Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

3 of 3
Class of 2010>>>>
Posted: 28 June 2010 10:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  677
Joined  2009-11-18

John,

So glad you are now officially a brother. Now how about hearing about your reactions, other than it was hot! Also, if you have questions, now’s the time to ask them.

Joyfully,

BOB

Signature 

Liberty Pickering Lodge #219, Baltimore MD
Druid RA Chapter #28, Baltimore
Hiram Council #5 R&SM;, Baltimore
Monumental Commandery #3, Baltimore
Harrisburg Consistory AASR, Harrisburg, PA

Posted: 29 June 2010 08:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  103
Joined  2010-03-01

Bob,
  Thank you for your help and kind words!  I feel really great as I have had some time to digest the experience.  The esoteric part of the whole was fantastic! Truly a beautiful ritual.  I have many questions, but I will approach them slowly and possibly in a PM.  I want to experience the ceremony from the point of view of a Brother so I will try to do that in the coming weeks. Thanks again! John

Signature 

“How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.”
——Benjamin Franklin

Initiated EA: 06/28/2010

FC:????

Washington Lodge #61
Manchester, NH

Posted: 30 June 2010 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  55
Joined  2010-06-07

John, I attended an EA degree last evening at a neighboring lodge - some 4 days after my degree was conferred; I can state without question you will find this an enlightening and educational moment that will benefit you greatly as you progress. You gain from it in many ways - not only from the fellowship of meeting those brothers at a different lodge, but it will allow you to fill in details that you may have missed while undergoing the degree yourself. This will be of great assistance in your memory work, and I must admit that was one of my motivating factors, although I found I received more from it than just that alone.

Posted: 30 June 2010 11:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-01

Carl…I am fortunate enough to have been asked to attend an EA tonight in Nashua.  I will absorb like a sponge that which may have been “missed” in the rush of the overall ritual.  I will advise!  JC

Signature 

“How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.”
——Benjamin Franklin

Washington Lodge #61
Manchester, NH

Posted: 30 June 2010 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  118
Joined  2009-12-13

John…. CONGRATS Brother…I am happy for you, patience is paying off. Do make an effort to go see the degree work, it has helped me along the way. I finally got to see a MM put on…..2 1/2 months after getting raised. Looks like Bob just might have to work on getting us a group rate in Baltimore for the class of 2010 gathering!!!

Signature 

Aurora #51 F&AM; Lodge
Aurora, IN

Initiated:1-21-10
Passed:2-17-10
Raised:4-12-2010

AASR Valley of Indianapolis
32* Scottish Rite Mason

Posted: 30 June 2010 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  55
Joined  2010-06-07

It is indeed a small world; I know of the candidate you will be observing this evening, as he is the friend of one of the officers at the lodge I attended last evening. Have a great time at Rising Sun in Nashua!

Posted: 30 June 2010 10:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-01

Very enlightening to have the chance to be in attendance at a Lodge of EA!  I feel I gained a great deal viewing the ceremony from the side lines so to speak.  I will attend another in the coming weeks!

Signature 

——Benjamin Franklin

Washington Lodge #61
Manchester, NH

3 of 3

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.3776 seconds.