Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

Iranian Lodge in Exile
Posted: 05 December 2012 05:41 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2012-06-26

I found this address in my searches who claims to be Grand Lodge of Iran. I wondered if it is a reliable connection to the Iranian Lodge in exile or not.
the address is

https://www.facebook.com/events/357490714340031/

Posted: 05 December 2012 06:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2079
Joined  2008-01-21

You can check with the Iranian Scottish Rite (In Exile), based in Los Angeles, CAL.

Signature 

Charles E. Martin
Alexandria, Virginia

My blog about Masonry in Afghanistan and Iraq:
(Send me a PM)

Bowling Green Lodge #73, Bowling Green, KY (Grand Lodge of KY, F.&A.M.;)
Macedonian Lodge, Quincy Mass. (Grand Lodge of Massachusetts, F.&A.M.;)
Alexandria, VA Scottish Rite Bodies, A.A.S.R. (Southern Jurisdiction, USA)

Posted: 05 December 2012 06:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2012-06-26
cemab4y - 05 December 2012 06:18 AM

You can check with the Iranian Scottish Rite (In Exile), based in Los Angeles, CAL.

How ??!!!
they don’t answer Emails and other means of communication is not reliable for me.

Posted: 05 December 2012 06:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  941
Joined  2011-03-20

It would seem that you are not thinking this through properly. If you, as your profile says, are actually in Tehran they are not going to respond to your emails are they? There is a very good reason why the Grand Lodge is in exile.

You will probably either have to send it a letter (P.O. Box 25017 Los Angeles, CA 90025 USA) or wait until you are actually in Los Angeles in person to make contact.

Signature 

Mike Martin
Click here for Mersey Lodge No.5434
Click here to chat about UK Freemasonry
Click here to view my Masonic watch fobs

Posted: 05 December 2012 07:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2012-06-26
Mike Martin - 05 December 2012 06:57 AM

It would seem that you are not thinking this through properly. If you, as your profile says, are actually in Tehran they are not going to respond to your emails are they? There is a very good reason why the Grand Lodge is in exile.

You will probably either have to send it a letter or wait until you are actually in Los Angeles in person to make contact.

I know that BUT you did not understand that the fact that there could be a chance for me to find a mason who has some friends in IRANIAN lodges encouraged me to open this topic. Mentioned person is capable of helping me by asking this question from a reliable person of Iranian lodge in exile who he knows. If “you are not thinking this through properly” means that you are not capable of helping me in this way let me wait to see if I can find some one who does. But if you are 100% sure that it is not possible to find such a guy here, let me know then I will close this topic.

Posted: 05 December 2012 07:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  941
Joined  2011-03-20

I can only refer you back to what was explained to you some six months ago.

Please refer to : http://www.masonforum.com/viewthread/6026/

Signature 

Mike Martin
Click here for Mersey Lodge No.5434
Click here to chat about UK Freemasonry
Click here to view my Masonic watch fobs

Posted: 05 December 2012 08:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1241
Joined  2011-11-10
NIKITAK - 05 December 2012 07:19 AM

You will probably either have to send it a letter or wait until you are actually in Los Angeles in person to make contact.

I know that BUT you did not understand that the fact that there could be a chance for me to find a mason who has some friends in IRANIAN lodges encouraged me to open this topic. Mentioned person is capable of helping me by asking this question from a reliable person of Iranian lodge in exile who he knows. If “you are not thinking this through properly” means that you are not capable of helping me in this way let me wait to see if I can find some one who does. But if you are 100% sure that it is not possible to find such a guy here, let me know then I will close this topic.

I think you’re missing the point that Mike is getting at; if there is a member of the Grand Lodge currently living in Tehran, they are not about to tell you; that would only put his freedom/life at risk .. after all, if the roles were reversed and you suddenly discovered that your name had been given to someone who just emailed in, would you appreciate your life being put at risk??

Remember - we only have your word you are who you say you are; for all we know (and the GL we’re discussing), you could be doing this to entrap .. don’t you agree?  I’m not saying you are you understand, just trying to explain why you’re unlikely to get a reply to your email.

Signature 

Richard
Past Provincial Junior Grand Warden, Provincial Grand Treasurer (Royal Arch)
Member of Craft, Royal Arch, Ancient & Accepted Rite, Mark, Royal Ark Mariner, Knight Templar, Knight Templar Priest, Order of Secret Monitor, Royal Order of Scotland
UGLE.

Posted: 05 December 2012 08:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2012-06-26
Richard George - 05 December 2012 08:05 AM
NIKITAK - 05 December 2012 07:19 AM

I think you’re missing the point that Mike is getting at; if there is a member of the Grand Lodge currently living in Tehran, they are not about to tell you; that would only put his freedom/life at risk .. after all, if the roles were reversed and you suddenly discovered that your name had been given to someone who just emailed in, would you appreciate your life being put at risk??

Remember - we only have your word you are who you say you are; for all we know (and the GL we’re discussing), you could be doing this to entrap .. don’t you agree?  I’m not saying you are you understand, just trying to explain why you’re unlikely to get a reply to your email.

You did not understand my question at all.

I Said I found this address in my searches who claims to be Grand Lodge of Iran. I wondered if it is a reliable connection to the Iranian Lodge in exile or not.
the address is

https://www.facebook.com/events/357490714340031/

Means that:
I faced a situation as follows:
1. There is a public webpage in face book
2. this “public page” claims that it is connected to the Grand Lodge of Iran in exile

This situation caused me to try to understand whether this webpage Belongs to the Grand Lodge of Iran in Exile or not

Did I mean some one give me a name? NO
Did I mean some one find me an Iranian free mason to talk with me in this matter? NO
Did I mean to introduce me to an Iranian free mason? No

WHAT DID I exactly requested?
Being informed by a mason (not necessarily Iranian) that this webpage belongs officially to Iranian Lodge in exile or not.

Posted: 05 December 2012 08:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4033
Joined  2007-09-27

Hi Nikitak, I looked at the facebook page that you referenced, and it appears that it is merely a page for an event (one that I believe already took place) in October.

The Grand Lodge in Exile is based in California, but as far as I know, they don’t usually meet there.  I was there when they met in Boston a few years ago.  It looks like this event on Facebook might merely be a registration of one of their events, although I’m not sure why they would go through the trouble as it looks like nobody responded.

If you’re trying to contact them from Iran, you’re probably going to face difficulty. 

My guess is that this Facebook event was probably created by a member of the Grand Lodge of Iran in Exile for some small regional meeting, but it is probably not “owned” by the GL of Iran in Exile so to speak.

Signature 

Dan

Past Master, Columbian Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Boston, MA
Senior Deacon, Friendship Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Wilmington, MA
32° Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Boston
Shriners International, Aleppo Temple - Wilmington, MA

Posted: 06 December 2012 04:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2012-06-26
Dan Madore - 05 December 2012 08:53 AM

Hi Nikitak, I looked at the facebook page that you referenced, and it appears that it is merely a page for an event (one that I believe already took place) in October.

The Grand Lodge in Exile is based in California, but as far as I know, they don’t usually meet there.  I was there when they met in Boston a few years ago.  It looks like this event on Facebook might merely be a registration of one of their events, although I’m not sure why they would go through the trouble as it looks like nobody responded.

If you’re trying to contact them from Iran, you’re probably going to face difficulty. 

My guess is that this Facebook event was probably created by a member of the Grand Lodge of Iran in Exile for some small regional meeting, but it is probably not “owned” by the GL of Iran in Exile so to speak.

Many Many thanks for your reasonable response Dan Madore. As a matter of fact I’m not trying to contact them cause as we talked before it may cause danger for both. I just surprised when I saw the link.

Posted: 06 December 2012 04:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1241
Joined  2011-11-10

Nikitak; looks like I misunderstood what you were after .. particularly as you stated “they don’t reply to emails”.

Glad you’ve got your answer.

Signature 

Richard
Past Provincial Junior Grand Warden, Provincial Grand Treasurer (Royal Arch)
Member of Craft, Royal Arch, Ancient & Accepted Rite, Mark, Royal Ark Mariner, Knight Templar, Knight Templar Priest, Order of Secret Monitor, Royal Order of Scotland
UGLE.

Posted: 23 February 2017 12:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2017-02-16

That event which took place in San Diego was an official semi-annual Grand Lodge of Iran in Excile meeting. They held it once here in San Diego. I attended it. It was a very rewarding experience.

S/F

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.3973 seconds.