Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

Basic Question
Posted: 23 September 2009 10:54 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-09-23

To be honest I’m not really sure what this websites main intent is. I have always been intrigued with the stories of the Free Masons through books, documentaries and even movies. I recently seen one of your adds on tv about you guys helping out to those in need. I was just wondering if you could point me in the right direction if any grants are available out there for first time home buyers. If I am in the wrong place for this question I am sorry, but thought if anyone could help me with a little information it would be the Free Masons.

Posted: 24 September 2009 07:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  116
Joined  2007-10-15

Hello.

My suggestion would be to make contact with your local lodge, but I don’t believe that any lodge’s charitable giving extends to home purchases.

Posted: 24 September 2009 07:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  790
Joined  2007-03-18

Michael

Thank you for your thoughtful post. For the record, the purpose of this Forum is to help men learn how to become Freemasons. There is more information about the Forum under the first sticky thread entitled:

How to use this Forum—http://www.masonforum.com/viewthread/64/

And while I am sure there are members here who could point you in the right direction for home buying, we do not use this Forum to discuss this type of information. Nor does Freemasonry itself concern itself with this kind of advice.

Freemasonry itself is a Fraternity, not a charitable organization per se. We do, however, have a lot of charitable activities that Lodges support—and as the ad says, we do believe that Greatness does not lie in wealth and fame, but in a man’s capacity to “do good for his fellow creatures.” 

Again, Freemasonry is not a place to go for help or advice – but rather a place to learn how you can become a better man and give something back yourself. As with many things, what you get out of Freemasonry depends on what you put into it.

Hope that helps. If you are interested in learning more about the Craft, there will be open houses in both Cambridge and Somerville (MA) on October 17th.

Feel free to stop by.

Bob Heruska
Boston, MA

Signature 

Bob Heruska
Past Master
Columbian Lodge
Boston, MA

Member of the York Rite, Scottish Rite, and the Mystic Shrine.

Posted: 24 September 2009 11:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4084
Joined  2007-09-27

I would be nice!!  ;)  I’m buying a home myself right now, so any financial aid is welcome.

However, such handouts would destroy the fraternity in many ways.  I hope it is clear that we are NOT that kind of organizaiton.

Signature 

Dan

Past Master, Columbian Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Boston, MA
Friendship Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Wilmington, MA
32° Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Boston
Shriners International, Aleppo Temple - Wilmington, MA

Posted: 24 September 2009 12:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-09-23

Hey it was worth the try lol. But thank you guys for your answers and wish you all luck in all your future endeavors.

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.2928 seconds.