Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

What can I talk about right now?
Posted: 23 April 2009 01:25 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2009-02-28

Guys,

I am curious about all of this. I have been accepted into my Lodge. The ballot went through and I am all safe. My initiation has been scheduled for 1 week from now.. I find myself talking about this to my friends, is this something I shouldn’t be doing. I have not been sworn to not speak of anything, I haven’t been privy to any secrets as of yet, I know this is a Puppy asking the old dogs some questions, but I am ignorant and haven’t been directed in any way as of yet of what I Can and cannot talk about..

Should I be quite about my Membership, or should I be proud obviously without saying anything that would compromise my oath, but the fact that I am a member, I shouldn’t have to hide this and if I have it on my FACEBOOK STATUS that I am not a Mason, is this bad?

please respond, I am sort of confused ya’ll…

Posted: 23 April 2009 03:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  116
Joined  2007-10-15
Squidius - 23 April 2009 01:25 PM

Should I be quite about my Membership, or should I be proud obviously without saying anything that would compromise my oath, but the fact that I am a member, I shouldn’t have to hide this and if I have it on my FACEBOOK STATUS that I am not a Mason, is this bad?

Well, you can say pretty much what you have said here:  you were accepted as a candidate for initiation, and that you are obviously excited.  You are not yet a member, so you shouldn’t claim so, but you shouldn’t feel the need to hide anything about being accepted.  I couldn’t keep the grin off my face when I got the notice from my lodge secretary.

Posted: 06 June 2009 02:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2009-06-05

when i found out i had to tell everybody,and stillwilling to talk to any interested person.congradulations on your petition being accepted.I look forward to sitting in lodge with you some day Bro. Jerry

Signature 

Bro. Jerry
Rifle,Co. #129

Posted: 19 June 2009 06:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2009-06-18

I was really excited to get the notice from my lodge as well.  I didn’t know any masons that I know of.  But once I was given notice and still now, everyone wanted to know all about it and freemasons.  I feel it is actually a good thing to promote it in a good manner.  Here in Ohio we can’t ask for members but just talking about our experiences as a mason and all the good work and charity we do in the community will and does help.  I finished my Master Mason on June 13, 2009 with 3 other men.  I can’t wait to become fully envolved with my lodge and the very good men there.

Signature 

Jim Nicholas
Ohio
Niles Mckinley Lodge #794

“The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step”

Posted: 20 June 2009 01:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2080
Joined  2008-01-21

Please add my congratulations! I used to live in Columbus, and I have visited East Gate Lodge in Gahanna, Ohio. I was heavily involved in Aladdin Shrine, I was in five Shrine clubs, and president of one of them. My wife and I were doing some kind of Shrine activity, every weekend!

I hope that you can become a full working partner, with your lodge, and “labor in the quarry”. The wages of a Master Mason,are symbolic, but there are plenty of opportunities for real, substantive work.

Whether it is helping in the kitchen, or pushing the vacuum cleaner on the floor, or serving as an officer, we all contribute to the success of our lodge. If you see a way to help, speak up!

I wish you every possible success in Masonry, and in life.

Signature 

Charles E. Martin
Alexandria, Virginia

My blog about Masonry in Afghanistan and Iraq:
(Send me a PM)

Bowling Green Lodge #73, Bowling Green, KY (Grand Lodge of KY, F.&A.M.;)
Macedonian Lodge, Quincy Mass. (Grand Lodge of Massachusetts, F.&A.M.;)
Alexandria, VA Scottish Rite Bodies, A.A.S.R. (Southern Jurisdiction, USA)

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.3507 seconds.