1 of 20
What’s all this conspiracy stuff?
Posted: 11 April 2009 12:32 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  783
Joined  2007-03-18

To Masons and prospective Masons.

As many of you know, we spend a lot of time on this Forum answering questions about conspiracies. Without trying to draw fanatics into the Forum, I do think that those interested in the Craft have a right to air their worries and hear the truth from actual Freemasons. Some of the moderators thought we should at least find a place for this topic until we have a better spot, so we’re starting it here.

We are not historians (although a few of us are trained that way), but if anyone has some specific questions they want to ask or theories they’ve heard that they would like debunked or verified, let’s use this thread to do it.

It would be great if we could keep this civil. Thanks.

Bob Heruska
Forum Moderator
Boston, MA

Signature 

Bob Heruska
Past Master
Columbian Lodge
Boston, MA

Member of the York Rite, Scottish Rite, and the Mystic Shrine.

Posted: 11 April 2009 01:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2008-07-29

Hello:

I want to thank Bob for setting up this thread on conspiracy theories and for all his hard work on the forum. As stated above, please keep it respectful and civil.

Fraternally,

Jacob P. Descheneaux

Signature 

Jacob Descheneaux
Newburyport, MA

Posted: 16 April 2009 01:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  93
Joined  2009-03-16

I’ve posted a couple times before, I am very serious about becoming a freemason.

In telling this to family and friends, how did any of you respond if it turned out any of your aquaintances believed the conspiracy theories?

Have any of you actually lost friends or caused a lot of strife in your family over this decision?  Was any strife permanent, or did it basically blow over after you started your involvement and they realized you hadn’t become some terrible pawn in a conspiracy?

Posted: 16 April 2009 03:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2008-07-29

I had a couple of friends who addressed the so called conspiracy theories although they were not protesting my membership. It didn’t bother me nor them. My family has been very supportive of my membership, so much so, that my step-father recently became a Master Mason.

It ultimately depends on you and what you feel is right in your heart. That is how I approached joining Freemasonry.

Fraternally,

Jacob P. Descheneaux

Signature 

Jacob Descheneaux
Newburyport, MA

Posted: 24 May 2009 09:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  77
Joined  2008-10-18

Steve,
I have had a similar experience as Bro. Jacob. The people I mentioned it to were very supportive and said they saw it as a very charitable organization but didn’t know much more than that. That’s where I jump in and boast about it and clear up any misconceptions they may be thinking. I spend my time with good people who have good thoughts about thing such as this. On the other hand when some people hear me speak about Masonry, I’ve been asked “when do they let you know where the treasure is”? I usually tell them “we are polishing it now…shhh”! Also I get the occasional “why do we want to take over the world”. On that one I say “We have had 300 years to plan it. If that was our goal, don’t you think we would have done it by now”. Funny what people let run through their minds.

Good luck!
Scott

Posted: 04 June 2009 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  273
Joined  2008-01-08

To concerned prospective men:

Though New England states differ in many respects from other geographic areas,
the thought of a subversive theme of freemasonry is not viable. First, in Massachusetts little is behind closed doors. The visage of tuxedoed citizens marching in parades is hardly a secret society tact. The knowledge of the Shriners Burns Hospital and the work of the fundraising by Masons to support that institution is clear. The Open Houses that are sponsored statewide is an open book. Many local charity events are personally supported by individual lodges. Here in eastern Mass. the TV ABC affiliate WCVB CH 5, evening program, Chonical HD, filmed and broadcast a segment: “Behind Closed Doors”. That broadcast displayed the inner look of the opening of a Regular Lodge Meeting ( un-tyled) and emphasised the diversity of membership and civic and charitable works. We lay cornerstone, we celebrate events publicly, we share history, and on and on.
Human Nature loves to embrace controversy, hence, if it isn’t Masonry at this time, it would be another organization. Expect the “illuminati” scenario to play out for a while. Meanwhile, the newest masonic candidates are knocking on the door and the door is opening! Slainte!

Ronald Doucette - Forum Moderator

Posted: 20 December 2009 12:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2009-12-20

The way I replied to the “Conspiracy Theories” of friends was to simply tell them that I did not believe they were true. I told them that if I had any suspicions or anything after being initiated then I would re-evaluate my membership and progression in the craft.
As of right now I absolutely love being a freemason, scottish rite mason and a shriner. All of that was 3 years ago and now one of the very same men who questioned my desire to become a mason, will infact become a mason this coming January. It is always good to have the brothers you met after you were made a mason, however I am finding a great deal of joy about doing the apron presentation for a very dear friend of mine!

Posted: 24 February 2010 12:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-02-24

What I find is that several co-workers and friends are discussing the “Illuminati” and how they run the entire world and the Freemasons work for them as well as most government branches, couldn’t do anything but laugh, I tell them it’s non sense but most people are so gullible it’s a shame. Also, You tube isn’t helping much with the vast amount of “conspiracy videos” on their site, but what can you do.

Posted: 24 February 2010 10:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  118
Joined  2009-12-13

I have had people make comments about Freemasons not knowing that I am going through the degree work to become a MM. I usually listen to what they have to say, it can be very entertaining. As far as youtube, well anyone can put together with the help of modern technology and post it. just because it is on the internet doesnt make it true. There are some people that truely believe that the Freemasons rule the world, and there is not anything anyone can say to change their minds. I am sure that there are some very powerful people in the world that are Freemasons but that doesnt mean they control everything. i recently read that the Freemasons were responsible for the earthquake in Haiti….come on…I dont see how anyone can say such nonsense with a straight face. (Disclaimer….this next part is a joke…to the conspiracy minded reading this ...OK)I as a FC have not received any superpowers to cause any natural disasters or have not been informed of any government take overs, all I would like to be able to have rule over is my house…I cant even get my kid to keep their room clean….LOL….
But seriously, there are people that will twist any story to fit any ideology or beliefs. If someone wanted to have a serious discussion regarding conspiracies, I would have them do some reading on the topic from both sides of the topic and talk with some well informed Brothers. All we can do is lay out the facts and let the person make up their mind from there.

Signature 

Aurora #51 F&AM; Lodge
Aurora, IN

Initiated:1-21-10
Passed:2-17-10
Raised:4-12-2010

AASR Valley of Indianapolis
32* Scottish Rite Mason

Posted: 10 March 2010 10:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-03-10

What amuses me is when someone asks about [insert conspiracy theory here] and when I tell them it is bunk, they say “well, you don’t know because you aren’t at the right level yet.”

%-P

Signature 

Antique Masonic Jewelry
Masonic Rings

Posted: 08 July 2010 03:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2010-07-07
Steve - 24 February 2010 10:23 AM

i recently read that the Freemasons were responsible for the earthquake in Haiti.

Seriously?!? Since when did the Freemasons become the X-Men? Maybe if I join the Eastern Star I can get weather controlling powers like Storm!!! That would be so AWESOME!!! :lol: %-P

EDIT I guess the smilies don’t work?

Signature 

This here, is my creative signature that is plain, boring, and has nothing substantial. Enjoy!

Posted: 08 July 2010 08:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2010-06-01

When someone asks about Masons ruling the world, I usually tell them they better be nice to me or NO SPECIAL FAVORS!

Posted: 01 October 2010 08:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2010-09-19

I had a couple quick questions, has any masons on here read the book titled “Behold the pale horse by William Cooper” ?? And If so do you find the information in the book to be true ?? Just curious…Thanks!

Posted: 01 October 2010 10:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3997
Joined  2007-09-27

Here is an appropriate answer to your question:

http://www.freemasonry.bcy.ca/anti-masonry/cooper_m.html

I wouldn’t look to any of his books for truth if I were you.

Signature 

Dan

Past Master, Columbian Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Boston, MA
Senior Deacon, Friendship Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Wilmington, MA
32° Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Boston
Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine, Aleppo Temple

Posted: 01 October 2010 10:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  783
Joined  2007-03-18

Thanks Brother Dan.

Maybe we should start a new area called AntiMason Nutcases.

Bob

Signature 

Bob Heruska
Past Master
Columbian Lodge
Boston, MA

Member of the York Rite, Scottish Rite, and the Mystic Shrine.

Posted: 03 October 2010 12:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2010-09-19

Hey Dan thanks for that link!! I always wondered about that because that book seems to be very popular. Even a hip hop artist mentioned it before in an interview. For the record I don’t and hope i’m not coming off as a anti-mason cause thats not true at all as i’m really thinking of joining the masons but just trying to get lots of information and ask questions. I have one more question about i believe another anti-mason person. Have you ever heard of a guy named Craig G Lewis ? [Website deleted per Adminsistrator] He has spoken a lot about masonry and even the black greek letter fraternities….

1 of 20

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.7867 seconds.