Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

I have made the decision of asking
Posted: 21 February 2009 10:37 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2009-02-21

Dear all,

I have been vary curious about masonry and am astonished by the teachings of moral virtue and servance to mankind. The sentence that attracted me the most was: “Taking good men and making them better”, for it is a crede of my family and mine since I can remember. I have researched a lot about Freemasonry and it’s symbolism trying to find out if it’s the right step for me, towards becoming a better man. And I have found out.

I don’t know weather it is in your jurisdiction and wheather or not you would be able to assist me, but here is the question:

I live in the city of Skopje, the Republic of Macedonia and as a young nation, also is Freemasonry in my country (not in the roots, there are known Masons of old), the brotherhood is extremely secretive. I know of one Mason, which is a family friend, but I am not totally sure he is one, so I am reluctant to approach him and ask the question. Also the lodges are still undisclosed to the public. Therefore I am at the dilemma of how to petition.

The Grand Lodge of Macedonia received the Light from UGLA on the 30th of September 2006. Most significant fact is that for only the second time in 100 years, UGLA has decided to independetly bring the Light onto another Grand Lodge.

I hope that you will be able to answer my question.

Than you in advance,
Vladimir Barisic
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia

Posted: 23 February 2009 01:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4099
Joined  2007-09-27

Congratulations on your decision to persue Masonic membership.  You can contact the Grand Lodge of Macedonia by email at: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

You can also write to them at the following address:

GLM
R.Macedonia, Skopje 1000
P.O.Box 544

Here is their website.

Your best bet is to contact the Grand Lodge personally and ask them how to petition for membership.

Best of luck,

Dan

Signature 

Dan

1st District Membership Chairman - Boston, MA
Past Master, Columbian Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Boston, MA
Friendship Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Wilmington, MA
The Lodge of the Royal Secret - Boston, MA
32° Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Boston
Shriners International, Aleppo Temple - Wilmington, MA

Posted: 24 February 2009 11:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2009-02-21

Dan thank you for your thoughtful response.

I hope you will bare with me regarding my inqueries. The Grand Lodge is at an undislosed location i.e. still not open to public or visible in any way. Also the members of the Lodges are less then fervent to openly speak about their involvment, as masonry is relatively young in my country. I know that contacting the Grand Lodge personally would be great, but as I have explained, it is an option which is not open for me at this time.

I am familiar with the website very well and visit it quite often. I have written on the Email address and got no response, but I am aware it is a slow process and I am more than willing to take my time. You also mentioned about writing, which I still have not done. Can you please provide me with some suggestions about what to include in the letter (picture, etc.).

Looking forward of the day when I can be fraternal with all of you.

Thank you in advance,
Vladimir Barisic

Posted: 23 March 2009 03:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2009-02-21

Dearest all,

I made my first step today and asked the question! I am standing at the gates and I knock with an open heart and clear mind with eternal hope of enlightement. The first step has been made. Now the eternal path awaits and I am more than willing of walking it.

Thank you for your thoughts of love and support.

With deepest respect and love,
Vladimir Barisic

Posted: 24 March 2009 10:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2008-07-29

Congratulations:

It is always great to meet men from across the world who share in the fraternal bonds of Masonry. So many times I have been asked, What is the point to Freemasonry? These great stories and connections that span the world is just one of the many reason why we join and participate in the traditions of Freemasonry.

Again, my sincerest fraternal congratulations and please keep us posted on all your future masonic endeavors.

Fraternally,

Jacob P. Descheneaux

Signature 

Jacob Descheneaux
Newburyport, MA

Posted: 25 March 2009 10:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2009-02-21

Dear Jacob,

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your heartfelt thoughts.

I would like to join you in what you have pointed out as the reason for joining and participating in the Brotherhood. I made my path clear, and if you seek you shall find. Even with the “hurdels” I have mentioned earlier. My next steps were made very clear to me and my questions have been asnwered with utmost sincerety. What I thought would be a short meeting, turned into a 2 hour long conversation, with that being the most pleasurable moment for me as a moral man and a person.

Once again I would like to stress my deepest gratitude to you all and I will make sure to keep you posted as I walk through the door.

I remain with respect,
Vladimir Barisic

Posted: 29 November 2015 06:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2015-09-21

Hello brothers,

Can someone tell me where exactly the Lodge in Skopje, Macedonia is located?

I’m looking to become a Freemason.

Posted: 30 November 2015 08:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2409
Joined  2011-01-20

Please do not post the same question in multiple places. Your question was already answered.

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°
Past Master, Ancient York Lodge, Lowell, MA.

God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.3593 seconds.