Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

Petitioning ?
Posted: 02 July 2008 11:12 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2008-07-02

First off, Thank you Gentlemen for this Forum, My Father was a Mason for 40 years and I’ve been considering petitioning the Masonry for some time now.  My father and I never spoke of the masons as I find out maybe he wasn’t allowed to come forth and I was misinformed of the Myths and conspiracies.

He’s gone now and after doing a lot of research I would like to petition, My question is this….

Where I live there are many Lodges how do I choose where to petition or even better yet is there a way I could find out my father’s Lodge. It would make me very proud continue his legacy with his closest Brothers.

Thank you for any input

Sincerely,
Gary

Posted: 02 July 2008 11:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  791
Joined  2007-03-18

Hi Gary

Your situation is similar to many sons of Masons. It’s one of the reasons we have this forum. Although we don’t “ask” you to join, we let you know that it’s OK to “ask”, and not wait to be invited.

As a regular joe I have a work day tomorrow so I can’t answer your question fully right now, but you’ve come to the right place. Unless someone else on the Forum responds before tomorrow (eastern time in the US) I will be happy to get you started.

As I tell most people who come to the Forum, it would really help to put your place of residence, or at least your state and country, on your registration. That way it’s easier to not only help you get going, but also easier for those of us on the Forum to see who is best qualified to follow up with you.

Good night for now, and good luck.

Bob Heruska
Boston, MA

Signature 

Bob Heruska
Past Master
Columbian Lodge
Boston, MA

Member of the York Rite, Scottish Rite, and the Mystic Shrine.

Posted: 02 July 2008 11:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2008-07-02

Sorry I meant to mention that I’m From Edmonton, Alberta

Posted: 03 July 2008 08:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  284
Joined  2007-09-27

Hi, Gary-

The Grand Lodge of Alberta, http://www.freemasons.ab.ca, would be the best resource for you. They should be able to let you know which lodge your father was a member of, and help put you in touch with them to explore the possibility of joining their lodge.
-Robert

Signature 

Forum Administrator
Communications & Development Director
Grand Lodge of Massachusetts A.F. & A.M.
http://www.MassFreemasonry.org
http://www.AskaFreemason.org
“Is There Greatness in you?”

Posted: 04 July 2008 12:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2008-07-02

Thank you all for your generous help, With your help I was able to start the petition process today

Turns out I have a friend in the Freemasons Hall in Edmonton and he helped me tremdously. Again gentlemen thank you for having this forum and replying so quickly.

I hope to one day call you all Brothers!

Sincerly Yours,

Gary

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.3565 seconds.