Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

IF
Posted: 26 March 2008 04:04 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2008-03-25

IF ibecome a freemason what would i get or what i benifit from becoming s freemason

Posted: 26 March 2008 03:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  273
Joined  2008-01-08

SaidHan:

This forum was set up to answer many types of questions specific to Freemasonry.
When looking amongst the subjects on these pages a reader will get a good sense of the reason to consider membership.  I want to direct you toward the http://www.AskaFreemason.org  frequently asked question   area.  You will get a baseline of issues that may answer many of your questions. After that, you may be more specific in your needs.  -Ron Doucette, Moderator

Posted: 26 March 2008 04:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4099
Joined  2007-09-27

The benefits of becoming a Freemason vary from man to man, but in general I think it is safe to say that you get out of it what you put into it.  If you are active in the lodge to an extent that you are included in charitable work, you will get a sense of satisfaction in helping your fellow man.  If you participate in most of the lodge activities, through spending time with your fellow brothers, you will experience the sence of fraternal brotherhood that the lodge has to offer.  You will meet many new friends and will establish long lasting bonds with the men in the lodge.

That said, I think that a better attitude to have when contemplating joining a Masonic lodge is to consider what YOU can offer to the fraternity and to your community.  If you are compelled to join Freemasonry out of a favorable impression of the organization, a desire for knowledge, and a sincere wish to be serviceable to your fellow creatures, you have the right attitude to be a strong contributing member.  There is no monetary compensation to be gained in Freemasonry.  Any advancement in your career or professional life is infrequent and is usually an indirect result of being associated with and becoming friends with other like-minded men who have a strong desire to help others.

Freemasons enjoy no special rights not afforded to all citizens, and the benefits and priviledges associated with the craft are directly related to the level of attention and committment that you show towards others.

On a personal level, I can say that I have gained a better understanding of myself, more confidence as a public speaker, greater organizational skills, and much practice dealing with men from all walks of life.

I hope this helps answer some of your questions.

Dan Madore
Columbian Lodge, Boston

Signature 

Dan

1st District Membership Chairman - Boston, MA
Past Master, Columbian Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Boston, MA
Friendship Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Wilmington, MA
The Lodge of the Royal Secret - Boston, MA
32° Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Boston
Shriners International, Aleppo Temple - Wilmington, MA

Posted: 31 March 2008 09:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2008-03-25

in my opinion peace will not come to the world untill every nation get their universal wright which is freedom if i become a free mason and it will help me to learn more about wisdom and better strategies to free my nation than from today i’m free mason but if free mason dont respect my identity than have a nice trip

Posted: 31 March 2008 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  273
Joined  2008-01-08

Dear SaidHan:
Though there might be a bit of a language problem, I think that I understand your issues here. When you refer to a Nation’s inability to recognize or provide freedom for one to practice in an organization or religious way, without repercussion, you attempt to associate that becoming a freemason is a political right. Masonry teaches fellowship, tolerance and charity. The “Institution” of Masonry worldwide had never attempted to change politics, Government Administrations or Kingdoms. We attempt to make the man better to arrive at a place of more awareness.
If you felt that a word, “Free” placed before the Word “Mason” can change the world in regions where man is persecuted, then you’ll need to reconsider if you’re misunderstanding the message. Your plight might best be served from the United Nations and world opinion. - Ron Doucette, Moderator

Posted: 01 April 2008 07:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2008-03-25

than see ya on the other side

thanks for the iformations

‹‹ Becoming a Freemason      Grand Lodge of NY ››

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.3865 seconds.