Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

Masonry and the Philanthropic Secret
Posted: 26 February 2008 10:40 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  273
Joined  2008-01-08

Many newly exposed visitors to Masonry learn over time of the large heart of the United States Masons. “Doing Well, while doing Good”, has become an important mission to the many constituent bodies of Masonry. One of the fastest ways to “make good men better” is to assist a man to search deep in his heart and help direct him toward charitable causes. The needs of children, the aged, the technology of medicine, the raising of Blood supplies, protection of our families children, and support of the community in which we live, all provide wonderful opportunities to give. Here, in the U.S.A., $3 million per day are applied to philanthropic causes sponsored by Masonry. When you think of the Shiner’s Burns Institute giving aid to child burn victims, without cost to the family, many lodges and their masonic members pride themselves by consistent donations. Mason also continue to be the largest group of Blood donors in the U.S. When all is considered, our newest members help secure the future of a great Masonic heart.—Ron Doucette

Posted: 29 July 2008 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2008-07-29

My favorite philanthropy in Freemasonry is the Shriners Hospital. I cannot think of a greater endeavor than helping families and their children during some of their most difficult times. Yet, what makes the Shriners Hospital so special is that it costs nothing to the families that use it, that is true giving from the heart.

That is what Freemasonry is all about!!!

Signature 

Jacob Descheneaux
Newburyport, MA

Posted: 27 August 2008 01:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2008-08-26

I never knew the fact that the most blood donors in the US are masons. I donate platelets every other Friday (on my day off). It would be great to see some masons donating platelets as it’s a more intensive procedure of blood donation and it immediately goes to help cancer patients.

Posted: 23 April 2009 01:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2009-02-28

But I need my Platelets, what am I going to eat lunch and dinner on? Masons can’t do it all!!!

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.6310 seconds.