Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

2 of 4
Submitted my petition
Posted: 01 June 2011 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  244
Joined  2009-09-20

MKing25 again I want to say that I am excited for you and I look forward to hearing about your Masonic journey.  All the best!

Signature 

Eric Gagne

Columbian Lodge A.F.& A.M. Boston, MA
Junior Warden, Celestial Lodge A.F.& A.M. Westwood, MA
32° Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Boston
St. Paul’s Royal Arch Chapter Boston, MA
Boston Council of Royal and Select Masters Boston, MA
Boston Commandery #2 Boston, MA

Posted: 01 June 2011 04:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2011-03-30

Thank you very much illusionist!

Signature 

M. King
M.M. @ Columbia Lodge #58 AF&AM;

Posted: 12 June 2011 09:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2011-03-30

Just received a call this morning from a brother at the lodge. He informed me that I had been voted on, accepted, and can start my EA! Initiation is Monday the 20th, I am very excited…to say the least.
:-)

Signature 

M. King

Posted: 12 June 2011 09:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  170
Joined  2011-04-04

Great news - congratulations!

Posted: 12 June 2011 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2084
Joined  2008-01-21

I add my congratulations. The EA is very important, it is your first time in a tyled lodge. You will cherish the experience. Please keep us informed of your progress, it is always a delight to track the first steps of a new Mason. I wish you all the best, and may the Great Architect of the Universe, guide your steps.

Signature 

Charles E. Martin
Alexandria, Virginia

My blog about Masonry in Afghanistan and Iraq:
(Send me a PM)

Bowling Green Lodge #73, Bowling Green, KY (Grand Lodge of KY, F.&A.M.;)
Macedonian Lodge, Quincy Mass. (Grand Lodge of Massachusetts, F.&A.M.;)
Alexandria, VA Scottish Rite Bodies, A.A.S.R. (Southern Jurisdiction, USA)

Posted: 12 June 2011 06:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  404
Joined  2011-03-17

Congratulations; enjoy the experience!

Signature 

Jay Mathis
Past Master
Tuckerton Lodge # 4 F&AM;
Tuckerton, NJ

Posted: 12 June 2011 10:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2011-03-30

Thank all of you very much!

Signature 

M. King

Posted: 12 June 2011 10:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2011-03-30
cemab4y - 12 June 2011 03:47 PM

May the Great Architect of the Universe, guide your steps.

I like that! Really appreciate it cemab4y, Thank you.

Signature 

M. King

Posted: 14 June 2011 03:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2011-04-16

Good luck, I got initiated last night and it was a wonderful experience it is something really worth waiting for.

Posted: 14 June 2011 04:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  244
Joined  2009-09-20

MKing25 and Yasser congrats to both of you.  You are both in for an amazing journey!

Signature 

Eric Gagne

Columbian Lodge A.F.& A.M. Boston, MA
Junior Warden, Celestial Lodge A.F.& A.M. Westwood, MA
32° Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Boston
St. Paul’s Royal Arch Chapter Boston, MA
Boston Council of Royal and Select Masters Boston, MA
Boston Commandery #2 Boston, MA

Posted: 14 June 2011 05:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  170
Joined  2011-04-04

It sounds like Maryland Masons are doing great and wonderful things! I look forward to reading updates in a few months.  :-)

Posted: 14 June 2011 07:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-03-17
Yasser - 14 June 2011 03:30 PM

Good luck, I got initiated last night and it was a wonderful experience it is something really worth waiting for.

Way to go Yasser!! Hey, it looks like we have another EA class getting together.
Go for it guys and don’t forget to have some fun on your adventures!

Signature 

Jay Mathis
Past Master
Tuckerton, NJ

Posted: 14 June 2011 08:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2011-03-30

Congratulations yasser! I am looking forward to Monday! And thank you all for your kind words.

Signature 

M. King

Posted: 14 June 2011 09:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  677
Joined  2009-11-18

Mking, I’m delighted to hear that you will be able to get started with the EA degree before fall. On the other hand, I’m a bit disappointed that I won’t be able to come and watch it. I’m the WM of my lodge (Liberty-Pickering #219) and since we are the Grand Master’s lodge, we have the honor (!?) of opening the Grand Lodge Summer School of Instruction at the Grand Lodge Building in Cockeysville, receiving the GM, doing the entire EA degree from start to finish, including the catechism, and closing lodge. All this under the eagle eye of the Grand Lecturer, who will correct any error, for the instruction of the brothers attending. I will be acting as WM that evening. Since you will be an Entered Apprentice by then and the whole evening will be in that degree, you can attend if you have a master mason accompanying you to vouch for you. It’s on Tues. July 12 starting at 7:00 pm. We should close by 9:30. My officers and I are rehearsing every Monday (at least) until then so that we will have it as correct as we can, which is why I can’t make it to your initiation. I hope you will try to come to the Summer School July 12 so I can meet you, and you can watch this old geezer and his officers do their best to demonstrate the correct work. (Actually, most of us are quite good, to say the least.) It will be an interesting experience for you. Hope to see you then.

Signature 

Liberty Pickering Lodge #219, Baltimore MD
Druid RA Chapter #28, Baltimore
Hiram Council #5 R&SM;, Baltimore
Monumental Commandery #3, Baltimore
Harrisburg Consistory AASR, Harrisburg, PA

Posted: 14 June 2011 09:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-03-17
REYoung - 14 June 2011 09:16 PM

Mking, I’m delighted to hear that you will be able to get started with the EA degree before fall. On the other hand, I’m a bit disappointed that I won’t be able to come and watch it. I’m the WM of my lodge (Liberty-Pickering #219) and since we are the Grand Master’s lodge, we have the honor (!?) of opening the Grand Lodge Summer School of Instruction at the Grand Lodge Building in Cockeysville, receiving the GM, doing the entire EA degree from start to finish, including the catechism, and closing lodge. All this under the eagle eye of the Grand Lecturer, who will correct any error, for the instruction of the brothers attending. I will be acting as WM that evening. Since you will be an Entered Apprentice by then and the whole evening will be in that degree, you can attend if you have a master mason accompanying you to vouch for you. It’s on Tues. July 12 starting at 7:00 pm. We should close by 9:30. My officers and I are rehearsing every Monday (at least) until then so that we will have it as correct as we can, which is why I can’t make it to your initiation. I hope you will try to come to the Summer School July 12 so I can meet you, and you can watch this old geezer and his officers do their best to demonstrate the correct work. (Actually, most of us are quite good, to say the least.) It will be an interesting experience for you. Hope to see you then.

MKing,
I highly recommend that you take advantage of Brother Young’s invitation. Experiencing a Grand Lodge of Instruction is an awesome experience. I went to my first one two years after I was raised and have gone every year since. Going as an EA would be an honor and being invited by the Worshipful Master; an additional honor. You will be amazed to see all the knowledge in the room, but especially impressed by the proficiency of Brother Young’s line. I wish you the best Brother Young; have fun teaching the instruction team.

Fraternally, Jay.

Signature 

Jay Mathis
Past Master
Tuckerton, NJ

2 of 4

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.5869 seconds.