Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

1 of 4
Submitted my petition
Posted: 30 March 2011 06:35 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2011-03-30

Hello. I just wanted to let everyone know that I submitted my petition tonight. I have always been interested in the Freemason fraternity and I am excited to here back…. I know that patience is a virtue, so I will do my best.

By the way, I think this particular forum is the best thing since sliced bread.

Signature 

M. King
M.M. @ Columbia Lodge #58 AF&AM;

Posted: 30 March 2011 09:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  677
Joined  2009-11-18

Thank you for the compliment, Michael.  What lodge did you petition?  Please let us know how you are getting along in the various stages of the initiation process. If we can be of any help, let us know on the Forum or send me a PM or email.

BOB YOUNG
Worshipful Master
Liberty Pickering Lodge #219
Cockeysville, MD

Signature 

Liberty Pickering Lodge #219, Baltimore MD
Druid RA Chapter #28, Baltimore
Hiram Council #5 R&SM;, Baltimore
Monumental Commandery #3, Baltimore
Harrisburg Consistory AASR, Harrisburg, PA

Posted: 30 March 2011 10:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2011-03-30

Your welcome. I will keep you updated on how the process goes. I initially used this site to search for a local lodge. Luckily, there is one only 10 minutes from me, the Columbia lodge #58. After I had submitted the request to the Grand lodge of Maryland, I received a prompt response from a brother at the Columbia lodge… within a day.
I appreciate all the help from everyone on this site. I’m looking forward to sharing to my experience in the near future.

Signature 

M. King

Posted: 31 March 2011 02:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2010-11-18

I’m glad to hear the system we have put into place here in Maryland is working.  When a man fills out the web form, we promptly send out the referral to a Lodge in their area.  It then becomes incumbent on the local Lodge to contact the potential candidate.  Best of luck to you!

Posted: 31 March 2011 06:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  244
Joined  2009-09-20

MKing25 good luck to you.  Let us all know what happens.

Signature 

Eric Gagne

Columbian Lodge A.F.& A.M. Boston, MA
Junior Warden, Celestial Lodge A.F.& A.M. Westwood, MA
32° Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Boston
St. Paul’s Royal Arch Chapter Boston, MA
Boston Council of Royal and Select Masters Boston, MA
Boston Commandery #2 Boston, MA

Posted: 02 April 2011 09:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2010-08-30

Always great to hear of another soon-to-be Brother! I hope you enjoy your journey and all the best with the Masonic path.

Signature 

EA: 16/11/09
FC: 29/03/10
MM: 15/11/10
Mother Lodge: Lodge Tamaki, being number 328 on the register of the Grand Lodge of New Zealand

Posted: 04 April 2011 10:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  244
Joined  2009-09-20

MKing25 any new updates or information yet?

Signature 

Eric Gagne

Columbian Lodge A.F.& A.M. Boston, MA
Junior Warden, Celestial Lodge A.F.& A.M. Westwood, MA
St. Paul’s Royal Arch Chapter Boston, MA
Boston Council of Royal and Select Masters Boston, MA
Boston Commandery #2 Boston, MA

Posted: 31 May 2011 10:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2011-03-30

Yes sir, I’m sorry for the late reply. My fiance’ an I have purchased our first house. Needless to say, I have been very busy.
  I was just contacted by the investigation committee Monday of last week. I met up with them Tuesday evening and everything went very well. I was a little nervous because I didn’t know what to expect, but other than that, everything was fine.
  The committee seemed to like me a lot and said that they will present their info (about me) in the next meeting. I am very excited to hear back. They informed me that they do not see any reason why I should not be approved to start my EA degree.
  One of the gentleman said that I would not hear back from them until September-ish due to the lodge shutting down for a little while during the summer. I was not aware of this, but it’s okay… I am in no rush. One of the key things that I have learned so far is that this is a life long journey and I am prepared to take it one step at a time, to learn and grow from the great experiences that this fraternity offers.

Signature 

M. King

Posted: 31 May 2011 11:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  170
Joined  2011-04-04
MKing25 - 31 May 2011 10:47 PM

Yes sir, I’m sorry for the late reply. My fiance’ an I have purchased our first house. Needless to say, I have been very busy.
  I was just contacted by the investigation committee Monday of last week. I met up with them Tuesday evening and everything went very well. I was a little nervous because I didn’t know what to expect, but other than that, everything was fine.
  The committee seemed to like me a lot and said that they will present their info (about me) in the next meeting. I am very excited to hear back. They informed me that they do not see any reason why I should not be approved to start my EA degree.
  One of the gentleman said that I would not hear back from them until September-ish due to the lodge shutting down for a little while during the summer. I was not aware of this, but it’s okay… I am in no rush. One of the key things that I have learned so far is that this is a life long journey and I am prepared to take it one step at a time, to learn and grow from the great experiences that this fraternity offers.

You sound like you are starting off with the right attitude. Welcome to the Fraternity!

Posted: 31 May 2011 11:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2011-03-30

Thanks zoffy!

Signature 

M. King

Posted: 01 June 2011 06:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2080
Joined  2008-01-21

Maryland has many fine lodges. I visit lodges in MD often. Please let me know when your EA is, and I will drive up and attend. (I work overseas, but I am in Fairfax VA for a while).

Signature 

Charles E. Martin
Alexandria, Virginia

My blog about Masonry in Afghanistan and Iraq:
(Send me a PM)

Bowling Green Lodge #73, Bowling Green, KY (Grand Lodge of KY, F.&A.M.;)
Macedonian Lodge, Quincy Mass. (Grand Lodge of Massachusetts, F.&A.M.;)
Alexandria, VA Scottish Rite Bodies, A.A.S.R. (Southern Jurisdiction, USA)

Posted: 01 June 2011 08:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2011-03-30

That would be great!  Hopefully I will hear back from my lodge around September at the latest. I will keep you posted and see if you are in the states around that time.

Signature 

M. King

Posted: 01 June 2011 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2011-05-26

Sounds like we are at the same place!  I receive first communation from a lodge here in Maryland as well!  As you mentioned, nervous, but looking very forward to the experience.

Posted: 01 June 2011 10:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  677
Joined  2009-11-18

Great news!  Please be sure to let us know when your Entered Apprentice degree is scheduled. I go to Frederick fairly often and if I don’t have something important that evening, I’ll drive out too. It will be great to meet you and Bro. Charles.

Signature 

Liberty Pickering Lodge #219, Baltimore MD
Druid RA Chapter #28, Baltimore
Hiram Council #5 R&SM;, Baltimore
Monumental Commandery #3, Baltimore
Harrisburg Consistory AASR, Harrisburg, PA

Posted: 01 June 2011 11:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4055
Joined  2007-09-27

Great news MKing and AnnapolisChris! 

You’ll find that many lodges shut down during the summer months.  This allows for family vacations, and also is much cheaper than installing air conditioning in the lodge buildings.  Lodge rooms can get pretty hot even in June and September.

Please keep us posted on your progress.

Signature 

Dan

Past Master, Columbian Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Boston, MA
Friendship Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Wilmington, MA
Shriners International, Aleppo Temple - Wilmington, MA

Posted: 01 June 2011 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2011-03-30

Yes sir! I will definitely keep you both informed on this thread or pm.  It would be great to have you both there and meet you.

Signature 

M. King

1 of 4

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.6538 seconds.