Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

The Annunaki as the Supreme Being
Posted: 25 February 2011 06:02 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-02-25

I have read every topic on this forum about the “Supreme Being” question asked on the petition and none quite answer my question. 

I have researched early and ancient texts from the days of the Sumerians and Babylonians and they all spoke of a race called the Annunaki.  After years of research and evidence to back the case, I have come to my belief which I hold today:  that the human race has a creator and that creator was the Annunaki.

They hail from a planet called Nibiru.  In the Sumerian text “The Epic of Creation,” which, I think, is what all modern religions base their own texts from, especially Genesis. It tells their tale of how they came to Earth and came to create the human race.  The first creator of the humans was an Annunaki king named Enki and his counter-part, Enlil, soon followed suit.  In these ancient cuneform texts, it speaks of an uprising of the Nephilim, a lesser blood-line of the Annunaki.  We were created as a solution to the cause of the Nephilim’s dismay.

Now, with that small amount of background knowledge about my belief, here is my question:

I do believe the human race has a creator. I do believe that my beliefs are what most, if not all, modern religions are based upon. I do believe that the Annunaki is supreme to us but not necessarily a “Supreme Being,” as in an all-knowing, all-powerful, mystical being.  I believe the Annunaki had a hand in developing the Earth as we know it today.  Now, from what I have read about the Annunaki, and Enki, I truly believe Enki to be what most Christians would called Jesus and Enlil to be Satan. Also, the Annunaki ruler, Anu, would be considered God in most modern religions and the Nephilim, angels.  I believe this wholeheartedly. 

But, and here is the kicker, I do not actively worship Enki, Enlil, or any of the Annunaki.  I believe we were created, and what they instilled into us in our creation is their blessing to us.  But I feel no need to worship our creators as “Supreme Beings,” in the supernatural sense, because they are physical, tangible beings.  I have petitioned my local lodge before researching what exactly the Mason’s view on what the “Supreme Being” actually is, and I assumed that since, in my belief, religion was based on the exact thing I believe to be true, minus the supernatural parts, then I must be good to go.  And, also, the fact that the Annunaki did create us and were supreme to us, and still are, made me believe that my beliefs would be acceptable.

But upon further reading, I can see that most Masonic lodges in the U.S. only accepts beliefs in the supernatural “Supreme Being.”  I’m curious if my beliefs are an acceptable term to the Masons because I do not want to join under false pretenses;  I couldn’t handle the guilt of lying about my beliefs.

Thank you for your time,
Michael

Posted: 25 February 2011 07:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3531
Joined  2007-09-27

You are asked if you believe in God before you can be made a Mason.  It sounds like you don’t, so that is a simple enough answer.  If you don’t believe in God, you are not allowed to be a Freemason. 

Please know that we do not judge your or think less of you for your beliefs, but it is a requirement that we take very seriously.

Best of luck.

Signature 

Dan

Worshipful Master, Columbian Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Boston, MA
32° Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Boston
Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine, Aleppo Temple

Posted: 25 February 2011 07:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  68
Joined  2011-02-13

Uh, well, to me, the Supreme Being is the Creator of the Universe.  Not aliens from another planet.  I don’t want to belittle your beliefs, but the Supreme Being would also be the creator of the Annunaki.  That’s the way I see it.

Kevin

Signature 

Kevin Kelly, PM
Fernley Lodge #34, F.&A.M.
Fernley, NV

Posted: 25 February 2011 08:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-02-25

Thanks Dan.  I was leaning towards your train of thought about it as well;  I just needed to hear/read it.  I’m going to pull out of the initiation process then I guess.

Posted: 25 February 2011 09:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2011-02-19
mpliles5 - 25 February 2011 06:02 PM

I’m curious if my beliefs are an acceptable term to the Masons because I do not want to join under false pretenses;  I couldn’t handle the guilt of lying about my beliefs.

Well, that’s admirable but Probably best to follow Dan’s advice.

Good luck

Posted: 09 March 2011 02:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2011-03-09

I do believe the human race has a creator. I do believe that my beliefs are what most, if not all, modern religions are based upon. I do believe that the Annunaki is supreme to us but not necessarily a “Supreme Being,” as in an all-knowing, all-powerful, mystical being.  I believe the Annunaki had a hand in developing the Earth as we know it today.  Now, from what I have read about the Annunaki, and Enki, I truly believe Enki to be what most Christians would called Jesus and Enlil to be Satan. Also, the Annunaki ruler, Anu, would be considered God in most modern religions and the Nephilim, angels.

And they worshiped “God, the Father of all Creation” As in I am Alpha and Omega the beginning and the End I am all there is, God is all of reality, this is the God I am a part of and believe in.

Also if you study this you will find that Enki recived instruction from a higher source twice named Galzu who said he came from Anu as a messanger but when asked by Enki, Anu denied sending or knowing him?

And no Enki was not Jesus that has to do with opps can’t tell that one.

Posted: 19 March 2011 05:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  104
Joined  2010-01-04

@ mpliles5
And
@ Dan Madore

On coast to coast radio program there was a guest a few years ago that said basically what the original poster said. That human had their genes tampered with and thus we have modern man. Making “man” in their own image would count them as a god with a small g. However the Annunaki believed in a supreme being much in the same way that modern man now does with a big G. The all powerful, ever present, all knowing God. So if your god believes in a god, do you also believe in that god of theirs as well?

In Idaho we are asked if we believe in god before we join. Not simply to see that we believe in one. But to see if we hold ourselves accountable to a higher power.

A higher power. A creator. No mater what religion you hold faith in calls your supreme deity.
God [Christians], Alah, Budah and the list goes on.

So Knowing the background of your post as i do from my own research personally i skip the Annunaki and believe in the Big G. The Annunaki is a plasuable story. The DNA markers that show genetic manipulations are present in humans and can be tracked back to the sumarian times. However Untill proven, they are just stories. Apparently planet X is 1.5 years away. And visable with the naked eye if you know where to look. If the SOHO sum monitoring satalight is still not blocking that part of the sky this week. We’ll still be here. Life will go on past 2012, and God of every ones faith will be watching what unfolds if anything.

Thats my 2 cents. Uncommon as it is.

Signature 

http://www.australiangeographic.com.au/journal/australian-geographic-to-screen-lost-moonwalk-footage.htm
Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin with the US flag on the surface of the Moon (Neil Armstrong was not a Mason. Buzz Aldrin, however, is a 33rd degree Scottish Rite Mason, a Masonic Knight Templar, and a Shriner.).

Posted: 19 March 2011 07:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-27

So….to sum things up…..when you petition to join a lodge you are asked if you believe in God, a supreme being, a higher power, etc.  If you can say yes, then you satisfy that requirement.  Masons do not discuss religion, so going any further is not necessary.

I’m going to close this thread down unless anyone has anything further to add to the discussion.

Signature 

Dan

Posted: 19 March 2011 11:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  104
Joined  2010-01-04
Dan Madore - 19 March 2011 07:55 AM

So….to sum things up…..when you petition to join a lodge you are asked if you believe in God, a supreme being, a higher power, etc.  If you can say yes, then you satisfy that requirement.  Masons do not discuss religion, so going any further is not necessary.

I’m going to close this thread down unless anyone has anything further to add to the discussion.

We don’t talk about religion? It’s all over the Constitution. And as we know some of the framers were Masons. We’re just not suppose to talk about religion and politics “in lodge.”

Closing the thread?
*points thumb over shoulder* “He’s weirded out.”
The history channel has a show called Ancient Aliens. I think it’s on season 3.

Signature 

http://www.australiangeographic.com.au/journal/australian-geographic-to-screen-lost-moonwalk-footage.htm
Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin with the US flag on the surface of the Moon (Neil Armstrong was not a Mason. Buzz Aldrin, however, is a 33rd degree Scottish Rite Mason, a Masonic Knight Templar, and a Shriner.).

Posted: 19 March 2011 01:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-27

Jason, the purpose of this website is not to debate or discuss ancient religions involving aliens.  The purpose of this site is to inform the public about Masonry and to provide a resource for those who are interested in joining.

The original poster expressed his beliefs and asked if it would be acceptable in Freemasonry.  I believe we’ve answered that question.
I’m sure there are many sites out there where you are welcome to discuss mysterious ancient aliens and genetic modifications of the human species.  This is not one of those sites.

Signature 

Dan

Posted: 19 March 2011 01:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  772
Joined  2007-03-18

Brethren. Who can best agree here?

I do appreciate all the responses to this question, as well as the time the original poster took to ask his question. But here’s the bottom line. It’s probably not up to anyone on this forum to decide if someone’s beliefs do or do not constitute belief in a Supreme Being. Dan, as you said, the petition asks if you believe in a Supreme Being. It’s not an essay question. You answer yes, you go forward in the petition process. No, and you don’t. If a man wants to become a Mason but deep inside isn’t sure, but he writes down “yes,” the petition goes forward. If he actually believes with all his heart in God but writes “maybe”—the petition process ends. Every man has to take that questions unto himself. That’s why we don’t discuss it with a candidate before we take an application or in Lodge.

Yes, Masons can talk about their personal beliefs or their religion all they want among themselves—or with others outside the Lodge. But not under the auspices of Freemasonry.
We don’t have discussions about what religions or beliefs are acceptable at Dinner. We say thanks to God for our food and we eat.

But I will say this: if your not comfortable with different ways to describe a Supreme Being—whether it’s the Grand Architect or All Seeing Eye or even just God, your not going to be very comfortable being a Mason, because it’s everywhere in the ritual.  But that’s up to the individual. Not us.

Hope that clears things up.

And yes, I am going to close this thread.

Signature 

Bob Heruska
Past Master
Columbian Lodge
Boston, MA

Member of the York Rite, Scottish Rite, and the Mystic Shrine.

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 1.0342 seconds.