Music for Scottish Rite
Posted: 23 June 2019 05:14 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2015-11-20

Brethren,

Fraternal Greetings from India.

I am a member of the Southern Star Chapter Rose Croix No. 21 under the role of the Ancient and Accepted Rite of India (http://rosecroixindia.in/) in Bangalore.

Was thinking of playing some music during our ceremony, provided if it is allowed. Does anyone have any idea where I could get the same?

Regards,
E∴ P∴ Rinesh Hegde (18°)

Signature 

The Learner…

Member of Craft, Royal Arch Chapter, Mark Master Masons, Royal Ark Mariners (R.A.M.), Secret Monitor, Scarlet Cord, Ancient and Accepted Rite (Rose Croix), The Operatives, Athelstan, Allied Masonic Degrees (AMD), and Royal and Select Masters (RSM)

Posted: 25 June 2019 11:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4099
Joined  2007-09-27

What do you mean by playing?  Do you mean you are a musician and would perform it?  If so, what instrument?

Or….do you mean you would play a recording?

Also not sure what you mean by ceremony.  Are you talking about playing music during one of your Rose Croix degrees?  Here in the Northern Masoinc Jurisdiction of the USA, our Rose Croix degrees are accompanied by a pipe organ in some degrees, and by a choir in others. 

If you can be a bit more specific on what you are looking for, I could do some checking for you.

Signature 

Dan

1st District Membership Chairman - Boston, MA
Past Master, Columbian Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Boston, MA
Friendship Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Wilmington, MA
The Lodge of the Royal Secret - Boston, MA
32° Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Boston
Shriners International, Aleppo Temple - Wilmington, MA

Posted: 27 June 2019 07:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2015-11-20

We don’t have any instrument, so I was thinking of playing a recording (if available) during the degree work.

Signature 

The Learner…

Member of Craft, Royal Arch Chapter, Mark Master Masons, Royal Ark Mariners (R.A.M.), Secret Monitor, Scarlet Cord, Ancient and Accepted Rite (Rose Croix), The Operatives, Athelstan, Allied Masonic Degrees (AMD), and Royal and Select Masters (RSM)

Posted: 27 June 2019 08:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4099
Joined  2007-09-27

In that case, I think you might be well served to use recorded church organ liturgical music, especially traditional hymns.

Signature 

Dan

1st District Membership Chairman - Boston, MA
Past Master, Columbian Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Boston, MA
Friendship Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Wilmington, MA
The Lodge of the Royal Secret - Boston, MA
32° Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Boston
Shriners International, Aleppo Temple - Wilmington, MA

Posted: 04 July 2019 08:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2015-11-20
Dan-O - 27 June 2019 08:12 AM

In that case, I think you might be well served to use recorded church organ liturgical music, especially traditional hymns.

Thank you bro.

Signature 

The Learner…

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.2838 seconds.