Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

2 of 2
WHO IS LUCIFER ACCORDING TO FREEMASONRY?
Posted: 08 June 2019 12:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2019-04-29
Richard George - 08 June 2019 11:11 AM

You might be interested to know that a couple of years ago I had a difficult time on the anniversary of my father’s death. I was struggling and close to tears.
It was the Muslim brother who followed me out of the room and sat and talked with me until I got to grips with the emotion of my loss. He even phoned me a couple of days later to check that I was ok, and offered to talk if ever I needed it.

Why would he do that?
Because we are Freemasons and Brothers in a way you cannot possibly understand, and that fellowship and friendship transcends the differences we have a religious individuals. THAT’S part of what being a Freemason means.

Therefore Freemasonry becomes a fraternity with and aim of improving friendship and great bond of brotherly love by practicing rituals, ceremonies and use of symbols to explain and provide better understanding with the help of life experiences among the members and other allegories to convey its teachings.

But is there a guarantee of a mason having higher standards of morality after all this teachings?

Considering also after a mason has completed the three degrees, he can choose from either; Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, York Rite, or any other that exist. Do this other levels have similar teaching or there are other additional subjects to be pursued?

Posted: 08 June 2019 01:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1354
Joined  2011-11-10

Of course there can’t be a guarantee - we’re human beings with human failings. One would hope though, that we can learn.

I can’t comment on the Scottish or York Rites as they don’t exist over here. As far as the orders over though, ‘yes’, there are similar teachings, but I’m not a member of all of them so can’t comment about ‘subjects’.  You need to understand though, that Master Mason/3rd Degree is the highest there is; the others are no higher regardless of any numbers assigned to them.

Signature 

Richard
UGLE: Craft (PAGDC), Royal Arch (PProvGTreas)
Additional Orders: Mark, RAM, A&AR;, KT, KTP, ROS

Posted: 25 June 2019 09:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4099
Joined  2007-09-27
KIPTAI - 08 June 2019 12:38 PM

But is there a guarantee of a mason having higher standards of morality after all this teachings?

It is impossible to guarantee human behavior.

KIPTAI - 08 June 2019 12:38 PM

Considering also after a mason has completed the three degrees, he can choose from either; Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, York Rite, or any other that exist. Do this other levels have similar teaching or there are other additional subjects to be pursued?

Similar yes.  All of the lessons in those organizations are based on the ideals and principles set forth in the 3 degrees of Freemasonry.

Signature 

Dan

1st District Membership Chairman - Boston, MA
Past Master, Columbian Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Boston, MA
Friendship Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Wilmington, MA
The Lodge of the Royal Secret - Boston, MA
32° Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Boston
Shriners International, Aleppo Temple - Wilmington, MA

2 of 2

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.2140 seconds.