Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

2 of 2
What is the energy of the universe placed at mason disposal?
Posted: 07 June 2019 04:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2019-04-29
Lark - 07 June 2019 03:27 PM

However, the train seems to be leaving the track right when you ask, “Can I even join Freemasonry and remain a catholic Bishop?” If by that you mean a Roman Catholic prelate, then I am amazed. Any RC priest would know the official stance of that church on Freemasonry and no Catholic bishop would ask that question, so…? I mean, really? Red flags all over the field…

Who are you, really and what is it that you want?

Actually what I meant is, can I maintain my previous church status once I have joined Freemasonry?

Posted: 07 June 2019 05:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1019
Joined  2011-03-20
KIPTAI - 07 June 2019 04:03 PM

Actually what I meant is, can I maintain my previous church status once I have joined Freemasonry?

NOT a question for us, Freemasonry is not interested in how you worship the Creator just that you believe in him/her/it. Whether being a freemason affects your standing in some way is a question that can ONLY be answered by your Church itself, so you need to ask your Priest.

Signature 

Mike Martin
Click here for Mersey Lodge No.5434
Click here to chat about UK Freemasonry
Click here to view my Masonic watch fobs

Posted: 07 June 2019 10:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2019-01-23

My interpretation on why atheists are denied is traditional and mildly pragmatic.  We take oaths termed “obligations” to never reveal the secrets of masonry, and we take these oaths, generally, on the book of holy law according to our preferred faith.  The premise being that an oath on your holy book makes it more binding and personal than just your personal promise,  it adds an iota of spiritual consequence to breaking your word.  An atheist,  with nothing to bind him but his word,  only has his personal character at risk.  Those with mercenary motives would take false oaths with the intention of collating then wouldn’t have any consequence.

Signature 

“No man steps in the same river twice, for it’s not the same river… and he’s not the same man.”  ~Heraclitus

Posted: 08 June 2019 01:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1354
Joined  2011-11-10
KIPTAI - 07 June 2019 04:03 PM

That’s actually a question for the Catholic Church, not Freemasons. Why? Only they can really answer that.
The Anglican Church on the other hand ... here’s some examples ..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoffrey_Fisher - note the last line of the section ‘Archbishop of Canterbury’. The Archbishop is the symbolic head of the worldwide Anglican Church. Fisher presided at the Coronation of Elizabeth II.

And from my own Province ..

https://www.pglcambs.org.uk/index.php/revd-george-browne-1825-1843.html  - note especially his role in Supreme Grand Chapter.
https://www.pglcambs.org.uk/index.php/rev-canon-joseph-gray-1915-1932.html
https://www.pglcambs.org.uk/index.php/canon-hugh-barker-1989-1994.html

Signature 

Richard
UGLE: Craft (PAGDC), Royal Arch (PProvGTreas)
Additional Orders: Mark, RAM, A&AR;, KT, KTP, ROS

Posted: 08 June 2019 11:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2409
Joined  2011-01-20

To be clear,  we Freemasons don’t care what you call the Creator or how you worship. The catholic church does care. There is a Papal Encyclical forbidding Roman Catholics from joining our Fraternity. This is why the Knights of Columbus exist.

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°
Past Master, Ancient York Lodge, Lowell, MA.

God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Posted: 10 June 2019 02:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  591
Joined  2012-09-18

Unfortunately there is no “sarcasm font” so in place of such, include the phrase, “sarcasm font engaged” to prevent misunderstandings.
“sarcasm font disengaged”

Signature 

Past Master, Dryden Lodge #472
Secretary, Caroline Lodge #618
Hudson,Fulton,Dryden Chapter #250 OES
32* A&ASR; Coudersport Pa.
RAM Fidelity #77

Posted: 18 June 2019 11:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2019-02-12

“My question is- what is this energy of the universe placed at there disposal? And in which degree do this become applicable?”

The answers given cover most of this very thoroughly, but i’d like to add a comment:

In your church, im sure you have encountered some priests who genuinely believe, and you can feel this sort of gentle warm glow about them, as if they radiate a deeper essence about them.  And then there are a lot of priests who go through all the motions, but you never get this feeling from them… no matter what their rank

so the question “in which degree does this become applicable” is pretty much the same. 

The thing that concerns me is that you are seem to be looking for a shortcut for something you feel is there, but you havent yet grown enough to unlock.

Instead of asking “in which degree”, you should be asking questions about how to grow further…  It isnt a destination, it is a journey…

2 of 2

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.2325 seconds.