Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

Female Freemason Lodge Consecrated in Washington D.C.
Posted: 05 June 2019 02:14 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2019-01-23

http://freemasonsfordummies.blogspot.com/2019/05/female-lodge-consecrated-in-washington.html?m=1

Chartered by the HFAF (Honorable Fraternity of Ancient Freemasons)of the UK.
Granted that this isn’t the “first” OWF (Order of Women Freemasons) lodge chartered in the U.S., just the most recent.  There are others in San Francisco, Philadelphia and New York.

The question I have… is how many of us “regular” Masons are going to clutch our pearls and swoon onto the fainting couch, and how many are going to understand that it’s been a long time coming whether you wanted it or not, and while not necessarily able to confer with them since they aren’t viewed as “regular” by your Grand Lodge are willing to humbly wish them well, hope the find Light and anticipate that maybe this will help us all become better people?

I, myself, have no issue with them chartering their own lodges and wishing to adopt some of the lessons of Freemasonry. Anything that can help everyone, as Bill and Ted said, be excellent to each other.

Signature 

“No man steps in the same river twice, for it’s not the same river… and he’s not the same man.”  ~Heraclitus

Posted: 06 June 2019 03:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  478
Joined  2014-03-28

I’m hardly ‘clutching at my pearls’ but, um, so what?

Signature 

Bro. Bob
Calgary, AB

Initiated 1 March 1979
Passed 26 May 1979
Raised 18 October 1979
WM Zetland Lodge No. 83 - 2017

Posted: 06 June 2019 09:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2409
Joined  2011-01-20

I was told by a knowledgeable brother that there are at least 90 clandestine Masonic organizations in the great state of Georgia alone. What’s one more wherever it is? While I can’t have a Masonic relationship with any of them, I do wish them well. Watching a documentary they appeared in left me with the impression that they take Masonry possibly more seriously than many of us do.

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°
Past Master, Ancient York Lodge, Lowell, MA.

God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Posted: 06 June 2019 10:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2019-01-23

I’m honestly not trying to antagonize anything by posting the information.
I’ve actually had multiple conversations with brothers that:
A) Didn’t know that the lodges did, or even could, exist
B) Once being informed that they do indeed exist began a tirade of how it was a travesty… one even included literal fist-shaking skyward

My intention was to attempt at opening dialogue with Brethren of this same opinion that it’s OK that these institutions exist.  And to delineate that they are separate organizations than ours, even if the goals may by the same, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.  I support their decision and attempt to make themselves better.  And by and large what other people choose to do is none of anyone else’s business, it affects the rest of us none at all.  I say good for them!

Signature 

“No man steps in the same river twice, for it’s not the same river… and he’s not the same man.”  ~Heraclitus

Posted: 07 June 2019 12:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1354
Joined  2011-11-10
Brother John - 06 June 2019 09:26 PM

Watching a documentary they appeared in left me with the impression that they take Masonry possibly more seriously than many of us do.

We have much more experience of women’s Freemasonry over here than you do, and trust me, they do. I know quite a few locally as many of them are wives and girlfriends of our members. They use the same ritual (Emulation in many cases) as we do - and probably know it better than most of us!

Signature 

Richard
UGLE: Craft (PAGDC), Royal Arch (PProvGTreas)
Additional Orders: Mark, RAM, A&AR;, KT, KTP, ROS

Posted: 07 June 2019 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2409
Joined  2011-01-20
Richard George - 07 June 2019 12:59 AM
Brother John - 06 June 2019 09:26 PM

Watching a documentary they appeared in left me with the impression that they take Masonry possibly more seriously than many of us do.

We have much more experience of women’s Freemasonry over here than you do, and trust me, they do. I know quite a few locally as many of them are wives and girlfriends of our members. They use the same ritual (Emulation in many cases) as we do - and probably know it better than most of us!

I would be the first to admit that almost anybody would be better at Ritual than I. The Grand Lecturer actually complimented me last night on the Middle Chamber Lecture (I was filling in for the SD) but I think he was just being nice.

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°
Past Master, Ancient York Lodge, Lowell, MA.

God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Posted: 08 June 2019 01:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1354
Joined  2011-11-10

Oh, in case anyone’s interested, whilst our dress is normally dark suit or morning dress, the women’s dress is white blouse and long black dress (they use our Masonic Hall, and we occasionally have a committee meeting shortly before they have a lodge meeting so see them in the bar beforehand).

Signature 

Richard
UGLE: Craft (PAGDC), Royal Arch (PProvGTreas)
Additional Orders: Mark, RAM, A&AR;, KT, KTP, ROS

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.2462 seconds.