Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

why freemasonry highli secretive in morocco
Posted: 01 June 2019 12:39 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2019-05-29

Hey, my name is hamza im from morocco, i want to join the freemasonry here in morocco because i want to live by the values of honor and integrity and equality i want to make a commitment to my self and my brother masons to develop our potential and improve the quality of life for ourselves our families and communities but I’ve been looking for the grand lodge here in morocco for a long time i asked my brothers masons i contacts the grand lodges of many countries but i didn’t get any help or response i tired of failed attempts That’s make me thinking about many quitions   why the freemasonry is highly secretive like that here in morocco ?  Do I forget about the freemasonry or what ?  what is the last thing should i do to trying find it ?  i hope to help me, even morally
Thank you

Posted: 01 June 2019 02:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1360
Joined  2011-11-10

First, please don’t send me PMs (you sent me two) asking exactly the same question - I’m not going to tell you anything privately that I wouldn’t tell you publically.

Second; the Regular Grand Lodge of the Kingdom of Morocco doesn’t have a website -as I suspect you already know, and I don’t have any secret knowledge that will put you in touch with them. Your best bet is to contact one of the Grand Lodges (look here https://www.ugle.org.uk/about/foreign-grand-lodges) that attended the 10th anniversary ..
https://masonictimesafrica.blogspot.com/2013/11/the-regular-grand-lodge-of-kingdom-of.html

I’ve deleted some other information I originally posted as I’m no longer convinced as to its legitimacy.

Incidentally, this same question has already been asked on these forums and we are only reiterating what we all said there - that we can only give you the name of the Grand Lodge, we don’t have any contact details.

Signature 

Richard
UGLE: Craft (PAGDC), Royal Arch (PProvGTreas)
Additional Orders: Mark, RAM, A&AR;, KT, KTP, ROS

Posted: 01 June 2019 05:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1021
Joined  2011-03-20
arwam - 01 June 2019 12:39 AM

Hey, my name is hamza im from morocco, i want to join the freemasonry here in morocco because i want to live by the values of honor and integrity and equality i want to make a commitment to my self and my brother masons to develop our potential and improve the quality of life for ourselves our families and communities but I’ve been looking for the grand lodge here in morocco for a long time i asked my brothers masons i contacts the grand lodges of many countries but i didn’t get any help or response i tired of failed attempts That’s make me thinking about many quitions   why the freemasonry is highly secretive like that here in morocco ?  Do I forget about the freemasonry or what ?  what is the last thing should i do to trying find it ?  i hope to help me, even morally
Thank you

It’s not “highly secretive”, it just doesn’t have a website.

You are looking for the Regular Grand Lodge of the Kingdom of Morocco (Grande Loge Régulière du Royaume du Maroc), as it does not have a website you will need the usual tools to find organisations in your country.

Signature 

Mike Martin
Click here for Mersey Lodge No.5434
Click here to chat about UK Freemasonry
Click here to view my Masonic watch fobs

Posted: 01 June 2019 11:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2019-05-29

what are this tools ?

Posted: 01 June 2019 11:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-10

Ok, I’ve just looked at your profile and seen your picture. How old are you?

Signature 

Richard

Posted: 02 June 2019 02:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2019-05-29

Im 22

Posted: 03 June 2019 12:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-10

Ok. I was just concerned that you were only 18-ish.

The ‘tools’ Mike is talking about are phone books, Google etc. Search tools applicable to where you live. We don’t have any special/secret knowledge to find addresses etc outside our own countries - and we’d use exactly the same type of things where we live to find out the same type of information.

You might also want to follow up my suggestion .. there are a number of Grand Lodges mentioned on the blog (on the link I posted); why not google them, contact them (UGLE would be a good starting point) and say you know they attended and who you’re trying to contact. Just use common sense (it’ll also say to them that you’re using your initiative and that you’ve got some ‘ability’ about you!).

DON’T just say ‘help me join’; explain that you’ve been trying to find contact details for the Grand Secretary, but there’s no website etc. Say you saw the blog and you therefore know they must be in contact and can they assist you in making the initial contact.
Try and use decent grammar structure - full stops, capital letters in the appropriate places and so on - in other words, come across as an educated individual and not just as someone looking to capitalise on their (potential) membership. If you take care with what you type, people will pay more attention.

And be polite - it goes a long way.
(Not criticising you understand, just trying to assist you in achieving what you want).

Signature 

Richard

Posted: 03 June 2019 11:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2019-05-29

First, thank you for helping me and for your important advice, as you know Im a new member of this blog That’s why i’ve mistak to send you two PMs asking you the same quistions I thought the first one wasn’t sent to you

anyway i’ve trying to contact many grand lodges on the link you posted to me but i havn’t received any response of them not yet.

Thank you so much m.r Richard and sorry if i wasn’t polite with you or if i disturbed you.
i appreciate your help and your advice

Thank you again

Posted: 04 June 2019 12:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-10

re polite; I meant when you contact the Grand Lodges.
Best of luck.

Signature 

Richard

Posted: 04 June 2019 12:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2019-05-29

yes sir i know, but im alwys polite with all people.

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.2453 seconds.