Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

Thank You Freemasons
Posted: 12 May 2019 08:08 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2019-05-09

I am new to this board. I apologize if this belongs on a different board.  I have a few questions and a few things I would like to share. I have been doing years of research on the Freemasons. I am a women. With that being said, I absolutely agree with with the Freemasons only accepting males. I would love to join a female group but we don’t have any where I live. So anyway…
I have to say, thank you. To each and every one of you. What the Freemasons stand for, what they do for not only each other, but all.  Every time I come across a man wearing a Masonic ring, necklace, what have you, I make it a point to thank them. Freemasons are absolutely wonderful and I have not come across any other society like it. The worlds ancient history, charities, everything.
My question is this: I am a 30 year old female, with a family and a part time job. I was thinking about reaching out to a local lodge down the street from my house. I support the Freemasons and I want to know, if there is anything I can do to help. Does the order accept help? When it comes to raising money for charities or donations or anything else, is there anything I can help assist with? Being as I do not know any members myself, I am not quite sure if I am allowed too.
I would love nothing more than to lend a helping hand.  And if not, I understand. I have such a high respect for all of you. And again, I want to thank everyone who dedicates their time to this ancient order.

Posted: 12 May 2019 10:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2409
Joined  2011-01-20

I’m sure we can put you to work :)

While women can’t join a lodge, there is Eastern Star that is co-ed. You should contact the lodge secretary. He can point you in the right direction.

Thanks for your interest.

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°
Past Master, Ancient York Lodge, Lowell, MA.

God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Posted: 12 May 2019 11:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2019-05-09

Thank you for your reply :)

Posted: 12 May 2019 12:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1355
Joined  2011-11-10

To provide a full answer to your question, you will need to say where you live (which country) as there are a number of countries where female Grand Lodges do exist - although none are in the USA.

Signature 

Richard
UGLE: Craft (PAGDC), Royal Arch (PProvGTreas)
Additional Orders: Mark, RAM, A&AR;, KT, KTP, ROS

Posted: 12 May 2019 12:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2019-05-09

I live in the USA. New Jersey to be exact.

Posted: 12 May 2019 01:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2019-05-09

I forgot to add to my last message: Because I cannot join a lodge, or know anyone in a lodge, I want to help as much as I can and show my support. I will contact my local lodge and see what they say.

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.2105 seconds.