Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

My Journey Becoming a Freemason
Posted: 30 March 2019 03:51 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2009-03-30

Hi all,

I would just like to share my journey of how I became a Mason in hopes it may help someone out there. I’ve always been drawn to Masonry. I believe in G-d, I believe in the common good of all humankind, and Masonry is the exemplar organization for making “good men better.” I had officially applied and was accepted back in the fall of 2016. In 2016 I was officially entered into the Craft with Morningstar Lodge in Worcester, MA. I was actually entered at Rose of Sharon Lodge because at the time Tuesday nights were busy for me. Because of my personal lack of effort and “life happening”, and what made me feel like a failure to the Masons, I never finished progressing. I never lost my interest in Masonry but I failed to follow through. Well this past October I reached out to my Lodge and on this very site for advice on how to continue and give back to the organization that I had given up on. I had convinced myself that I wouldn’t be taken back but wanted to reach out anyway. Bob Heruska on this site kindly gave me some advice that I took to heart and reached out to my Lodge. They accepted me without hesitation, a true testament to the Brotherhood that is this organization. I was passed to the degree of Fellowcraft in October, and I had planned to be raised a Master Mason in November. I had a friend who was in dire need of help on the night of my raising and so I had to inform my Lodge and we rescheduled for January. But as fate would have it, the heat in my Lodge’s building shut off that night and we had to post pone again. So it was moved to February, and everyone had made the proper preparations and… of course… due to a miscommunication I had no idea we rescheduled for February. FINALLY… at LONG last… I was raised to the sublime degree of Master Mason on March 19th, 2019. A journey that started back in being entered into the Craft in 2016, passed to the degree of Fellowcraft in 2018, and raised to a Master Mason in 2019, I am PROUD and ECSTATIC to call myself a Mason in full right.

To all my brothers who helped me these last couple of months, officers and brothers alike, this journey really helped shaped me as a man, as someone who wishes to do right, and as an individual who can finally give back to this amazing Brotherhood.

It is NEVER too late to continue your degrees. It is NEVER a bad things to ask for help when you need it. And if ANY one out there needs a listening ear, I am more than happy to help a future candidate or Brother along the way. I wanted to share this journey so others can understand that message. This forum helped me when I was younger and it helped me reach back out to this amazing fraternity.

I will be making aliyah to Israel this year to do my military service with the IDF, and I will be happy to know I have a Lodge and Brothers to always visit when I return, and hopefully new Brothers in Israel.

Signature 

-Yehoshua

“האדם שבטנק ינצח”

Entered: 12/15/2016
Passed: 10/16/2018
Raised: 03/19/2019

Morning Star Lodge
Worcester, MA

Posted: 01 April 2019 08:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4096
Joined  2007-09-27

Congratulations!!!  I hope you continue to enjoy your journey.

Signature 

Dan

Past Master, Columbian Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Boston, MA
Friendship Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Wilmington, MA
32° Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Boston
Shriners International, Aleppo Temple - Wilmington, MA

‹‹ Time Commitment      Welcome Back!!! ››

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.2160 seconds.