Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

Maybe you can explain
Posted: 01 March 2019 01:56 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2019-02-28

I recently lost my mother and her brother; my uncle.  I’m finding a whole lot out about my grandparents by accident since. 

My “heritage” has a few surprises that stink of freemasonry.  I will explain below:

Last name Wilkinson was “chosen” or swapped into during the 1940 census on my dads side from Wilkman / Vikama (have a look at Finland’s founding “fathers” and the demise of the Russian Empire - yes THOSE Wilkman’s / Vikamas).  One of the 3 sons was birthed in England to make it easier (in my mind), to come to the US and sew his seed here - and come to the US Mr. Alfred Wilkman did. His father Karl owned THE brick factory in Finland ...

Next my mothers side.  Rodby and Bankson (of George Washington Scribe “infamy”), are dominant with a heavy dose of Viking.  My grandfather attended Antioch College in Ohio.  Rodby and literally Dr. Seuss were heavily involved in shaping me.

I’m asking this info and have been spurred on to look for it due to some really weird encounters with law enforcement of late.  Very weird encounters ... like Virgin Mary type ... help is appreciated here ... I’m in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia.

Posted: 02 March 2019 12:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2398
Joined  2011-01-20

I read your post and was tempted to simply reply with, “huh?” Where does this “stink of Freemasonry” come in?

What are you asking of us? I honestly don’t see a question.

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32┬░
Past Master, Ancient York Lodge, Lowell, MA.

God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Posted: 02 March 2019 06:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1010
Joined  2011-03-20

Hi there and welcome.

You have not asked a question about Freemasonry but posted some stuff that: a) I don’t understand, b) has nothing to do with Freemasonry, c) seems insulting to Freemasonry and finally d) seems to be some strange self-contained conspiracy about your family.

Do you actually have any questions about Freemasonry that we could look at and are you considering joining a Lodge?

Signature 

Mike Martin
Click here for Mersey Lodge No.5434
Click here to chat about UK Freemasonry
Click here to view my Masonic watch fobs

Posted: 02 March 2019 09:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2019-02-28

It’s all good. Thank you for responding.

Posted: 02 March 2019 09:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1333
Joined  2011-11-10

I’m really confused.

I’ve got no idea what you’re talking about, nor what any of this make you think - in your words, ‘stink’ of Freemasonry.  Not one thing you’ve said means anything to me - ‘us’ I’m willing to bet, and what’s worse, appears to be an insult.  If it was not intended to be such, I think you need to explain what exactly you are asking - because I for one, cannot see any relevant question in your post, and not one of those names mean anything to me.

Signature 

Richard
Craft, Royal Arch, Mark, RAM, A&AR;, KT, KTP, ROS, OSM

Posted: 04 March 2019 08:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1472
Joined  2010-11-01

UM…...Yeah.  I too fail to see any connection to Freemasonry in all of that rambling.  I was hoping for at least some resemblance of a good tale with at least a hint of some sort of Masonic reference.  But, alas, none was to be found.

Signature 

W:.Paul Hulseapple
Past Master St. Georges Lodge #6
Schenectady, NY
Feliciana Lodge #31
St. Francisville, LA

32┬░AASR Valley of Schenectady
St Georges Chapter #157 Royal Arch Masons
E:. High Priest

St. George’s Council # 74 Cryptic Masons
Giles Fonda Yates Council #22 AMD
Sr. Warden

St. George’s Commandery #37
Oriental Shrine A.A.O.N.M.S.

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.3223 seconds.