Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

New member….
Posted: 23 January 2019 09:25 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2019-01-23

Hi all…
Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum.  I’ve been perusing the topics as a guest for a while now trying to gather more information and answering some of the questions that I’ve had, to which point I greatly appreciate the creation of the forum… It definitely helps out those of use that try to distinguish fact from fiction by way of actual masons that have first-hand knowledge of the brotherhood.
I’m happy and excited to say that I’ve petitioned my nearest lodge (Eureka Lodge #16) here in Nevada.  On January 12th my petition was voted on and I was unanimously accepted into the craft and am scheduled to receive the EA degree on February 9th!
It’s an exciting time… I’ve waited many years for things to align and now that I am able I’m greatly looking forward to the coming adventures!
Again, Thank You ALL for your willingness to take time out of your lives and answer questions (to the best of your ability) and hold topical discussions regarding Freemasonry.

Signature 

“No man steps in the same river twice, for it’s not the same river… and he’s not the same man.”  ~Heraclitus

Posted: 24 January 2019 08:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2019-01-13

Congratulations MCnNV

Posted: 29 January 2019 10:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4096
Joined  2007-09-27

That is great news indeed!  Welcome!

Signature 

Dan

Past Master, Columbian Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Boston, MA
Friendship Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Wilmington, MA
32° Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Boston
Shriners International, Aleppo Temple - Wilmington, MA

Posted: 29 January 2019 07:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2019-01-23

I’m pretty excited to begin…
It’s taken years to get here with having to work the weekend shift for the past 7 years and the nearest lodge holding meetings on Saturdays.  I’m glad things have finally started falling together.  With the help of an old friend, whom until a few years ago I had no idea was a mason, I’ve finally been able to begin!
11 days left until the big day!!

Signature 

“No man steps in the same river twice, for it’s not the same river… and he’s not the same man.”  ~Heraclitus

Posted: 29 January 2019 10:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  287
Joined  2013-04-04

Congratulations, enjoy your journey.

Signature 

Bro.Ed Pickett Jr.
Past Master (2017)
La Belle Vallee Lodge No 232 F&AM;
Jersey Shore, Pa.
Initiated 1-14-13, Passed 2-11-13, Raised 3-11-13

Posted: 06 February 2019 01:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2019-02-05
williamaltonbeals - 24 January 2019 08:37 AM

Congratulations MCnNV

Posted: 11 February 2019 11:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2019-01-23

Friday February 9, 2018 I was initiated as Entered Apprentice into Nevada Lodge No. 16
  I do have to say that I was rather impressed on how the Brethren conducted the initiation, in full long form and completely by memory in (from what I’ve been told and could find out) an accurate and traditional initiation.  I can’t commend those involved more and thank them for their time and effort that I know had to go into the ceremony.  It’s very apparent how much they care and how serious they take their responsibilities! 
  Again, just wanted to publicly commend the fine men of Nevada Lodge #16, they did a fantastic job!
Looking forward to whatever comes next, but for now I’ll be working on memorization!

Signature 

Posted: 10 March 2019 10:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2019-01-23

Was just passed to FC yesterday with two other initiates…. was a good time… now on to more memorization

Signature 

Posted: 11 March 2019 10:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2407
Joined  2011-01-20
MCinNV - 10 March 2019 10:45 PM

Was just passed to FC yesterday with two other initiates…. was a good time… now on to more memorization

Congratulations, brother.

I’m filling in for the Senior Deacon in a couple of weeks for a Fellow Craft degree. Really hoping I can get that lecture down as well as I had it about six years ago :)

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°
Past Master, Ancient York Lodge, Lowell, MA.

God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Posted: 11 March 2019 04:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2019-01-23

It still boggles my mind how these guys can give these lectures solely from memory!

Signature 

Posted: 11 March 2019 09:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2407
Joined  2011-01-20
MCinNV - 11 March 2019 04:45 PM

It still boggles my mind how these guys can give these lectures solely from memory!

The guy you should buy a beer for is the Master. By the time he sits in the East, if he held each chair, he will have memorized over three hundred thousand words of ritual. When people say they can’t learn ritual I ask them how many songs can they sing along with on the radio? You can learn ritual.

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°
Past Master, Ancient York Lodge, Lowell, MA.

God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Posted: 17 March 2019 10:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2019-02-03
MCinNV - 10 March 2019 10:45 PM

Welcome Brother. I was passed on the 7th of March. Good luck in your journey! If you have questions or want to swap information private message me! Have a blessed night!

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.2317 seconds.