Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

FREEMASONRY IN KENYA
Posted: 19 December 2018 08:54 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2018-12-07

Masonry in Kenya or do i call it east Africa in general.The craft is so much a secret in Kenya.Their website has been hacked and more so no contacts in their website,only an email address which after you request for inquiries about membership nobody replies.I understand its a fraternity of secrets but its not fair because so many innocent souls are out there requesting to join and in the process many of them are conned by scammers who direct them to send money to them.

Posted: 19 December 2018 12:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1321
Joined  2011-11-10

First question; what URL did you go to - because there is a duff one and a real one.  The latter hasn’t been hacked to my knowledge and the contact page has an email contact address and a postal address.

Signature 

Richard
Craft, Royal Arch, Mark, RAM, A&AR;, KT, KTP, ROS, OSM

Posted: 21 December 2018 04:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1005
Joined  2011-03-20
martinez - 19 December 2018 08:54 AM

Masonry in Kenya or do i call it east Africa in general.The craft is so much a secret in Kenya.Their website has been hacked and more so no contacts in their website,only an email address which after you request for inquiries about membership nobody replies.I understand its a fraternity of secrets but its not fair because so many innocent souls are out there requesting to join and in the process many of them are conned by scammers who direct them to send money to them.

There are 2 District Grand Lodges operating from the UK in East Africa which cover Kenya and both of their websites are working fine.

However, you should be aware that Freemasonry is under no obligation to accept any applicant for membership and it will check that any applicant is of sufficient good character and financial standing before entertaining an application.

You will be able to find the postal address of these District Grand Lodges with ease and if you are serious about joining should send a letter telling them about yourself and explaining why you are interested in joining a Lodge. They will respond to you but not necessarily quickly as in common with Freemasons and Freemasonry around the world we are volunteers not a business.

Signature 

Mike Martin
Click here for Mersey Lodge No.5434
Click here to chat about UK Freemasonry
Click here to view my Masonic watch fobs

Posted: 28 December 2018 12:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2382
Joined  2011-01-20

Let me ask you the most important question you will be asked if you get the chance to meet with the members of a local lodge: Why do you want to become a Mason?

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°
Past Master, Ancient York Lodge, Lowell, MA.

God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Posted: 02 January 2019 08:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2018-12-07

Thanks for your response guys.There are so many reasons why one may want to join the craft but for me the most vital reason of joining is being a part of something bigger than myself.Also when you interact with the right minded men in the craft you tend to be molded into a better person than you already are.

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.2910 seconds.