Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

I feel led to freemasonry
Posted: 26 November 2018 08:46 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2018-11-24

Hello everyone,

I am new to the site. I am 23 years old and live in Utah, although that is not where I am from. I do not have family members that are, or have been masons (that I know of). Throughout a series of spiritual experiences and epiphanies, I feel led to freemasonry. My interest is totally organic, which leads me to one of my questions: is this a common theme amongst masons? Feeling organically led without knowing any masons personally or having family involved? I’m just curious. Also, are there any platforms I can go visit to casually chat with masons and maybe exchange skype or phone numbers? I have taken a tour of the local lodge in the past and went to a meetup, but have only very recently committed to attending regularly so that I can submit my petition. My first meetup in over a year and only 2nd meetup ever is on thursday the 29th. Thank you and I look forward to my journey in becoming a better man.

Posted: 27 November 2018 10:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4089
Joined  2007-09-27

Hey there.  I’m not really sure what you mean by being “organically led” to Freemasonry, so I’m not sure how to answer that part of your questions.

I would say that in general there are many reasons for joining.  Generally though, I would say these reasons are based on wanting to be a part of something greater, looking for a connection to other like-minded men, etc.

As for ways to chat with Masons, I would say you’ve found one outlet that is good for questions about joining, and occasionally we get into other topics, but the more in depth conversations are best had in person.  The best source for info about Freemasonry is from a lodge in your community.  Most men are thrilled to have the opportunity to talk about the fraternity they love if you approach them about it.

Signature 

Dan

Past Master, Columbian Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Boston, MA
Friendship Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Wilmington, MA
32° Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Boston
Shriners International, Aleppo Temple - Wilmington, MA

Posted: 28 November 2018 11:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1308
Joined  2011-11-10
Dan-O - 27 November 2018 10:30 AM

Hey there.  I’m not really sure what you mean by being “organically led” to Freemasonry, so I’m not sure how to answer that part of your questions.

I was scratching my head on that one too!

Signature 

Richard
Past Assistant Grand Director of Ceremonies (UGLE)
PProvJGW, PProvGReg, PProvAGSec (Craft)
PProvGTreas, PProvGReg, PProv1stAGSoj (Royal Arch)
Mark (PProvGIWks), Royal Ark Mariner (ProvRAMGR)
Ancient and Accepted Rite; (30°), Knights Templar (PStdB)
Knight Templar Priest (PGBB), Royal Order of Scotland
Order of Secret Monitor (AKA Brotherhood of David and Jonathan - unattached)

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.2696 seconds.