Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

Wisdom, Strength and Beauty
Posted: 21 November 2018 06:24 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2016-11-29

Hello.

I have a few questions to ask and was wondering if a Mason could give me an answer.

1) As I understand it within the Lodge the ranking of the pillars are Wisdom, Strength and then Beauty. Why is Wisdom placed above Beauty in the Masonic lodge?

2) Do Masons consider themselves the Tribe of Judah? (or at least those of the York Rite)

3) Considering the massive amount of antimasonic propaganda and distorted public opinion, do you fear that you will suffer another WWII masonic holocaust in the lead up to, what seems like, WW III?

What has been is what shall be, what has been done is what shall be done. There is nothing new under the sun.

Thank you

Kim

Posted: 22 November 2018 08:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  584
Joined  2012-09-18

Since you did not list in your profile whether you are a Freemason or nor this discussion can not take place.
Also, this site is for those looking or information about joining and is not the appropriate place for the discussion that you are looking for.

Signature 

Past Master, Dryden Lodge #472
Secretary, Caroline Lodge #618
Hudson,Fulton,Dryden Chapter #250 OES
32* A&ASR; Coudersport Pa.
RAM Fidelity #77

Posted: 22 November 2018 10:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1308
Joined  2011-11-10

He isn’t - he has stated that in another thread.

Signature 

Richard
Past Assistant Grand Director of Ceremonies (UGLE)
PProvJGW, PProvGReg, PProvAGSec (Craft)
PProvGTreas, PProvGReg, PProv1stAGSoj (Royal Arch)
Mark (PProvGIWks), Royal Ark Mariner (ProvRAMGR)
Ancient and Accepted Rite; (30°), Knights Templar (PStdB)
Knight Templar Priest (PGBB), Royal Order of Scotland
Order of Secret Monitor (AKA Brotherhood of David and Jonathan - unattached)

Posted: 22 November 2018 02:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2016-11-29

I’m sorry, but I am not a mason.

I saw a few videos made by:

https://www.youtube.com/user/OneFreemason

Where he talks about the 3 pillars in Freemasonry.

He states that the WM represents Wisdom, the SW Strenth and JW Beauty.

I assume WM outranks SW and the SW outranks the JW. Thus I asked the question.

As for the 2nd part of my question it is based on what I have read about the raising of a MM.

The third part of my question is based on what I have observed today and what I have read about in history.

My apologies if this is beyond the scope of what I may ask should I want to join.

Kim

Posted: 25 November 2018 12:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  584
Joined  2012-09-18

You may ask but most likely will not be satisfied with the responces.
Yes, the WM is a leader and the SW and JW are subordinate to him.
Beyond a superficial answer, I can not go further without violating my Obligations and without experiencing Iniation, you would not begin to understand the lesson.

Signature 

Past Master, Dryden Lodge #472
Secretary, Caroline Lodge #618
Hudson,Fulton,Dryden Chapter #250 OES
32* A&ASR; Coudersport Pa.
RAM Fidelity #77

Posted: 26 November 2018 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4089
Joined  2007-09-27

What makes you say Wisdom is placed above Beauty?  It is merely listed first, that doesn’t mean it is “above” it.

Signature 

Dan

Past Master, Columbian Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Boston, MA
Friendship Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Wilmington, MA
32° Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Boston
Shriners International, Aleppo Temple - Wilmington, MA

Posted: 28 November 2018 03:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2379
Joined  2011-01-20

We say the pillars of Wisdom, Strength and Beauty. Pillars hold up the structure. Without any one of them, the structure would fall. This makes them of equal importance. No, Wisdom is not placed above the other two pillars, it is between them, as are each of them.

As to the “Tribe of Judah”, nope. We are brothers who leave religion outside the lodge room along with politics. These are the topics that divide men.

Hmmm, propaganda and lies told about us. You make a pretty big logical leap there with the prediction of WW III. While I’m not going to wear my Masonic Ring while visiting a country where it is a crime to be a Mason, I have no fear that I will be persecuted for my membership in the Fraternity in my own country. Long before the Internet came along we learned not to feed trolls, Masons knew not to even engage with those who would ridicule us. We have paid for that in some ways but we still don’t feed the trolls. They can say what they want about us. We will let our actions speak for us. Have you seen any hospitals constructed by conspiracy theorists lately? How about funding for British Rescue Helicopters? We are the largest single group of blood donors in the world. Don’t believe everything you hear on youtube.

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°
Past Master, Ancient York Lodge, Lowell, MA.

God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Posted: 28 November 2018 04:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1308
Joined  2011-11-10

Whilst the answers do not violate the Obligation I took under the English Constitution, I can only answer you superficially. 

The attributes assigned to the pillars are actually symbolic of the 3 individuals who are represented by the WM, SW & JW - and unless you understand who they are and why they represented by those officers, any further explanation would be meaningless without going through and experiencing the degrees.  Suffice it to say therefore, that the pillars are of equal importance in spite of where in the lodge room they are situated and with which office they are associated.

Signature 

Richard
Past Assistant Grand Director of Ceremonies (UGLE)
PProvJGW, PProvGReg, PProvAGSec (Craft)
PProvGTreas, PProvGReg, PProv1stAGSoj (Royal Arch)
Mark (PProvGIWks), Royal Ark Mariner (ProvRAMGR)
Ancient and Accepted Rite; (30°), Knights Templar (PStdB)
Knight Templar Priest (PGBB), Royal Order of Scotland
Order of Secret Monitor (AKA Brotherhood of David and Jonathan - unattached)

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.2899 seconds.