Total Posts:  9
Joined  2018-05-29

Am from Zambia aged 21 , and I would like to Join freemasonry

Posted: 30 May 2018 01:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2375
Joined  2011-01-20

Why do you want to join?

I have a good friend and brother from Zambia who is in a lodge there, so it is possible.

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°
Past Master, Ancient York Lodge, Lowell, MA.

God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Posted: 30 May 2018 02:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2018-05-29

Been part of freemasonry helps one meet like minded people like himself .
Knowing that you will always have brothers that will support you and be their for in any way possible ,
Having Brothers around the world that would welcome you with love if you showed up at their Lodge .
I want to have such kind of Brothers , that will help me grow not Just into a better man and in freemasonry , but in my public life too .

Posted: 31 May 2018 03:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2018-05-29

That’s why I would really appreciate your help , on Leading me on this Journey into freemasonry

Posted: 31 May 2018 03:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  998
Joined  2011-03-20
Wanji James - 30 May 2018 09:59 AM

Am from Zambia aged 21 , and I would like to Join freemasonry

You’ve made a very poor start! A simple search would find you the website that would help you to find out if you could be accepted into a Lodge: http://www.freemasonszambia.com/

Signature 

Mike Martin
Click here for Mersey Lodge No.5434
Click here to chat about UK Freemasonry
Click here to view my Masonic watch fobs

Posted: 31 May 2018 06:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2018-05-29

Thats the first step i took , by visiting the site you’ve provided above and i clicked on the Contact Us icon , where i filled in the form to contact them .
it contained a name slot, email and Message slot.
i filled in everything but up to now i haven’t gotten a response yet and am still waiting patiently.

this is why i resorted into asking someone who’s already a mason here for assistance on Joining .
According to one of the steps to take if one wanted to join 2B1ASK1.
Thank for your assistance ,on the site given.

Posted: 31 May 2018 08:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-03-20
Wanji James - 31 May 2018 06:42 AM

Thats the first step i took , by visiting the site you’ve provided above and i clicked on the Contact Us icon , where i filled in the form to contact them .
it contained a name slot, email and Message slot.
i filled in everything but up to now i haven’t gotten a response yet and am still waiting patiently.

this is why i resorted into asking someone who’s already a mason here for assistance on Joining .
According to one of the steps to take if one wanted to join 2B1ASK1.
Thank for your assistance ,on the site given.

Sadly it is not possible to ask a Freemason in a different country about becoming a Freemason, so you’ve chosen a resource that (because it is in America) isn’t able to actually help you or assist with your enquiry.
If you have tried the contact sheet and it has failed it is time to try other avenues of communication (ie telephone or post) that you can try to use in making contact with Freemasons in Zambia. Alternatively you could write to or visit the Masonic Hall that you are hoping to attend Lodge Meetings at.

Signature 

Mike Martin

Posted: 31 May 2018 12:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2018-05-29

Yes I clearly understand now that you can’t ask a Freemason from another country or a mason from a different state or Lodge that’s not near you for the help in Joining .
Thank you Bro.Mike
I really appreciate the help.

Posted: 31 May 2018 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2018-05-29

And Freemansonry here in Zambia is so secretive .
I even doubt if we have a Masonic Hall that’s open to the public

Posted: 31 May 2018 01:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2375
Joined  2011-01-20
Wanji James - 31 May 2018 01:01 PM

And Freemansonry here in Zambia is so secretive .
I even doubt if we have a Masonic Hall that’s open to the public

That’s the case in many countries. Don’t let it deter you. Contacting the lodge nearest you is as simple as writing a letter to them. Introduce yourself and think about what you can offer to the Fraternity and your fellow man. We are not interested in men who wish to join for what they can get but are interested in those who wish to give of themselves.

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°
Past Master, Ancient York Lodge, Lowell, MA.

God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Posted: 31 May 2018 02:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2018-05-29

I clearly understand the whole thing of Contacting them .
But the hustle is , I personally have no idea where to find a lodge near me
Cause I have never come across one ,I know theirs one in my town but locating exactly where it is , is the part am finding a struggle with .

Posted: 31 May 2018 03:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-03-20
Wanji James - 31 May 2018 02:41 PM

I clearly understand the whole thing of Contacting them .
But the hustle is , I personally have no idea where to find a lodge near me
Cause I have never come across one ,I know theirs one in my town but locating exactly where it is , is the part am finding a struggle with .

The bottom line is that as you don’t know a Freemason to introduce you to his Lodge you will have to take the long route. You will need to write to one of the District Grand Lodges a nice letter explaining your situation, why you would like to be made a Freemason and telling them about what you can bring to a Lodge which may accept you..

However you need to recognise right now that there are no guarantees that a Freemason will want to become friends with you in order to find out if he would risk his reputation by proposing you to membership of his Lodge.

Signature 

Mike Martin

Posted: 31 May 2018 03:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2018-05-29

Thanks Bro.Mike
It’s clear to me now .
It all makes much sense , no one would want to risk their reputation as been known that their a mason by non members.
That’s why Freemasonry doesn’t force anyone to Join them , everyone comes at their on free will.

Posted: 01 June 2018 03:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-03-20
Wanji James - 31 May 2018 03:41 PM

Thanks Bro.Mike
It’s clear to me now .
It all makes much sense , no one would want to risk their reputation as been known that their a mason by non members.
That’s why Freemasonry doesn’t force anyone to Join them , everyone comes at their on free will.

Another tip for you is to not address Freemasons as “Brother” until such time that you are actually a member. “Brother” is a term used between Freemasons toward each other, we are not a religious order so it isn’t like a Monk who you would address as “Brother” even though you’re not a Monk.

Anyway good luck in your search and do let us know how you get on.

Signature 

Mike Martin

Posted: 01 June 2018 04:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2018-05-29

Thank you for the correction .
I will Let you know on how everything goes for me this Journey

Posted: 08 June 2018 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2016-10-06

Hello

A couple of things I can add to help you further.

Zambia is a very large country. If the lodge is not near where you live, they are not going to accept you. The reason is that when you are a Freemason, you are supposed to go regularly to the lodge. So if the place of your residence is 500 miles from the nearest lodge, they won’t be keen to bring you in because you won’t be able to participate to masonic activities.

Also, at 21, you are a bit too young. Most masons are much older. As a rule, you need to be well established in your life. Which means having a stable life, stable job to the point where you are able to sustain yourself, help your family, participate to the charity organised by the lodge, pay dues and subscriptions, pay your meal, buy regalia…

There is Freemasonry in Zambia. I don’t know how active it is. May be it would take them months to eventually respond to you. Try to investigate in your country. Go beyond the website. I am sure there must be a way to find the address of a masonic temple (phone books maybe). Then fly there and try to get hold of someone and ask questions. Online, this is a far as you go.

1 of 2

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.2964 seconds.