Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

Regalia eBay or online shops
Posted: 08 May 2018 09:28 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2016-10-06

Hello

I am after some regalia. When I checked online, there are plenty of reputable masonic shops but also eBay.

The photos look the same. I think everybody is using some stock pictures.

However, price is not the same. Masonic websites are at least P more expensive. I would pay more for quality regalia but if it’s to get the same thing I can find on eBay, it doesn’t make sense to pay more.

I would like to know if you have any experience with that.

Posted: 08 May 2018 09:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2375
Joined  2011-01-20

I’ve bought presents for my officers to thank them for their service to the lodge every year on Amazon and Ebay. I would make sure you understand the return policy and that these people are probably not brothers. I understand the need to save money but there are a few online stores owned and operated by brothers. I use masonicpins.com to get pins for all the men I raise. It doesn’t hurt that they are the least expensive pins I’ve found and the shop is run by Masons.

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°
Past Master, Ancient York Lodge, Lowell, MA.

God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Posted: 09 May 2018 01:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2016-10-06

Thank you for your recommendation.

I am going to buy from stores operated by brothers. The last few times I purchased from eBay (non-masonic items), I was disappointed.

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.1912 seconds.