Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

Other than freemasonry
Posted: 24 April 2018 01:10 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2012-10-19

Is there anyway, or any other organization to get my feet wet BEFORE becoming a Freemason? Not so much esoteric, but even more of a foundation before the 1st degree? I’ve thought about joining since I was 17, 25 now,...id like more guidance and mentorship in my life….. I want to build a future, etc… And etc lol peace

Posted: 24 April 2018 06:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  996
Joined  2011-03-20

To be honest what a wierd question!

The answer is No! Freemasonry is Freemasonry, if you want to become a Freemason you join a Lodge of Freemasons. Other than Freemasonry there are other things that are not Freemasonry :)

Signature 

Mike Martin
Click here for Mersey Lodge No.5434
Click here to chat about UK Freemasonry
Click here to view my Masonic watch fobs

Posted: 25 April 2018 07:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2373
Joined  2011-01-20

Why would you want to defer your entry into the Fraternity?  You are old enough and, I assume you are male and believe in the Supreme Being. Find a lodge near you and ask all your questions.  Believe it or not, we welcome the curious with the courage to come to us rather than getting information second hand.

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°
Past Master, Ancient York Lodge, Lowell, MA.

God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Posted: 25 April 2018 07:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  50
Joined  2015-10-21
nspenard - 24 April 2018 01:10 PM

Is there anyway, or any other organization to get my feet wet BEFORE becoming a Freemason? Not so much esoteric, but even more of a foundation before the 1st degree? I’ve thought about joining since I was 17, 25 now,...id like more guidance and mentorship in my life….. I want to build a future, etc… And etc lol peace

In case you do not want to get involved before you make sure that this is “really” what you want, you can contact a local Lodge, and ask if you can visit during an open Lodge meeting, or an informal gathering where you will get to meet with the members, ask them what you want to ask, and have a clear image.

Always ask yourself: why do you want to join? Then is it time or not?

Signature 

Bro H,
Lebanon Lodge #10,
District Grand Lodge of Syria-Lebanon,
Grand Lodge of the State of New York

Cedars Chapter #335,
Grand Chapter State of New York, Royal Arch Mason
—-
“Don’t be just a Tourist, be a Traveler!”

Posted: 26 April 2018 05:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  455
Joined  2014-03-28

Curious.

How could one get your feet wet (no pun intended) before learning to swim? OK, you can go jogging to build up your wind, because that’s useful when you swim. You could push weights, because muscle strength is needed. You could study video of Olympic swim events to see what’s going on. You could do all of that, but…

The sad reality is that the only way to experience swimming, the only way to understand it in all its wonder and depth (again, no pun intended) is to find a pool, beach or river and jump in.

Similarly, the only way to experience or understand Freemasonry is to become a Mason.

Signature 

Bro. Bob
Calgary, AB

Initiated 1 March 1979
Passed 26 May 1979
Raised 18 October 1979
WM Zetland Lodge No. 83 - 2017

Posted: 09 May 2018 12:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  377
Joined  2012-03-05

Not really, but you can socialize with the members of the lodge and get to know them before you make a decision about whether or not to ask for a petition.

Signature 

Dave

Worshipful Master, Garden City Lodge A.F. & A.M., Newtonville, MA—Entered: 4/12/01; Passed: 5/10/01; Raised: 6/14/01
Treasurer, Boston University Lodge A.F. & A.M, Boston, MA
Mount Lebanon Lodge A.F. & A.M., Boston, MA
Boston-Lafayette Lodge of Perfection, Scottish Rite Valley of Boston
Aleppo Shrine, Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine, Wilmington, MA

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.2446 seconds.