Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

HOW TO BE A FREEMASON? and I’m not from US
Posted: 16 March 2018 11:24 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2018-03-15

hello. thanks for approving me here. I really need help.

basically shit happens to my life and I sign to this, and I wanna become a freemason.

I’m not a US people, can I still be accepted? and I’m not an important guy. I’m just a lost man, who were rejected by my own family because shit happens a.k.a broken home

Posted: 16 March 2018 03:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4087
Joined  2007-09-27

Do you often use profanity in front of people you have never met?  Do you think that’s a good way to make an introduction?  Do you think using vulgar language is a good way to make an impression with an organization you want to join?

Apart from that glaring error on your part, what exactly is your reason for wanting to be a Freemason?  What exactly do you think Freemasonry is, and how do you believe that becoming a Freemason will help you with your problems?

Signature 

Dan

Past Master, Columbian Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Boston, MA
Friendship Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Wilmington, MA
32° Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Boston
Shriners International, Aleppo Temple - Wilmington, MA

Posted: 17 March 2018 02:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1301
Joined  2011-11-10

I echo Dan’s comments - and what makes you think that not being in the US makes any difference anyway? Are you aware that freemasonry exists across the globe and actually originated in the British Isles?

Signature 

Richard
Past Assistant Grand Director of Ceremonies (UGLE)
PProvJGW, PProvGReg, PProvAGSec (Craft)
PProvGTreas, PProvGReg, PProv1stAGSoj (Royal Arch)
Mark (PProvGIWks), Royal Ark Mariner (ProvRAMGR)
Ancient and Accepted Rite; (30°), Knights Templar (PStdB)
Knight Templar Priest (PGBB), Royal Order of Scotland
Order of Secret Monitor (Brotherhood of David and Jonathan - unattached)

Posted: 17 March 2018 07:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  998
Joined  2011-03-20

According to your profile you live in Indonesia, so it is going to be difficult to find a Lodge that you can join and you cannot be a Freemason without joining a Lodge. Sorry.

Signature 

Mike Martin
Click here for Mersey Lodge No.5434
Click here to chat about UK Freemasonry
Click here to view my Masonic watch fobs

Posted: 18 March 2018 11:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2018-03-15
Dan-O - 16 March 2018 03:31 PM

Do you often use profanity in front of people you have never met?  Do you think that’s a good way to make an introduction?  Do you think using vulgar language is a good way to make an impression with an organization you want to join?

Apart from that glaring error on your part, what exactly is your reason for wanting to be a Freemason?  What exactly do you think Freemasonry is, and how do you believe that becoming a Freemason will help you with your problems?

well, I think freemason organization is a freedom organization. and I’m a freedom enthusiast

someone said that I can’t join because there is no lodge around my town.. is it true?

Posted: 18 March 2018 01:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4087
Joined  2007-09-27
nonaodniMASONICLODGE - 18 March 2018 11:00 AM
Dan-O - 16 March 2018 03:31 PM

well, I think freemason organization is a freedom organization. and I’m a freedom enthusiast

someone said that I can’t join because there is no lodge around my town.. is it true?

If there is no lodge near you, how can you expect to join a lodge?  Freemasonry isn’t something you join over the internet.  It is about building relationships with people in PERSON.  We are not a “freedom organization”.  We are a fraternal organization focused on making ourselves better people.

Signature 

Dan

Past Master, Columbian Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Boston, MA
Friendship Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Wilmington, MA
32° Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Boston
Shriners International, Aleppo Temple - Wilmington, MA

Posted: 30 March 2018 03:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2016-10-06

Hello

First of all, I recommend you improve your communication skills. You don’t sound like someone I would approve in my Lodge tomorrow.

Otherwise, you can’t join a Lodge remotely or while traveling to a location. It just not possible.

You need to live for a few years in an area where there is a Lodge. Then only you can approach them and see if they suit you and you suit them. If Free Masonry is not active in your country, it means it’s not possible for you to be a Mason at the moment.

I don’t recommend joining any “online” organisation masquerading as freemasonry. They will just take your hard earned cash and won’t make you a Mason.

Posted: 12 April 2018 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2018-04-11

Indonesia , I will make some enquiries and post my results, would you be able to let me know what town you reside for me to make my search more accurate.
I expect you have learned much already about how to approach us, unfortunately slang is hardly used
Kindest regards Michael, Fellow craft mason of Merlin 1578 UK.

Posted: 16 April 2018 03:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  50
Joined  2015-10-21

First of all, I wish we have the “like” button so that I like all your comments Brethren, especially about my feeling when I saw the language in the original Post.

Anyway, whether Masonry exist in your area or not, remember that we look for Good People and work together for all of us to become even better.
You reached a big mile by confessing that you had some downs. Work hard to make them ups, and then if you will find a Lodge nearby, you can tell them your success story instead of the negative side; what do you think?

Wish you luck!

Signature 

Bro H,
Lebanon Lodge #10,
District Grand Lodge of Syria-Lebanon,
Grand Lodge of the State of New York

Cedars Chapter #335,
Grand Chapter State of New York, Royal Arch Mason
—-
“Don’t be just a Tourist, be a Traveler!”

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.2288 seconds.