RankRank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2012-06-26

Got installed as JW

Posted: 19 December 2018 03:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1321
Joined  2011-11-10

Er, you went through your second degree in March and you’re now JW?????

Signature 

Richard
Craft, Royal Arch, Mark, RAM, A&AR;, KT, KTP, ROS, OSM

Posted: 19 December 2018 06:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-26

Yes Sir

Posted: 19 December 2018 10:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-10

I have to say that this concerns me; you did I hope, join a real lodge and not something bogus, because I find it hard to believe that you can move straight to Junior Warden 9 months after becoming a Fellowcraft .. when did you become a Master Mason?  Junior Warden is quite a senior office and I would have expected you to serve in at least 3 other offices before that one.

Where did you join and what is the name of the Grand Lodge to which your lodge belongs?  Do you attend in person?

Signature 

Richard

Posted: 20 December 2018 05:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-26

Read previous posts you’ll find the date I was being raised.
If one day we meet, you will have the answer to the rest of your questions.

Posted: 21 December 2018 07:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-10

I missed the May date - but that still concerns me; 7 months to JW is worrying. I have NEVER heard of such a quick progression which is why I’m concerned that you’ve joined something bogus or fake.

Signature 

Richard

Posted: 22 December 2018 01:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  588
Joined  2012-09-18

Not really and issue, I went from new MM to Secretary the first meeting after Raising!

Signature 

Past Master, Dryden Lodge #472
Secretary, Caroline Lodge #618
Hudson,Fulton,Dryden Chapter #250 OES
32* A&ASR; Coudersport Pa.
RAM Fidelity #77

Posted: 22 December 2018 05:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-10

To secretary maybe, but MM to JW??

Signature 

Richard

Posted: 22 December 2018 02:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-09-18

JW is way easier than Secretary.

Signature 

RAM Fidelity #77

Posted: 22 December 2018 04:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-10

Are you honestly saying that it’s right to end up as WM within 2 years of being initiated? Surely not?

Signature 

Richard

Posted: 23 December 2018 06:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-09-18

I am not suggesting any such thing but it does happen in small Lodges such as the one I was raised in.
When the Secreary passed suddenly, there was a crisis that without one the Lodge can not function. I skipped over all stations directly to this important spot and managed to convert it from all hand written recording to digital including all past records.
So, going to JW within two years is not inconceivable.

Signature 

RAM Fidelity #77

Posted: 27 December 2018 11:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2382
Joined  2011-01-20

Congratulations on you advancement through the degrees.  Please let us know the name of your lodge and which Grand Lodge it is subservient to.

In most lodges, there is a considerable amount of Ritual to memorize in the JW station.  The JW is also in charge of meals and refreshments for the lodge. That’s a considerable amount of responsibility your lodge has given you and, as noted above, according to the usual progression of the officer line, you could be Worshipful Master in two years.

While I have no doubt you are being truthful with us, I would like to know more about your lodge and the most basic information is the name and GL. Every regular lodge has a book of other regular lodges around the world.  I would like to verify that your lodge is regular for the sake of future discussions. This will put to rest any questions in my and many others’ minds.

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°
Past Master, Ancient York Lodge, Lowell, MA.

God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Posted: 28 December 2018 03:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-10

Nikitak;

Brother John - 27 December 2018 11:54 PM

While I have no doubt you are being truthful with us, I would like to know more about your lodge and the most basic information is the name and GL. Every regular lodge has a book of other regular lodges around the world.  I would like to verify that your lodge is regular for the sake of future discussions. This will put to rest any questions in my and many others’ minds.

This is precisely why I asked the same question. I’m concerned that you’ve been duped into joining something bogus and possibly paid some hard-earned money to scam artists.  It’s YOU I’m concerned about. If everything is above-board, then, whilst it’s a very fast progression, fine; but it’s the speed that gives me concern at the moment.

Signature 

Richard

Posted: 28 December 2018 10:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-26

Congratulations on you advancement through the degrees.  Please let us know the name of your lodge and which Grand Lodge it is subservient to.

In most lodges, there is a considerable amount of Ritual to memorize in the JW station.  The JW is also in charge of meals and refreshments for the lodge. That’s a considerable amount of responsibility your lodge has given you and, as noted above, according to the usual progression of the officer line, you could be Worshipful Master in two years.

Thanks. No need to be worried cause I made the request to join freemasonry directly through the Grand lodge, and they forwarded my application to my mother lodge.
Please forgive me to be so much prudent but I prefer to share the answer to the rest of your questions face to face some day when we both are sure of the fact that to whome we are talking cause I was thought to be cautious.
This forum was the first contact between me and brotherhood back in 2012, so I love to mark down my progress here, if you think its unbelivable or inappropriate to do so,  although, I didn’t act against any of the forum regulations I can just stop doing it.

Thanks

Posted: 28 December 2018 11:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-26
Richard George - 28 December 2018 03:30 AM

Nikitak;

This is precisely why I asked the same question. I’m concerned that you’ve been duped into joining something bogus and possibly paid some hard-earned money to scam artists.  It’s YOU I’m concerned about. If everything is above-board, then, whilst it’s a very fast progression, fine; but it’s the speed that gives me concern at the moment.

Thanks again for your concern but thankfully it is not the case as I have joined the brotherhood directly through a very well known and recognized Grand lodge.

2 of 2

‹‹ mentor      Membership fees ››

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.3803 seconds.