Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

mentor
Posted: 30 January 2018 01:31 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2017-02-13

I am a fairly recently raised master mason and I have questions and issues which I feel unconfortable asking my brothers because I am supposed to be acting upon the square and not complain. Can I ask for a mentor on this forum?

Posted: 30 January 2018 07:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  999
Joined  2011-03-20
eapp - 30 January 2018 01:31 AM

I am a fairly recently raised master mason and I have questions and issues which I feel unconfortable asking my brothers because I am supposed to be acting upon the square and not complain. Can I ask for a mentor on this forum?

Hi there,
From the tone of your 2 posts I can’t help feeling that you haven’t paid attention to the content of the Degrees that you say you have been through.

If you do not understand what is happening in the Lodge meetings that you attend your Proposer and your Seconder are there to help you. Supporting you as you start your Masonic journey is one of the primary functions that your Proposer accepted by actually signing his name to your Petition. I know that I would be horrified if someone I had Proposed to membership then actually disregarded me and went off onto the Internet for guidance.

ALSO as you are stating that you are a Master Mason you are supposed to identify your Lodge etc in your signature file.

In the meantime the answer to your request (as last time) rests with your Proposer.

Signature 

Mike Martin
Click here for Mersey Lodge No.5434
Click here to chat about UK Freemasonry
Click here to view my Masonic watch fobs

Posted: 01 February 2018 05:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4089
Joined  2007-09-27

We’d also need to know what jurisdiction you are in.  It’s tough to advise you without knowing where you are.

Signature 

Dan

Past Master, Columbian Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Boston, MA
Friendship Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Wilmington, MA
32° Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Boston
Shriners International, Aleppo Temple - Wilmington, MA

Posted: 01 February 2018 05:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4089
Joined  2007-09-27

I see in another post you say you are in NYC.  What lodge?  I can’t imagine ANY lodge that would force a brand new candidate to learn the middle chamber lecture.  Something doesn’t add up.  Still…if you are struggling with ritual, you should also have a lodge ritualist to assist.

Signature 

Dan

Past Master, Columbian Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Boston, MA
Friendship Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Wilmington, MA
32° Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Boston
Shriners International, Aleppo Temple - Wilmington, MA

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.2244 seconds.