Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

Greetings
Posted: 21 December 2017 11:55 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  72
Joined  2017-03-07

Greetings
Are there new news about Masons in Iraq?

Posted: 21 December 2017 12:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4073
Joined  2007-09-27

We are unaware of any lodges forming in Iraq at the moment.  I think it is going to be a long time before that changes, due mostly to a complete fear and misunderstanding of what Freemasonry is in that part of the world.

Signature 

Dan

Past Master, Columbian Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Boston, MA
Friendship Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Wilmington, MA
32° Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Boston
Shriners International, Aleppo Temple - Wilmington, MA

Posted: 21 December 2017 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2017-03-07

Bad news I hope that my light will come in. Thank you brother

Posted: 22 December 2017 05:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  986
Joined  2011-03-20
Alhaidary - 21 December 2017 11:55 AM

Greetings
Are there new news about Masons in Iraq?

How on earth do you think people in America know more about what your Government is doing than you who lives in Iraq?

Signature 

Mike Martin
Click here for Mersey Lodge No.5434
Click here to chat about UK Freemasonry
Click here to view my Masonic watch fobs

Posted: 22 December 2017 06:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1286
Joined  2011-11-10

I know you have posted a number of times about joining and been told that Freemasonry in illegal in Iraq, but I also have to ask - what do you think you will get by becoming a member?

Signature 

Richard
Past Assistant Grand Director of Ceremonies, Provincial Grand Treasurer (Royal Arch)
Member of Craft, Royal Arch, Ancient & Accepted Rite, Mark, Royal Ark Mariner, Knight Templar, Knight Templar Priest, Order of Secret Monitor, Royal Order of Scotland
UGLE.

Posted: 22 December 2017 08:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2017-03-07

I understand what you say but I have great hope that I will become a Masonic some day

Posted: 22 December 2017 11:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1286
Joined  2011-11-10

But I ask again; what do you think you will get by becoming a member? - I ask because we see many similar requests from countries in your area of the world who, it turns out, have a complete misunderstanding of what Freemasonry is or is capable of.

Signature 

Richard
Past Assistant Grand Director of Ceremonies, Provincial Grand Treasurer (Royal Arch)
Member of Craft, Royal Arch, Ancient & Accepted Rite, Mark, Royal Ark Mariner, Knight Templar, Knight Templar Priest, Order of Secret Monitor, Royal Order of Scotland
UGLE.

Posted: 16 March 2018 05:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  209
Joined  2009-05-19

It’s like a blood & fire situation in the middle east.. people are worried about thier future and only have hope .. some like our friend here looks at freemasonry and sees something different.. better .. I know many many people wish to (live) freemasonry .
Iraq my friend used to have strong deep and flourished freemasonry..is was a long banning story but nowadays.. there is some hope.. I know about 1 lodge in kurdistan but can’t tell as it’s works very carefully.. many prince hall military lodges including ones from oklahoma.. maryland extra.. used to work in Iraq.. and it was encouraging as some grand lodges start thinking to reopen some of its old lodges in Iraq.. Kuwait.. now we have 3 lodges in Jordan.. so i have deep hope to see strong Arabic freemasonry again in the middle east.. yet that need my friend from me and you and millions of arab people to change our selfs first .. to think about what’s better for us and start working..and yes I believe freemasonry is a way of spreading new life new standards in our poor miserable situation in the middle east..

Signature 

The man who dosent read good books has no advantage over the man how cant read them. ( Mark Twain – American Freemason) .
أســد الأردن

‹‹ Senior Deacon Seat      Looking for a book ››

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.2758 seconds.