Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

Need help joining!
Posted: 06 December 2017 12:30 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2017-11-14

Hello everyone! Just a little bit about myself before i get to deep into this. I’m 18, I live in Texas, I’m a christian and one of my goals of becoming a Freemason is to become a Knights Templar! I need help becoming a Freemason. I studied Freemasonry all throughout high school, after doing about three years of studying I definitely want to be one. About four or five months ago I asked the only Freemason that I SORTA know, and he told me to go to the grand lodge of Texas website and get an application. Well i got the application but I couldn’t fill it out all the way. I had some questions about the residential questions and getting signatures. I never asked for help or anything like that and I’m not even sure why, I guess I was afraid or I didn’t know if I could ask for help. I never followed up with or gave him any updates either, and i’m not even sure why I did that. I feel really guilty about it also, when I asked him to join he had a big ol smile on his face and everything! I’m not sure if I can ask him again, and i’m kinda afraid i’ll get blackballed for doing all of that. I’m thinking about asking him again but I have another problem. I know becoming a Mason is a long process, but i don’t think i’ll have the time to do it. Starting in January i’ll be working M-F in the evening while also attending college. Every Freemason i’ve ever talked to always says they wish they joined when they where younger, so i’m trying to join as soon as I can! I don’t know if Freemasons get special time off to go to the lodge or anything like that. Would I be able to go up to my boss and ask him to take every first Thursday of the month off lol? On some other forums on here I saw something about a one day Masonry thing, but a lot of people where saying that it was a bad experience. I just don’t know if i’ll have the time to become a Mason. Should I just wait until I finish college? I’m sorta in a pickle here and I just really need help! Thank you everyone, God bless! :-)

Posted: 06 December 2017 06:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2351
Joined  2011-01-20

Your zeal for the Fraternity is laudable. You should ask for help from your friend and he will gladly give it. No one can become a Mason on their own.

Your time concern is a valid one. If you will not have the time to attend meetings and other activities you should wait until you do.

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°
Master, Ancient York Lodge, Lowell, MA.

God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Posted: 06 December 2017 08:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  971
Joined  2011-03-20
Boazbeonthe33rdlevel - 06 December 2017 12:30 AM

I’m a christian and one of my goals of becoming a Freemason is to become a Knights Templar!

Whoa!!! You do understand that the Masonic Knights Templar is not the same or even related to the original Poor Fellow Soldiers of Christ and the Temple of Solomon (aka Knights Templar) don’t you?

Signature 

Mike Martin
Click here for Mersey Lodge No.5434
Click here to chat about UK Freemasonry
Click here to view my Masonic watch fobs

Posted: 06 December 2017 11:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2017-11-14

“Whoa!!! You do understand that the Masonic Knights Templar is not the same or even related to the original Poor Fellow Soldiers of Christ and the Temple of Solomon (aka Knights Templar) don’t you?”

Oh no I didn’t i’m sorry. I thought that the “original” Knights Templar’s where the same as the masonic Knights Templars, either way it’s just a small goal of mine.

And I guess I can wait until I have time! The job i’m going to be working at has a lay off period and i’ll pursue it during that time, thank you guys! God bless! :)

Posted: 06 December 2017 02:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1261
Joined  2011-11-10

Not to mention that most Constitutions have a minimum age limit of 21.

Signature 

Richard
Past Provincial Junior Grand Warden, Provincial Grand Treasurer (Royal Arch)
Member of Craft, Royal Arch, Ancient & Accepted Rite, Mark, Royal Ark Mariner, Knight Templar, Knight Templar Priest, Order of Secret Monitor, Royal Order of Scotland
UGLE.

Posted: 06 December 2017 11:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2017-09-01

Hey man I recently rededicated myself to the christian faith recently and branched out of UU doctrine. If your talking about the York Path Knights Templar body I’m hoping many years from now to get into that too maybe!

Signature 

I’m not a mason, don’t ask me about freemasonry or take my posts as masonic knowing or perspective.

Posted: 07 December 2017 12:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2017-11-14

I’m not sure what you’re talking about the age limit being 21. In Texas it’s 18 I guess.

“Hey man I recently rededicated myself to the christian faith recently and branched out of UU doctrine. If your talking about the York Path Knights Templar body I’m hoping many years from now to get into that too maybe!”

Yes I’m talking about the York Knigts Templars!I would be honored to uphold the christian faith. I’m not 100% sure what UU doctrine is though. Either way, God bless you. :)

Posted: 07 December 2017 04:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2084
Joined  2008-01-21

See

http://masonicinfo.com/approaching.htm

The steps for approaching a lodge, and obtaining a petition (application) are very easy. Just check out the information on that webpage, and you are on your way to joining.

I also suggest you visit

http://www.masonsoftexas.com  for additional information.

Signature 

Charles E. Martin
Alexandria, Virginia

My blog about Masonry in Afghanistan and Iraq:
(Send me a PM)

Bowling Green Lodge #73, Bowling Green, KY (Grand Lodge of KY, F.&A.M.;)
Macedonian Lodge, Quincy Mass. (Grand Lodge of Massachusetts, F.&A.M.;)
Alexandria, VA Scottish Rite Bodies, A.A.S.R. (Southern Jurisdiction, USA)

Posted: 07 December 2017 10:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2017-11-14

That first link was very enlightening. I know what I must do now! I still have to wait though. Thank you guys so much! God bless.

Posted: 08 December 2017 10:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2017-09-01
cemab4y - 07 December 2017 04:11 PM

See

http://masonicinfo.com/approaching.htm

The steps for approaching a lodge, and obtaining a petition (application) are very easy. Just check out the information on that webpage, and you are on your way to joining.

I also suggest you visit

http://www.masonsoftexas.com  for additional information.

Yees! I’m going to be breaking off from this forum now to join this one. It’s more for casual talk while this one is for masonic questions that I cannot answer. Thank you so much for this link. Have a nice day everyone I’ll still be lurking around here though.

Most importantly my favorite deus vult memes I laughed.
http://prntscr.com/hl2j8x

Signature 

I’m not a mason, don’t ask me about freemasonry or take my posts as masonic knowing or perspective.

Posted: 13 December 2017 08:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  256
Joined  2014-06-15
Richard George - 06 December 2017 02:48 PM

Not to mention that most Constitutions have a minimum age limit of 21.

In the jurisdiction of Texas, you may join at the age of 18

Signature 

Bro. David Howard
Jr Grand Deacon - GL of Alabama F & AM
Sr. Warden - Howard E. Palmes Lodge #917, Mobile, Alabama

Posted: 13 December 2017 01:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2084
Joined  2008-01-21

Most states constitutions have a minimum of 21. Ohio has a 19 year minimum. Kentucky has the age of 18. I suggest you check with your Grand Lodge.

Signature 

Charles E. Martin
Alexandria, Virginia

My blog about Masonry in Afghanistan and Iraq:
(Send me a PM)

Bowling Green Lodge #73, Bowling Green, KY (Grand Lodge of KY, F.&A.M.;)
Macedonian Lodge, Quincy Mass. (Grand Lodge of Massachusetts, F.&A.M.;)
Alexandria, VA Scottish Rite Bodies, A.A.S.R. (Southern Jurisdiction, USA)

‹‹ Greetings Fraternally      Senior Deacon Seat ››

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.3716 seconds.