Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

Greetings Fraternally
Posted: 05 December 2017 09:57 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2017-11-15

Hello Brothers, I am Ernesto Carbo EA Hurricane Lodge 401 35th Masonic district Miami, Florida Free and accepted . I am here because It has been

a while since I have had masonry on my mind, and I have a few questions to ask and I will give you more background to me. I saw the light in 2012.

Was very ambitious at the beginning in my education, was going through my ea degree for few months, although slowly due to my lodge not really

having someone dedicated to training, or maybe It was my part to ask in lodge to be educated, But at that time as a EA I knew nothing, I was just

following was I was being taught, after a while my job started getting very demanding, stop going to lodge every week, It became biweekly then

month when I would visit, Eventually I stopped going altogether. I am still a EA to this day, I continued to work to make a living for years I didn’t

return to lodge, I started getting very depressed in my life and started abusing alcohol and drugs. Also due to the roommate I was staying with I

ending up getting into a situation with the police because of them. I hit rock bottom at that point. I had to rebuild myself, I decided to stop

everything get clean, rebuild my life from the ground. Once I knew I was strong enough I left the country and Moved to Spain, I fell in love and now

Im having a son that will be born In march.

I am very content Now and My head is in the right place. The reason I say all this is because now that I have had time to think, I have made the

biggest mistake of my life ever leaving lodge. All I wish now it to continue my masonic education, I wish to continue to learn how to be a strong

Moral man, I want to raise a man Now that I will have a son, and I believe continuing my masonic education will help me with this. Once my son is

Born I will be moving back to Miami where my lodge is. In Miami after 6 months of not reporting to lodge EA are to Petion again with Background

check from what the RW of my Lodge has Emailed me. What I ask brothers is What issues will I encounter? Will I be a EA for the rest of my masonic

career? will I be kicked out? Now that I am willing and able will the lodge or the brotherhood turn its back on me? if anyone can please Inform me

Thank you very much. Fraternally Ernesto Carbo.

Posted: 05 December 2017 04:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2351
Joined  2011-01-20

The answer to your question is only available from your lodge and the jurisdiction of Florida.

Looking at the facts of your message,  you abandoned your lodge as an Entered Apprentice, you have been involved with drugs, you have a problem with alcohol and have been in trouble with the law. We make good men better, we do not take troubled men and make them good. I think you will need to look long and hard at weather you are ready to live as a mason.

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°
Master, Ancient York Lodge, Lowell, MA.

God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Posted: 05 December 2017 04:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2017-11-15

I am 2 years Clean Now. Have turned my life around. I no longer drink or Do drugs, Its been two years. This is why I am am asking. I wouldn’t Be asking to go back to lodge if I still had trouble, Or Still have issues with anything. Im going to be a father. I have grown and matured. I know being a mason Is in my path, I wasn’t ready before But This is why I ask If I can now. if I would have an issue.

Posted: 05 December 2017 05:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  72
Joined  2013-08-19
setmg - 05 December 2017 04:08 PM

I am 2 years Clean Now. Have turned my life around. I no longer drink or Do drugs, Its been two years. This is why I am am asking. I wouldn’t Be asking to go back to lodge if I still had trouble, Or Still have issues with anything. Im going to be a father. I have grown and matured. I know being a mason Is in my path, I wasn’t ready before But This is why I ask If I can now. if I would have an issue.

It’s up to your Jurisdiction and Lodge.

In my opinion I think that if you continue to be clean, in the long term you will be fine and able to rejoin. My suggestion is to wait just 2-3 years more. If you go back to Miami, get yourself time to settle and take care of yourself. If you had problems with alcohol and drugs you need quite a long time to fully recover.

On a side note, I am very glad you were able to overcome your difficult period and I wish you well, Brother.

Signature 

Member of Grand Lodge of New York.
32º AASR Valley of Washington

Posted: 05 December 2017 05:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2017-11-15
nymaso3 - 05 December 2017 05:35 PM
setmg - 05 December 2017 04:08 PM

It’s up to your Jurisdiction and Lodge.

In my opinion I think that if you continue to be clean, in the long term you will be fine and able to rejoin. My suggestion is to wait just 2-3 years more. If you go back to Miami, get yourself time to settle and take care of yourself. If you had problems with alcohol and drugs you need quite a long time to fully recover.

On a side note, I am very glad you were able to overcome your difficult period and I wish you well, Brother.

Thank you very much, It’s been a long road but I’m here and nothing can make me go back to where I was, I was very weak. Thank you again, Once I get back to my district I will wait before contacting my lodge.

Posted: 05 December 2017 05:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  72
Joined  2013-08-19

Thank you very much, It’s been a long road but I’m here and nothing can make me go back to where I was, I was very weak. Thank you again, Once I get back to my district I will wait before contacting my lodge.

Good! Take care of yourself and focus on your future. Freemasonry will always be there and once you’ll settle with your new life, you will enjoy it better.

Signature 

Member of Grand Lodge of New York.
32º AASR Valley of Washington

Posted: 06 December 2017 08:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  971
Joined  2011-03-20

As has been intimated already, the decision will come down to your own Lodge and Grand Lodge.

I wish you luck and hope it all works out.

Signature 

Mike Martin
Click here for Mersey Lodge No.5434
Click here to chat about UK Freemasonry
Click here to view my Masonic watch fobs

Posted: 06 December 2017 12:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2017-11-15
Mike Martin - 06 December 2017 08:58 AM

As has been intimated already, the decision will come down to your own Lodge and Grand Lodge.

I wish you luck and hope it all works out.

Thanks I hope so, those years were rough hopefully they understand I was going through a lot.

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.3598 seconds.