2 of 2
Satanism in Freemasonry
Posted: 04 December 2017 05:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  72
Joined  2013-08-19
BrotherGene - 04 December 2017 05:49 PM

“Clearly you do not know what Satanism is.”
And how did you come to this misunderstanding whereby you think you are privy to what I know and what I do not know?

From what you wrote so far.

Signature 

Member of Grand Lodge of New York.
32º AASR Valley of Washington

Posted: 04 December 2017 05:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2014-04-04

Riiiiiight. Got it.

Signature 

:coolsmile:

Posted: 04 December 2017 06:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  971
Joined  2011-03-20
nymaso3 - 04 December 2017 05:19 PM

All Masons are required to have a belief in a Supreme Being, i.e. God.

I don’t have a dog in this fight but surely a “Satanist” must believe in god! Just a thought.

Signature 

Mike Martin
Click here for Mersey Lodge No.5434
Click here to chat about UK Freemasonry
Click here to view my Masonic watch fobs

Posted: 05 December 2017 12:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2017-09-01

Honestly masons believe in a “Supreme being” I think? Supreme by definition is being better then everyone and anything. If people believed and worshipped a literal Satan as there primary deity they should believe in the bible right? As well they should also believe in the biblical God. The bible states that Satan is inferior and bound to be defeated and lose. Therefor Satan is not supreme because the other Deity being God is far more superior according to the bible. I think maybe masons should disqualify satanists due to this?

The only thing close to a satanic bible is some anthony’s dudes satanic bible through the church of Satan. His philosophy opposes the belief of a literal satan let alone God. Any sort of belief of would disqualify someone from the church of satan. Making this book not a valid one to use I would think?

Signature 

I’m not a mason, don’t ask me about freemasonry or take my posts as masonic knowing or perspective.

Posted: 05 December 2017 12:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2017-09-01

Also the biblical Satan is described as someone wanting to kill, steal, and destroy.

If the individual takes in Satans principles and worship him in a dedicated fashion he would be embracing these things that Satan loves doing and promoting (according to the bible).

Making him of bad character.

Edit: I would like to state that this verse is about what a thief comes to do, just did a google refreshment.

My point is still valid because the literal Satan in the bible is described as someone of bad character, evil, and well hated.

Satan being well hated among the Jews and further on in the medieval ages by the gentiles and pretty much most of Europe at that time. How many people would claim to be Christians in this world, millions? Possibly billions? How many people that worship the literal Satan are there. A very slim minority so the more well endorsed belief system and it’s people would automatically not approve/dislike the satanist making him of bad rep by that alone.

The satan described in the bible in which satanists should believe in is described again and again of someone that is of bad character.

Signature 

I’m not a mason, don’t ask me about freemasonry or take my posts as masonic knowing or perspective.

Posted: 05 December 2017 11:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2014-04-04

“Satan being well hated among the Jews”
Actually, your “Satan” is a Christian invention, not associated with Judaism.

Signature 

:coolsmile:

Posted: 05 December 2017 01:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2017-09-01
BrotherGene - 05 December 2017 11:00 AM

“Satan being well hated among the Jews”
Actually, your “Satan” is a Christian invention, not associated with Judaism.

Would the idea of Satan even be present without the Jews “inventing” it. The old testament was written by jews and satan was “invented” and emphasized by Jews not christians. Yes some people believed some Christians did bad things back then but even then there were a few good ones. King Baldwin IV of Jerusalem was one of them. In genises of the bible satan was “invented” and portrayed as being defeated by God which validates him not being supreme.

Signature 

Posted: 13 December 2017 09:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  256
Joined  2014-06-15
Michaeluk - 04 December 2017 09:50 AM

Good afternoon Brethren,

...I would be interested to hear peoples opinions on whether followers of satanism would qualify as Freemasons?...

That would depend on what you are referring to as “satanism”. If you mean those who follow the teachings of the Church of Satan (Anton LaVey), then no. They cannot be Freemasons. Why? Because they are self described atheists, and atheists cannot be Freemasons (at least in mainstream and Prince Hall freemasonry). They do not believe in a higher power other than themselves. And I quote from their website:

“Satanists are atheists. We see the universe as being indifferent to us, and so all morals and values are subjective human constructions. Our position is to be self-centered, with ourselves being the most important person (the “God”) of our subjective universe, so we are sometimes said to worship ourselves. Our current High Priest Gilmore calls this the step moving from being an atheist to being an “I-Theist.” Satan to us is a symbol of pride, liberty and individualism, and it serves as an external metaphorical projection of our highest personal potential. We do not believe in Satan as a being or person.”

Even if you are referring to Luciferian Satanism then it is not clear whether or not they believe in anything higher themselves (no higher power). Because their “religion” is so individualized that it leaves it up to the individual whether or not they even believe in a spiritual side to existence, and even if they do believe in Spirits (other worldly beings such as may be referred to as demons/angels and/or deities) they also believe that these “spirits” have no direct influence or relation to their lives.

So personally, I would say that no a Satanist cannot and should not be a part of Freemasonry as they cannot attest to the belief in a Higher Power that they are accountable to.

Signature 

Bro. David Howard
Jr Grand Deacon - GL of Alabama F & AM
Sr. Warden - Howard E. Palmes Lodge #917, Mobile, Alabama

2 of 2

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.7248 seconds.