Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

George Washington Quote
Posted: 27 November 2017 07:39 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2016-08-18

There’s a meme circulating the internet of a quote that’s being attributed to George Washington. The quote states, roughly, that all freemasonry should be disbanded because it has been infiltrated by the illuminati and they have bad intentions.

Anyone have any idea of the proposed origin of this quote? Seems like fiction to me which is usually the case when there’s no reference material for the quote.

Posted: 27 November 2017 09:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2351
Joined  2011-01-20

Brother Washington was a dedicated Freemason who firmly believed in the principals of our order. He would not be likely to call for dibanding the Fraternity that he loved especially when the Illuminati were disbanded in 1776.

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°
Master, Ancient York Lodge, Lowell, MA.

God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Posted: 28 November 2017 09:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  971
Joined  2011-03-20
reachingforlight - 27 November 2017 07:39 PM

Anyone have any idea of the proposed origin of this quote? Seems like fiction to me which is usually the case when there’s no reference material for the quote.

The usual misinterpretation of what actually happened the meme will have its basis in the correspondence between George Washington and the Rev. GW Snyder in 1798 about the book “Proofs of a Conspiracy” written by John Robison. The book is the basis of most conspiracy theory about the Illuminati.

You can read the transcriptions of the letter and GW’s reply on this page: https://founders.archives.gov/documents/Washington/06-02-02-0435

Signature 

Mike Martin
Click here for Mersey Lodge No.5434
Click here to chat about UK Freemasonry
Click here to view my Masonic watch fobs

Posted: 28 November 2017 04:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2016-08-18

Thank you!

Posted: 29 November 2017 06:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2017-11-26

There’s a meme circulating the internet of a quote that’s being attributed to George Washington. The quote states, roughly, that all freemasonry should be disbanded because it has been infiltrated by the illuminati and they have bad intentions.

Probably hoax, although I cannot know if you cannot provide exact quote.

Anyways…

Here is excerpt from Washingtons letter to Reverend G. W. Snyder

It was not my intention to doubt that, the Doctrines of the Iluminati, and principles of Jacobinism had not spread in the United States. On the contrary, no one is more fully satisfied of this fact than I am.
“The idea I meant to convey, was, that I did not believe that the Lodges of Free Masons in this Country had, as Societies, endeavoured to propagate the diabolical tenets of the first, or the pernicious principles of the latter (if they are susceptible of seperation). That Individuals of them may have done it, and that the founder, or instrument employed to found, the Democratic Societies in the United States, may have had these objects—and actually had a seperation of the People from their Government in view, is too evident to be questioned.

[EDIT] Oh, this was already answered…sorry for double content. Cannot find a way to delete my post.
[EDIT 2] Let me contribute at least something new to this thread. Check out this Gutenberg page, it has tremendous amount of information about Washington and Masons.

Posted: 02 December 2017 10:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2017-09-01

I wouldn’t try to get accurate information from memes lol. Uh yea about the illuminati I’ve dug into that realm and I don’t see any solid evidence that it exists. I believe they don’t exist but a lot do. The whole illuminati concept was a tinfoil conspiracy like a previous mason posted off of a book. This conspiracy was always around but unfortunately spread rapidly and became well known after the movies the divinci code and angels & demons which are fictional movies and just that.

From my studies on things I found that there is a mix of beliefs between groups, videos, and people that often contradict themselves which is a sign of no unified agenda which debunks the new world order conspiracy if all parties, video’s, and people that claim to be or know illuminati don’t cohere and cooperate with each other.

One fundamental truth that is consistant within all illuminati flaggers and people that believe in illuminati is that they all share this weird idea of new world order. Which is most likely unobtainable sense all humans have a moral sense and free will. Every human being is driven by self will and an individual agenda which make it almost impossible to get every single person in the ultrarich to unify and control everything. Sure maybe pockets of elite and powerful groups influencing the world but not every single powerful person on the planet working as a unified front it’s sociologically impossible!

People who claim to be or know about illuminati share a mix of contradicting ideas some more contradicting then others such as this main one.

They worship satan or endorse luciferianism. Which is more taken from the church of Satans philosophy. I’m not a big fan of the church of satan because they attack religion and oppose to the idea of God, or as the masons refer to him as the supreme being. However on there website in there Q&A they say they are in no way shape or form part of illuminati or freemasonry. It even aknowledges on there site in that section that there is no illuminati and they died off a long time ago.

Even a question on that portion where it says “Are freemasons satanists” the response was a flat no.

Can’t comment on anything in the realm of freemasonry though.

By the way sorry if the topic of the illuminati was discussed on my behalf I just felt like it was okay to talk on the topic. I’m guessing masons aren’t allowed to discuss those things on here regarding other organizations outside of freemasonry including the fictional illuminati?

Signature 

I’m not a mason, don’t ask me about freemasonry or take my posts as masonic knowing or perspective.

Posted: 02 December 2017 02:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  445
Joined  2014-03-28

Freemasons are quite free to discuss the Illuminati or whatever, which is to say that there is no formal ban against such discussions. (There is a rule that none of us speak officially for Masonry, but that’s another issue.) This site is full of such comments and discussions.

Given that the Illuminati no longer exist, it’s possible that some men might belong to two or more groups like Freemasonry, the Elks, Oddfellows, Rotary, etc. From such individuals, you might get some insight. For the rest of us, there being no formal or even informal link between the different groups, we have little more solid knowledge about the others than you do, info and impressions pulled from books, discussions and other research.

As you will note, Masons have commented on this history of the Bavarian Illuminati, some early co-memberships and its long-ago demise. Masons have said that it’s dead. There’s really not much more that can be said.

Signature 

Bro. Bob
Calgary, AB

Initiated 1 March 1979
Passed 26 May 1979
Raised 18 October 1979
WM Zetland Lodge No. 83 - 2017

Posted: 03 December 2017 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2017-09-01
Lark - 02 December 2017 02:30 PM

Freemasons are quite free to discuss the Illuminati or whatever, which is to say that there is no formal ban against such discussions. (There is a rule that none of us speak officially for Masonry, but that’s another issue.) This site is full of such comments and discussions.

Given that the Illuminati no longer exist, it’s possible that some men might belong to two or more groups like Freemasonry, the Elks, Oddfellows, Rotary, etc. From such individuals, you might get some insight. For the rest of us, there being no formal or even informal link between the different groups, we have little more solid knowledge about the others than you do, info and impressions pulled from books, discussions and other research.

As you will note, Masons have commented on this history of the Bavarian Illuminati, some early co-memberships and its long-ago demise. Masons have said that it’s dead. There’s really not much more that can be said.

That’s really how everyone should view it tbh. Its a dead organization and nothing more can be said.

Signature 

I’m not a mason, don’t ask me about freemasonry or take my posts as masonic knowing or perspective.

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.5265 seconds.