Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

Lou Pizzaro off Operation Repo TV show wearing Freemason hat?
Posted: 09 October 2017 04:38 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2017-09-01

I recall seeing a long time ago seeing in one episode that character in the TV series Lou Pizzaro wearing a Freemason hat, you know with the symbol. Honestly I’m not trying to be like Hanzo or anything just curious. Was trying to dig up the episode but could not find it. My point is the TV show has a cuss word every second, sometimes physical altercations, all that. I never liked the show it was just on at home when I was younger and still living there.

I’m just going to take a guess that he bought the hat without being a mason?

It was a a basic trucker hat, blueish, with the gold symbol on the front.

Signature 

I’m not a mason, don’t ask me about freemasonry or take my posts as masonic knowing or perspective.

Posted: 09 October 2017 09:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2013-03-20
Athena - 09 October 2017 04:38 AM

I recall seeing a long time ago seeing in one episode that character in the TV series Lou Pizzaro wearing a Freemason hat, you know with the symbol. Honestly I’m not trying to be like Hanzo or anything just curious. Was trying to dig up the episode but could not find it. My point is the TV show has a cuss word every second, sometimes physical altercations, all that. I never liked the show it was just on at home when I was younger and still living there.

Anyone can buy a hat, as you point out. Writers who want to put a bit of mystery into their story sometimes use our symbols. Most of us just find it amusing.

Signature 

John Ruggiero
Master, Ancient York Lodge AF&AM;, Lowell, MA, USA

“God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much.” - Mother Teresa

Posted: 09 October 2017 02:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2017-09-01
BrotherJohn - 09 October 2017 09:53 AM
Athena - 09 October 2017 04:38 AM

Anyone can buy a hat, as you point out. Writers who want to put a bit of mystery into their story sometimes use our symbols. Most of us just find it amusing.

Well said.

Signature 

I’m not a mason, don’t ask me about freemasonry or take my posts as masonic knowing or perspective.

Posted: 11 October 2017 09:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2017-09-25

Athena I saw a show called Gravity Falls on the Disney network where I guy called Stan uses the Shriners hat and there is other symbolism and mysticism in that show I don’t think the show is specifically masonic although It could be sending a message to to some.

Posted: 11 October 2017 10:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2017-09-01
MattC - 11 October 2017 09:24 PM

Athena I saw a show called Gravity Falls on the Disney network where I guy called Stan uses the Shriners hat and there is other symbolism and mysticism in that show I don’t think the show is specifically masonic although It could be sending a message to to some.

I just looked at a few clips but I find it really unproductive to dig in and research them. It’s better just to read articles that are made by masons for the public and from official websites that have masonic FAQ. However I don’t think it would be okay to try to dig in to “secrets” of freemasonry not that it’s dangerous I just find it disrespectful.

You know I mean there was an episode of spongebob where a few of the characters had shriner styled hats with the eye on them. I just find it really pointless to try to find a motive or message behind them.

Signature 

Posted: 12 October 2017 05:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2013-03-20
Athena - 11 October 2017 10:10 PM

I just looked at a few clips but I find it really unproductive to dig in and research them. It’s better just to read articles that are made by masons for the public and from official websites that have masonic FAQ. However I don’t think it would be okay to try to dig in to “secrets” of freemasonry not that it’s dangerous I just find it disrespectful.

You know I mean there was an episode of spongebob where a few of the characters had shriner styled hats with the eye on them. I just find it really pointless to try to find a motive or message behind them.

The “Shriner’s hat” is called a Fez and is named after the city in the middle east where it originated. Men wore fezzes for hundreds of years before the Shriners adopted it.

Signature 

John Ruggiero
Master, Ancient York Lodge AF&AM;, Lowell, MA, USA

“God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much.” - Mother Teresa

Posted: 12 October 2017 02:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2017-09-01
BrotherJohn - 12 October 2017 05:50 AM
Athena - 11 October 2017 10:10 PM

The “Shriner’s hat” is called a Fez and is named after the city in the middle east where it originated. Men wore fezzes for hundreds of years before the Shriners adopted it.

Signature 

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.5966 seconds.