Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

Masonic Internet and dimensions
Posted: 03 October 2017 11:38 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2017-09-25

Greetings I had a friend who used to think he was a self acting mason we no longer associate with him because all the things he was feeding me as information caused me to have a mental breakdown eventually. He also suggested i go off my medications. The problem is I’m still wondering about some of the stuff he told me about that didn’t cause any turmoil. He mentioned there is such a thing as the “masonic internet”

he didn’t go into specific detail about it but mentioned that masons have their own internet, he also mentioned “masonic preportions” regarding food at an event run by the Knights of Columbus. This guy claimed to be a mason but technically fed me a bunch of information that contributed to mental illness. He also mentioned there are different dimensions. I am aware the fourth dimension is time. Other then that this guy claims to have seared the seventh dimension. he also claimed to have a document known as the introduction to a new world order from the 1970’s that came off of a computer. Needless to say this guy believed a conspiracy theory or 110 of them.

Just wanted confirmation on what the dimensions are how many they are and if there is such a thing as masonic internet. This person was working on their own had no affiliated lodge however they had me confused about masonry for a while to the extent that I though masons were doing damage to the world. Which from what I can see it doesn’t appear to be that way. This individual I’m speaking of suffers from bipolar disorder and has been brought before a Mormon court to face charges in the church for other things he had to be not excommunicated but unable to attend fellowship for quite some time regarding other conduct elsewhere. I find this individual to be rather destructive mostly to himself because until I gained the strength to eliminate him from my friends circle I have seen him lose friends and spiral downwards quite a bit

Posted: 04 October 2017 04:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  964
Joined  2011-03-20

Hello again Matt,

I feel sorry for you having met someone who was, based on the tiny bit of information you’ve shared, an absolute nut-job but they are out there and the Internet seems to be a particular breeding ground for them.

I am happy to confirm that he was nothing to do with Freemasonry as you cannot be a “self-made Freemason”. To become a Freemason you must be Initiated and that can ONLY happen (in the real world) within a Lodge which is a group of Freemasons.

No there is no such thing as a Masonic Internet! We use THE Internet the same as everyone else does.

No Freemasonry has absolutely nothing to do with “different” dimensions other than the ones used in the builders’ trade.

Basically you are asking us whether the ramblings of a mentally unwell person are true and the answer is no!

Signature 

Mike Martin
Click here for Mersey Lodge No.5434
Click here to chat about UK Freemasonry
Click here to view my Masonic watch fobs

Posted: 04 October 2017 07:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2013-03-20

Brother Martin covered it very well.

There is a concept called “Occam’s Razor” which tells us the simpler explanation is usually the correct one. Which is more likely: We are a maniacal group of wealthy madnen who have been trying to take over the world for the past 300 years or we are a fraternity of good men. Sure, it’s fun to believe these conspiracy theories but the reality is what makes coming to lodge such a pleasure. Seeing the men who are your brothers, enjoying their company, celebrating their success and sharing their pain is what friends and brothers do. That’s quite enough for me in this day and age.

Signature 

John Ruggiero
Master, Ancient York Lodge AF&AM;, Lowell, MA, USA

“God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much.” - Mother Teresa

Posted: 11 October 2017 05:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2017-09-01

Hello Matt first I would like to address that I am not a mason in any way.

I think I saw on one of the comments on this forum they call them cowans? Just google it I guess since links are not allowed.

It makes me very sad to see victims of mental illness especially as a result from another person. As well it makes me very sad to see people like that taint and make a bad/false representation of the craft.

I’m going to send you a PM on something I wrote on how to overcome mental illness as well a song that helped me get through it all.

None if it is masonic and nothing I post on the forums should be taken as truth because I’ve never been in the craft.

Hope you feel better :(.

Posted: 12 October 2017 11:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2017-09-25

Athena fascinating stuff I just did research on the words cowan, and eavesdropper. I would agree that those types of people don’t deserve the ranks of freemasonry. I’m not a mason by any means have considered joining the craft sometimes but have known good men to be masons throughout my life.

Posted: 12 October 2017 11:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2013-03-20

I’m amazed you found anything about cowans.  The word has fallen out of use for many years. It originally meant someone who builds without mortar, like the rock walls we see throughout New England. We use the term to say a person pretending to be a Mason, not for folks like you.

Signature 

John Ruggiero
Master, Ancient York Lodge AF&AM;, Lowell, MA, USA

“God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much.” - Mother Teresa

Posted: 30 October 2017 08:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  105
Joined  2014-08-22
Mike Martin - 04 October 2017 04:16 AM

Hello again Matt,

I feel sorry for you having met someone who was, based on the tiny bit of information you’ve shared, an absolute nut-job but they are out there and the Internet seems to be a particular breeding ground for them.

I am happy to confirm that he was nothing to do with Freemasonry as you cannot be a “self-made Freemason”. To become a Freemason you must be Initiated and that can ONLY happen (in the real world) within a Lodge which is a group of Freemasons.

No there is no such thing as a Masonic Internet! We use THE Internet the same as everyone else does.

No Freemasonry has absolutely nothing to do with “different” dimensions other than the ones used in the builders’ trade.

Basically you are asking us whether the ramblings of a mentally unwell person are true and the answer is no!

Well said!

Signature 

St. Matthews Lodge 906, Louisville,Kentucky.
Suburban Lodge 740, Louisville,Kentucky
AASR, Orient of Kentucky, Valley of Louisville
Knights of St. Andrew, Orient of Kentucky, Valley of Louisville
King Solomon Chapter # 5, Royal Arch Masons
Louisville Council # 4, Royal and Select Masters
Louisville-DeMolay Commandery #12, Knights Templar

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.4582 seconds.