Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

Edit Question on learning disability and freemasonry
Posted: 21 September 2017 03:56 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2017-09-20

Greetings, Edit:This individual has studied masonry and has a good foundation of the craft, his currently trying to petition with a learning disability that may effect memory he was not intending to hide his disability,is there any worries he should be concerned about when petitioning is he wasting his and the lodges time???

Posted: 21 September 2017 05:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2011-03-20
travelinglight - 21 September 2017 03:56 PM

Greetings to all,I would like to know if a person is petitioning and has a actual learning disability that effects memory and if he is ashamed of his disability should he worry about revealing his limitations to the lodge in fear of possible rejection this person actually has studied masonry and has a good foundation of what it is and masonry is like his pass time, what advice could you give him if any????

No prospective Candidate should hide any aspect of themselves in order to get into a Lodge. What it is is irelevant!

One of the three tenets (principles) of Freemasonry Is truth aka honesty!

Signature 

Mike Martin
Click here for Mersey Lodge No.5434
Click here to chat about UK Freemasonry
Click here to view my Masonic watch fobs

Posted: 21 September 2017 05:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2017-09-20

Thank you, I should of rephrase the question what I meant to ask in other words sense the person is self conscious about his disability and was not intending to hide his disability,is there any worries he should be concerned about when petitioning sorry for any misunderstanding on my part..

Posted: 21 September 2017 09:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2013-03-20

A learning disability that effects memory would be something of concern in many jurisdictions. Hiding it would cause you and the lodge to waste time and effort needlessly.

Signature 

John Ruggiero
Master, Ancient York Lodge AF&AM;, Lowell, MA, USA

“God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much.” - Mother Teresa

Posted: 21 September 2017 10:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2017-09-20
BrotherJohn - 21 September 2017 09:21 PM

A learning disability that effects memory would be something of concern in many jurisdictions. Hiding it would cause you and the lodge to waste time and effort needlessly.

thank you for you’re response

Posted: 22 September 2017 03:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2011-03-20
travelinglight - 21 September 2017 05:51 PM

Thank you, I should of rephrase the question what I meant to ask in other words sense the person is self conscious about his disability and was not intending to hide his disability,is there any worries he should be concerned about when petitioning sorry for any misunderstanding on my part..

I know you’re looking at this from a particular perspective but my point remains unchanged.

Every single one of us when we approached our respective Lodges faced the very real prospect of being told no and that is as it should be. Life is not about only trying things that we will succeed at, we all have to “dare to win” to grow as a person.

Signature 

Mike Martin
Click here for Mersey Lodge No.5434
Click here to chat about UK Freemasonry
Click here to view my Masonic watch fobs

Posted: 22 September 2017 08:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2017-09-20
Mike Martin - 22 September 2017 03:41 AM
travelinglight - 21 September 2017 05:51 PM

I know you’re looking at this from a particular perspective but my point remains unchanged.

Every single one of us when we approached our respective Lodges faced the very real prospect of being told no and that is as it should be. Life is not about only trying things that we will succeed at, we all have to “dare to win” to grow as a person.

thank you, very encouraging what is meant to be will be reached regardless thank you very much for the insight…

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.2741 seconds.