Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

Joining The Craft in Indonesia
Posted: 28 June 2017 10:01 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-11-11

Hello readers.

I know I started an existing topic in this site.
But, as it was written 6-7 years ago, I wondered if the condition is still the same as today.

I’ve searched through Internet and I could not found any information or guidance for joining the craft in Indonesia. Additionally, I’ve had visited the Lodge in Singapore, but I still have no idea how to join.

If anyone knows about what should I do, or if anyone know about any existing lodge in Indonesia, please join the talk here.

Posted: 28 June 2017 08:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2338
Joined  2011-01-20

You’re probably aware that this site is operated by the Grand Lodge of Massachusetts in the USA and we do not have any contacts or influence over any other jurisdiction. There haven’t been any lodges in Indonesia since Freemasonry was outlawed by Sukarno in 1961.

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°
Master, Ancient York Lodge, Lowell, MA.

God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Posted: 29 June 2017 02:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  373
Joined  2012-03-05

Freemasonry has been banned by the Indonesian government for over 50 years. I’m sorry but we can’t help you.

Signature 

Dave

Worshipful Master, Garden City Lodge A.F. & A.M., Newtonville, MA—Entered: 4/12/01; Passed: 5/10/01; Raised: 6/14/01
Treasurer, Boston University Lodge A.F. & A.M, Boston, MA
Mount Lebanon Lodge A.F. & A.M., Boston, MA
Boston-Lafayette Lodge of Perfection, Scottish Rite Valley of Boston
Aleppo Shrine, Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine, Wilmington, MA

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.3782 seconds.