1 of 2
Hello All
Posted: 08 June 2017 04:55 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2017-05-15

Greetings,

I just wanted to say my hellos. I was just made an Entered Apprentice and I’m looking forward to the rest of my journey to Master Mason. I moved to the Midwest from back East (US) for work and decided it was time to begin my journey to Masonry. Since I knew no one here, I found my new state’s Grand Lodge site, emailed that I wanted to be a Mason, met with Mason who gave me a tour of the lodge near my job, was given a petition, filled it out and signed it, met with investigative committee, waited to be voted on, was approved, given date for EA ritual, showed up, and became an EA. I am now working with the same Mason who brought me in for further instruction until I’m ready for 2nd degree. I am very excited to continue on this journey!

When everything is completed (i.e. when I become a MM), I will gladly put my Lodge’s details and the dates of my initiation, passing and raising. Right now, I want to keep that private until I’m done. I know I’m technically a Mason, but I also know I’m not a full one until I get that 3rd. But I did want to share my excitement in my journey to learning the Craft.

I also travel a lot, so being a MM will truly enhance my travelling…I know (from this site) that there is protocol involved, and I intend to follow that prior to my travels.

Signature 

Petitioned: April 6, 2017
Initiated: June 5, 2017
Passed: July 24, 2017
Raised: November 13, 2017
Hiram Lodge #50 F&AM;, Madison WI

Posted: 08 June 2017 10:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2013-03-20
AlwaysLearning - 08 June 2017 04:55 PM

Greetings,

I just wanted to say my hellos. I was just made an Entered Apprentice and I’m looking forward to the rest of my journey to Master Mason. I moved to the Midwest from back East (US) for work and decided it was time to begin my journey to Masonry. Since I knew no one here, I found my new state’s Grand Lodge site, emailed that I wanted to be a Mason, met with Mason who gave me a tour of the lodge near my job, was given a petition, filled it out and signed it, met with investigative committee, waited to be voted on, was approved, given date for EA ritual, showed up, and became an EA. I am now working with the same Mason who brought me in for further instruction until I’m ready for 2nd degree. I am very excited to continue on this journey!

When everything is completed (i.e. when I become a MM), I will gladly put my Lodge’s details and the dates of my initiation, passing and raising. Right now, I want to keep that private until I’m done. I know I’m technically a Mason, but I also know I’m not a full one until I get that 3rd. But I did want to share my excitement in my journey to learning the Craft.

I also travel a lot, so being a MM will truly enhance my travelling…I know (from this site) that there is protocol involved, and I intend to follow that prior to my travels.

Welcome brother. I love reading posts like yours. Even now as I start my third year as Master of my lodge, I remember the first time I was called “brother”. Enjoy the journey.

Signature 

John Ruggiero
Master, Ancient York Lodge AF&AM;, Lowell, MA, USA

“God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much.” - Mother Teresa

Posted: 11 June 2017 02:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2017-05-15

Welcome brother. I love reading posts like yours. Even now as I start my third year as Master of my lodge, I remember the first time I was called “brother”. Enjoy the journey.

Thank you, brother/MWM. I had first heard the call to the Craft many years ago, but I had so much going on at the time that I felt I would not give the Craft proper time. I am a part of a collegiate fraternity that I was told had Masonic components that are in our rituals as well as a number of our Founders who were Masons (I see how that is true, and no it is not Acacia.)

Even now, I have grad school coming up, but I decided enough was enough and needed to put my big boy pants up and work through effective time management.

I look forward to continuing my journey and look forward to the day when I become a MM. Thank you for the welcome, brother.

Signature 

Posted: 16 June 2017 01:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  105
Joined  2014-08-22

Congratulations, greetings and welcome!

Signature 

St. Matthews Lodge 906, Louisville,Kentucky.
Suburban Lodge 740, Louisville,Kentucky
AASR, Orient of Kentucky, Valley of Louisville
Knights of St. Andrew, Orient of Kentucky, Valley of Louisville
King Solomon Chapter # 5, Royal Arch Masons
Louisville Council # 4, Royal and Select Masters
Louisville-DeMolay Commandery #12, Knights Templar

Posted: 30 June 2017 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2017-05-15

Apparently, I am progressing well with my postings. Only thing I have to do is memorizing and then can progress to FC. That will be on July 24th, barring nothing goes wrong. Thankfully, “the stuff” that I have to do is clicking…(not easy, but for folks who like patterns like me, it is doable.) Really enjoying the journey and hoping that I’ll be done with the 3rd degree by end of the year, though I make no presumptions.

Signature 

Posted: 30 June 2017 05:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1460
Joined  2010-11-01
AlwaysLearning - 30 June 2017 03:43 PM

Apparently, I am progressing well with my postings. Only thing I have to do is memorizing and then can progress to FC.

I applaud you on taking your first step.  I also caution you to not fall into the trap of thinking all you have to do is memorize.  As I begin my second year as Master, I look back at my first entry into the craft and thought as you mentioned.  However, after having held every one of the subordinate officer positions, I can say without a doubt, there is much more to the craft than rote memorization and business meetings.  It is much more than something that can be told to you or that you read.  Everything in the craft is symbolic.  Your job is to figure out what that symbolism means.  Keep that in mind as you practice your memorization and take the next step up and earn you next two degrees.  You “get” the first, you have to earn the next two.
I wish you well on your journey and a hearty welcome to the craft my brother.

Signature 

W:.Paul Hulseapple
Master St. Georges Lodge #6
Schenectady, NY
Feliciana Lodge #31
St. Francisville, LA

32┬░AASR Valley of Schenectady
St Georges Chapter #157 Royal Arch Masons
Scribe

St. George’s Council # 74 Cryptic Masons
Giles Fonda Yates Council #22 AMD
Jr. Warden

St. George’s Commandery #37
Oriental Shrine A.A.O.N.M.S.

Posted: 02 July 2017 11:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2017-05-15
PDH825 - 30 June 2017 05:25 PM

I applaud you on taking your first step.  I also caution you to not fall into the trap of thinking all you have to do is memorize.  As I begin my second year as Master, I look back at my first entry into the craft and thought as you mentioned.  However, after having held every one of the subordinate officer positions, I can say without a doubt, there is much more to the craft than rote memorization and business meetings.  It is much more than something that can be told to you or that you read.  Everything in the craft is symbolic.  Your job is to figure out what that symbolism means.  Keep that in mind as you practice your memorization and take the next step up and earn you next two degrees.  You “get” the first, you have to earn the next two.

MWM and Brother,I thank you for your wise words. I truly did not mean to imply that all I wanted to do was just go through the motions and be done with it…I do want to learn and participate in the Craft. I want to go absorb and practice as much as possible and with all things in life you get as much as you put in.

One of the reasons I had not begun my journey in Masonry sooner is because I had gotten my sense of “fraternity” through my college fraternity through participation in college and as an alumni. While I was doing fulfilling work in getting 18-22 year olds out of trouble (dues, illegal parties, some [alleged] hazing, and the typical [and sometimes not so typical] nonsense) I always felt I was missing out on more I could do, in a fraternal sense. Many of my brothers from my Fraternity did answer the Masonic call and without breaking their obligation, insisted that I do the same at my earliest convenience. In the past ~ twenty years I always felt the call whenever I would watch certain movies, read certain books that were not about Masonry, per se, but involved Masons in some form or another. In fact, I made it a point not to read anything that was directly about Freemasonry, as I did not want my experience to be ruined by half-truths.

I do want to earn my next degrees and fully understand the symbolism. I want to sift through what is real, what is not real in the context of being a Master Mason. I am embracing the light and through and with your wise words, brother, will gain knowledge as I practice my memorization.

I thank you, once again, for your encouragement and guidance.

Edit: Autocorrect messed up the MWM and made it MEN…I just corrected the “E”. My apologies, Brother (and other Masons who read my typo.)

Signature 

Posted: 03 July 2017 09:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1460
Joined  2010-11-01
AlwaysLearning - 02 July 2017 11:59 AM
PDH825 - 30 June 2017 05:25 PM

MWN and Brother,I thank you for your wise words. I truly did not mean to imply that all I wanted to do was just go through the motions and be done with it…I do want to learn and participate in the Craft. I want to go absorb and practice as much as possible and with all things in life you get as much as you put in.

One of the reasons I had not begun my journey in Masonry sooner is because I had gotten my sense of “fraternity” through my college fraternity through participation in college and as an alumni. While I was doing fulfilling work in getting 18-22 year olds out of trouble (dues, illegal parties, some [alleged] hazing, and the typical [and sometimes not so typical] nonsense) I always felt I was missing out on more I could do, in a fraternal sense. Many of my brothers from my Fraternity did answer the Masonic call and without breaking their obligation, insisted that I do the same at my earliest convenience. In the past ~ twenty years I always felt the call whenever I would watch certain movies, read certain books that were not about Masonry, per se, but involved Masons in some form or another. In fact, I made it a point not to read anything that was directly about Freemasonry, as I did not want my experience to be ruined by half-truths.

I do want to earn my next degrees and fully understand the symbolism. I want to sift through what is real, what is not real in the context of being a Master Mason. I am embracing the light and through and with your wise words, brother, will gain knowledge as I practice my memorization.

I thank you, once again, for your encouragement and guidance.

Excellent reply my brother.  Based on your reply, you will do well in the craft.  I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the degrees as you progress.

Signature 

W:.Paul Hulseapple
Master St. Georges Lodge #6
Schenectady, NY
Feliciana Lodge #31
St. Francisville, LA

32┬░AASR Valley of Schenectady
St Georges Chapter #157 Royal Arch Masons
Scribe

St. George’s Council # 74 Cryptic Masons
Giles Fonda Yates Council #22 AMD
Jr. Warden

St. George’s Commandery #37
Oriental Shrine A.A.O.N.M.S.

Posted: 03 July 2017 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2341
Joined  2011-01-20

I’m not sure what you mean by “MWM”, but if it stands for Most Worshipful Master, that isn’t me, thank God :)

The title “Most Worshipful” in my jurisdiction is reserved for the Grand Master. My proper title is simply Worshipful Brother (WB). Informally, my brothers just call me “Worshipful”.

The company I work for had offices in an old Masonic building and we were the first tenants. I heard footsteps in the hall one day and went out to investigate. It turned out to be the Mailman who was also a Mason. I gave him one of my cards and he noticed “Worshipful Master” on it. A couple of weeks later, I was in the office and he brought our mail up to us. When he saw me, he said, “Hi Worshipful.” and every head in the office turned. I told my coworkers they could address me by that title too if they liked. :)

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°
Master, Ancient York Lodge, Lowell, MA.

God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Posted: 03 July 2017 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2017-05-15

Sorry, I will note that. I thought that what was was called to those on the chair and wanted to show due respect. We have a similar word for those in my Fraternity for those who held the office of the gavel (president.)

This would be one of those minor things I would definitely learn as I progress further.

Signature 

Posted: 03 July 2017 03:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1257
Joined  2011-11-10
Brother John - 03 July 2017 12:15 PM

Informally, my brothers just call me “Worshipful”.

Mine just say ‘oi you’ (or Richard).  We also call our Provincial Grand Master ‘Bill’ (his name) when we’re in the bar - likewise his Deputy is called by his Christian name - John.

Signature 

Richard
Past Provincial Junior Grand Warden, Provincial Grand Treasurer (Royal Arch)
Member of Craft, Royal Arch, Ancient & Accepted Rite, Mark, Royal Ark Mariner, Knight Templar, Knight Templar Priest, Order of Secret Monitor, Royal Order of Scotland
UGLE.

Posted: 03 July 2017 04:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2017-05-15
Richard George - 03 July 2017 03:55 PM
Brother John - 03 July 2017 12:15 PM

Informally, my brothers just call me “Worshipful”.

Mine just say ‘oi you’ (or Richard).  We also call our Provincial Grand Master ‘Bill’ (his name) when we’re in the bar - likewise his Deputy is called by his Christian name - John.

Geez…I get it…as I was saying, I was just paying due respect. I tend to be a bit formal and I am a bit new to this. But I appreciate a good ribbing every now and then, Richard… :)

Signature 

Posted: 04 July 2017 01:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1257
Joined  2011-11-10

Just joking (obviously!). A good rule is; at the bar, exactly as you would everyone else, although you might want to just stick with ‘sir’ until you know the individual better or they tell you otherwise. ‘Sir’ when he has his regalia on, and by his formal designation (W. Bro./Bro/R. W. Bro.  V. WBro/M. W. Bro. Etc) when actually in lodge.

Signature 

Richard
Past Provincial Junior Grand Warden, Provincial Grand Treasurer (Royal Arch)
Member of Craft, Royal Arch, Ancient & Accepted Rite, Mark, Royal Ark Mariner, Knight Templar, Knight Templar Priest, Order of Secret Monitor, Royal Order of Scotland
UGLE.

Posted: 04 July 2017 10:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  510
Joined  2012-01-30

After our installation the GM said “I really appreciate the warm welcome guys.”  This is an informal setting jackets and ties were off. 

First time I’d ever meet him so I naturally said “Well it’s only because we have to MW.  Not sure if any of us actually like you.”  I have the ability to make anything sound absolutely believable.  The look on his face was priceless.  Of course I began laughing and told him I was pulling his leg.  That as the MWGM or as brother he was always welcomed at our lodge!

Signature 

DeWayne
MM, RAM, RSM, KT, KM, SRICF, Athelstan

I’m living in the DC area now.

There is no Gospel According to St. Youtube.

Posted: 25 July 2017 12:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2017-05-15

So now I am FC! Truly enjoyed the examination and the ritual/lecture. Begin work on the 3rd Degree next week. At this rate, it might be September or October before I get Raised. It was interesting with what I went through and wish I could share the experience, but I know better. (Even if I did, I wouldn’t want the experience ruined for future FC+ brothers.)

Really am beaming right now. So excited I decided to do this now. I contacted two of my (college) fraternity brothers who are MMs…they congratulated me and wished me luck on the 3rd.

Anyways, just thought I would share. :)

Signature 

Posted: 14 August 2017 07:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2017-05-15

Well, I spoke with my poster/instructor. Looks like I might get Raised in either September or October. I suspect it won’t be September, because a lot of the Brothers take off in the summer…but he’ll let me know next week after he talks to the WM. I’m cool with either month; as long as it is before December, I’m a-ok! :)

(Looking forward to my next London trip…already booked for December… :) My second time there, but first one as a (hopefully) MM.)

Signature 

1 of 2

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.5011 seconds.