Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

Hello All
Posted: 08 June 2017 04:55 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2017-05-15

Greetings,

I just wanted to say my hellos. I was just made an Entered Apprentice and I’m looking forward to the rest of my journey to Master Mason. I moved to the Midwest from back East (US) for work and decided it was time to begin my journey to Masonry. Since I knew no one here, I found my new state’s Grand Lodge site, emailed that I wanted to be a Mason, met with Mason who gave me a tour of the lodge near my job, was given a petition, filled it out and signed it, met with investigative committee, waited to be voted on, was approved, given date for EA ritual, showed up, and became an EA. I am now working with the same Mason who brought me in for further instruction until I’m ready for 2nd degree. I am very excited to continue on this journey!

When everything is completed (i.e. when I become a MM), I will gladly put my Lodge’s details and the dates of my initiation, passing and raising. Right now, I want to keep that private until I’m done. I know I’m technically a Mason, but I also know I’m not a full one until I get that 3rd. But I did want to share my excitement in my journey to learning the Craft.

I also travel a lot, so being a MM will truly enhance my travelling…I know (from this site) that there is protocol involved, and I intend to follow that prior to my travels.

Signature 

Petitioned: April 6, 2017
Initiated: June 5, 2017
Passed: To Be Determined
Raised: To Be Determined

Posted: 08 June 2017 10:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2013-03-20
AlwaysLearning - 08 June 2017 04:55 PM

Greetings,

I just wanted to say my hellos. I was just made an Entered Apprentice and I’m looking forward to the rest of my journey to Master Mason. I moved to the Midwest from back East (US) for work and decided it was time to begin my journey to Masonry. Since I knew no one here, I found my new state’s Grand Lodge site, emailed that I wanted to be a Mason, met with Mason who gave me a tour of the lodge near my job, was given a petition, filled it out and signed it, met with investigative committee, waited to be voted on, was approved, given date for EA ritual, showed up, and became an EA. I am now working with the same Mason who brought me in for further instruction until I’m ready for 2nd degree. I am very excited to continue on this journey!

When everything is completed (i.e. when I become a MM), I will gladly put my Lodge’s details and the dates of my initiation, passing and raising. Right now, I want to keep that private until I’m done. I know I’m technically a Mason, but I also know I’m not a full one until I get that 3rd. But I did want to share my excitement in my journey to learning the Craft.

I also travel a lot, so being a MM will truly enhance my travelling…I know (from this site) that there is protocol involved, and I intend to follow that prior to my travels.

Welcome brother. I love reading posts like yours. Even now as I start my third year as Master of my lodge, I remember the first time I was called “brother”. Enjoy the journey.

Signature 

John Ruggiero
Master, Ancient York Lodge AF&AM;, Lowell, MA, USA

“God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much.” - Mother Teresa

Posted: 11 June 2017 02:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2017-05-15

Welcome brother. I love reading posts like yours. Even now as I start my third year as Master of my lodge, I remember the first time I was called “brother”. Enjoy the journey.

Thank you, brother/MWM. I had first heard the call to the Craft many years ago, but I had so much going on at the time that I felt I would not give the Craft proper time. I am a part of a collegiate fraternity that I was told had Masonic components that are in our rituals as well as a number of our Founders who were Masons (I see how that is true, and no it is not Acacia.)

Even now, I have grad school coming up, but I decided enough was enough and needed to put my big boy pants up and work through effective time management.

I look forward to continuing my journey and look forward to the day when I become a MM. Thank you for the welcome, brother.

Signature 

Petitioned: April 6, 2017
Initiated: June 5, 2017
Passed: To Be Determined
Raised: To Be Determined

Posted: 16 June 2017 01:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  90
Joined  2014-08-22

Congratulations, greetings and welcome!

Signature 

St. Matthews Lodge 906, Louisville,Kentucky.
Suburban Lodge 740, Louisville,Kentucky
AASR, Orient of Kentucky, Valley of Louisville
Knights of St. Andrew, Orient of Kentucky, Valley of Louisville
King Solomon Chapter # 5, Royal Arch Masons
Louisville Council # 4, Royal and Select Masters
Louisville-DeMolay Commandery #12, Knights Templar

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.2969 seconds.