Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

2 of 3
Foreboding feeling after handing in the petition any feed back would be wonderful
Posted: 25 May 2017 05:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2016-11-06

If your jurisdiction requires 3 to reject I bet you’ll be ok. You can talk to the WM as others have suggested, but if you’ve been meeting with the members regularly and they seem to be comfortable with having you around, you should be fine. Let us know how it goes.

Signature 

P. Cassidy

Initiated: 11/5/16
Passed: 12/28/16
Raised:  1/25/17

St George Lodge #33

Posted: 25 May 2017 10:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2013-03-20

I was the chair of the Investigation committee for a man who’s beliefs were similar to your’s. I was at Lodge of Instruction when the District Deputy Grand Master got up to explain the responsibility of investigating candidates.  After he was finished, and elderly brother stood and proclaimed that he had black balled a man because he was Wiccan. I rose and asked the DDGM if a man believed in three gods and practiced ritual cannibalism during his worship service would he be accepted as a Mason?

Of course, the answer was a resounding no.

I then suggested the DDGM collect all the Christian’s dues cards as, from an outside perspective, mine was an accurate description of that faith. I went on to say that we have a responsibility to understand a man’s faith before passing judgement.

You have explained your faith well. I would find it difficult to reject you on that basis.

Signature 

John Ruggiero
Master, Ancient York Lodge AF&AM;, Lowell, MA, USA

“God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much.” - Mother Teresa

Posted: 26 May 2017 12:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  512
Joined  2012-01-30
BrotherJohn - 25 May 2017 10:30 PM

I was the chair of the Investigation committee for a man who’s beliefs were similar to your’s. I was at Lodge of Instruction when the District Deputy Grand Master got up to explain the responsibility of investigating candidates.  After he was finished, and elderly brother stood and proclaimed that he had black balled a man because he was Wiccan. I rose and asked the DDGM if a man believed in three gods and practiced ritual cannibalism during his worship service would he be accepted as a Mason?

I then suggested the DDGM collect all the Christian’s dues cards as, from an outside perspective, mine was an accurate description of that faith. I went on to say that we have a responsibility to understand a man’s faith before passing judgement.

You have explained your faith well. I would find it difficult to reject you on that basis.

This is almost exactly what I tell overzealous Christian Brothers.

Signature 

DeWayne
MM, RAM, RSM, KT, KM, SRICF, Athelstan

I’m living in the DC area now.

There is no Gospel According to St. Youtube.

Posted: 26 May 2017 12:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  512
Joined  2012-01-30
Sideshowthomas - 25 May 2017 03:03 PM

:) I told him it represents the four elements with spirit or god above all and the Pythagorean symbolism of the devine proportion. Then he asked if I was pagan, and I have home my definition ...

I truly hope you become a Freemason and we can call you brother!  The way you have explained your faith it more than qualifies for membership!  The post of yours I quoted could be used by some esoteric Christians and is very close to something an esoteric Christian group I belong to explains some things.

I wish you well!

Signature 

DeWayne
MM, RAM, RSM, KT, KM, SRICF, Athelstan

I’m living in the DC area now.

There is no Gospel According to St. Youtube.

Posted: 26 May 2017 07:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2017-03-13

Thank you that means a lot to me.

Posted: 26 May 2017 08:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  106
Joined  2014-08-22
Dan-O - 25 May 2017 02:29 PM
Sideshowthomas - 25 May 2017 02:27 PM

I’m sorry but I’m afraid I’m slightly confused, you reposted my last post but you quoted someone else’s post too, so I’m not really sure who your talking to but I updated my profile to reflect that I am not yet a mason only a petitioner .

Yeah, my bad.  I read HIS post, and then looked and saw your name and noticed there was not info, and confused the two.  No worries.  I just wanted to jump at the chance to rib a brother for using the word “irregardless” (you know, grammar, rhetoric, logic, and all being so important) :)

O.K., you got me…lol.

Signature 

St. Matthews Lodge 906, Louisville,Kentucky.
Suburban Lodge 740, Louisville,Kentucky
AASR, Orient of Kentucky, Valley of Louisville
Knights of St. Andrew, Orient of Kentucky, Valley of Louisville
King Solomon Chapter # 5, Royal Arch Masons
Louisville Council # 4, Royal and Select Masters
Louisville-DeMolay Commandery #12, Knights Templar

Posted: 13 June 2017 05:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2015-11-09

I’m curious as to how the balloting went????

Signature 

Petitioned September 2015
Ballotted November 2015
Initiated January 11, 2016
Passed February 8, 2016
Raised May 9, 2016

Caleb Butler Lodge.

Posted: 13 June 2017 10:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2017-03-13

I still haven’t got that far yet. I’m not sure if an IC has been formed yet.  They told me to keep coming before meetings and they would try to get things started before the stop meeting for the summer. Tomorrow is the next meeting and first meeting since I posted the thread so i have to try and get a feel of what’s going on.

Posted: 15 June 2017 04:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2017-03-13

So I went to the meeting yesterday and spoke to the WM about my concerns, he said I shouldn’t worry but he’d address the other masons at the meeting.  He also wAnted to know why I had once been rejected since I have such a clean record , I explained it as it was explained to me 12 years ago that they didn’t like my religion long hair and 2 hoops in my left ear and he and the secretary said that was unfair that I meet all requirements and that they aren’t closed minded like the last lodge I went to was…

Posted: 23 October 2017 11:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2017-03-13

I have since met the IC and that went well tomorrow night I will balloted on.

Posted: 02 November 2017 02:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2017-09-01
BrotherJohn - 25 May 2017 10:30 PM

One of the best posts I ever read on this forum.

To the original poster, did you ever get accepted?

Signature 

I’m not a mason, don’t ask me about freemasonry or take my posts as masonic knowing or perspective.

Posted: 02 November 2017 03:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2017-03-13

Nothing has happened either way yet. The IC came a few weeks back and met with me and my fiancĂ©e at my home and everything went well.  They said to continue coming prior to meetings and that someone important was coming to the next one so that they couldn’t ballot that night but that they would soon. I went last week and they said that because one other man , also named Tom was nearly ready to be balloted on and that he just had to attend one more meeting so that I could expect it to be done this coming Wednesday the 8th

Posted: 09 November 2017 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2017-03-13

Last night the lodge balloted on me how long does it take to find out the results, and will I get a call or a letter inthemail

Posted: 09 November 2017 12:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  575
Joined  2012-09-18

You should receive a letter in about a week.
Or you could call the Secretary and ask.

Signature 

Past Master, Dryden Lodge #472
Secretary, Caroline Lodge #618
Hudson,Fulton,Dryden Chapter #250 OES
32* A&ASR; Coudersport Pa.
RAM Fidelity #77

Posted: 13 November 2017 06:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2017-03-13

The ballot came out positive. I’m beyond happy !

2 of 3

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.3431 seconds.