Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

2 of 2
A question that may be the answer to what ive been searching for. Brace yourselves. :)
Posted: 17 May 2017 01:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1261
Joined  2011-11-10

I for one, am offended by your tone.

We’ve told you that the things you mention have nothing to do with Freemasonry. If Lund gets those from Freemasonry, then that’s his personal journey, it doesn’t make it true - any more that Morals and Dogma is anything other than an individual’s personal journey. The fact that they both put it in writing and published it doesn’t mean they have any more authority - or reality - than any other book you care to name (other than those written about historic fact). Harry Potter is a character in a book; does that make him him real? Of course not. They are all stories however, that can be or are real in the mind of the reader (or author), but that doesn’t mean they mean anything to anyone else.
“Do or do not, there is no try” is an extremely good attitude to take to life, but that doesn’t mean that the character who we all heard say it is real or has any reality; the only reality is that George Lucas came up with the quote. And the same is true for whatever Lund, Pike et al have to say, you believe or disbelieve as you wish, but that doesn’t make it true for anyone else.

Signature 

Richard
Past Provincial Junior Grand Warden, Provincial Grand Treasurer (Royal Arch)
Member of Craft, Royal Arch, Ancient & Accepted Rite, Mark, Royal Ark Mariner, Knight Templar, Knight Templar Priest, Order of Secret Monitor, Royal Order of Scotland
UGLE.

Posted: 17 May 2017 06:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  74
Joined  2013-12-02

Here we go again, Dear Sir,
There are true masons here that are answering your questions, if you do not trust our answers, why do you even carry on asking wasting our time and yours. Thoth, Hermis, astral voyages are not part of our teachings or ritual, even if some falsely link stuff to it. You might be interested or get there in your own personal journey of spirituality, but this has nothing to do with masonry or its rituals we surely are not bluffing you .
gd luck

Signature 

Nour Al Ayyash

Lodge Trinity #1846 / Founding Member / J.W
Lodge King Hiram #1351/ Secretary
(Under the jurisdiction of the Grand Lodge Of Scotland)

Lebanon
District Grand Director Of Music

Tripoly Chapter # 773 for the Holy Royal Arch

32° AASR S.J .Valley Of Washington (DC)

March on. Do not tarry. To go forward is to move toward perfection.
“Khalil Gibran”

Posted: 17 May 2017 06:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  575
Joined  2012-09-18
Blackballed - 16 May 2017 04:03 PM

That’s just it. I wasn’t fed any baffling stories by anyone. This is knowledge gathered by myself after Robert Lund (A Mason) shared information about the Emerald tablets. Yet again the Masonic Goonie Squad here on the forum decides to take my post and make it 100% about Masonic rituals, secrets how i will never figure anything out of I’m not a mason(that is not my concern). I seek other Masons that may have knowledge on the Emerald tablets and the secrets of Thoth. If there are any here then please message me. I do not need to be told at every turn that I “am in the wrong place”. Just because you have no clue what I am seeking or think it doesn’t apply to masons. It does not go to say that another mason may not have something positive or helpful to offer to the conversation. Thank you.

As stated in others posts/replies to you, what you are looking for does not exist in Freemasonry, period.

Just because some members also study Hermetism, Martinism, Kabbala, and Rosicrusionism is purely a coincidence. It is just where their studies have led them and is their personal path.
Yes, there are elements that are similar due to the fact that the men who created our rituals were also students of such. But there is where any similarity ends.
Just because something may be similar and have elements of the same does not make them connected/related/the same at all.

Signature 

Past Master, Dryden Lodge #472
Secretary, Caroline Lodge #618
Hudson,Fulton,Dryden Chapter #250 OES
32* A&ASR; Coudersport Pa.
RAM Fidelity #77

Posted: 17 May 2017 08:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4058
Joined  2007-09-27
Blackballed - 16 May 2017 04:03 PM

Yet again the Masonic Goonie Squad here on the forum decides to take my post and make it 100% about Masonic rituals, secrets how i will never figure anything out of I’m not a mason(that is not my concern).

Well, you don’t get to come onto OUR forum and call us names.  Bye Felicia!

Signature 

Dan

Past Master, Columbian Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Boston, MA
Friendship Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Wilmington, MA
32° Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Boston
Shriners International, Aleppo Temple - Wilmington, MA

Posted: 17 May 2017 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1261
Joined  2011-11-10

I notice that he said he’d been blackballed (another thread). Not surprised if this is an example of the way he spoke to the Lodge concerned.

Signature 

Richard
Past Provincial Junior Grand Warden, Provincial Grand Treasurer (Royal Arch)
Member of Craft, Royal Arch, Ancient & Accepted Rite, Mark, Royal Ark Mariner, Knight Templar, Knight Templar Priest, Order of Secret Monitor, Royal Order of Scotland
UGLE.

Posted: 17 May 2017 03:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  445
Joined  2014-03-28

The sad thing, Blackballed, is that if you had simply come in and said something like,  “I’m not really interested in becoming a Mason, but would appreciate a PM from any Masons familiar with the legendary Egyptian Emerald Tablet of Toth,” you and we would both done better. Instead, you came in asking about how to drop the veil of night, to which you got some polite but understandably confused responses. You rather tersely said you were not interested in, “the frat,” (nice choice of wording) but still didn’t clarify what you wanted. You still were talking about a veil. Eventually, you got around to actually saying what you were interested in, citing an obscure Mason as a reason for asking and then slipped into insulting people who had honestly been trying to help.

Rotsa ruck…

Signature 

Bro. Bob
Calgary, AB

Initiated 1 March 1979
Passed 26 May 1979
Raised 18 October 1979
WM Zetland Lodge No. 83 - 2017

Posted: 17 May 2017 03:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-27

Blackballed has been blackballed from this forum.

Signature 

Dan

Posted: 23 May 2017 10:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  239
Joined  2012-10-25

Hello gentlemen,

I am wondering if he is referring to Egyptian Rite Masonry? That clandestine group rears it’s head every so often.

Signature 

Forte est vinum fortior est rex fortiores sunt mulieres super omnia vincit veritas
(Wine is Strong, the King is Stronger, Women are Strongest: but Truth Conquers All)

Barry Goen
Boyleston Lodge 123 AFM
Balentine SC

Columbia Chapter No. 5
Royal Arch Masons
Columbia, SC

Union Council No. 5
Royal and Select Masters
Columbia, SC

Columbia Commandry No. 2
Knights Templars
Columbia, SC

Posted: 23 May 2017 11:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2017-04-29
Blackballed - 16 May 2017 09:11 AM

The Emerald tablets of Thoth. This is what I speak of. The only other mason that I know that can speak to me directly regarding this is Brother Robert Lund. He has been more than nice to me and willing to discuss things of this nature. I prefer not to pic his brain to the point of exhaust. It was through him that I received this information and wish to continue learn more from it. . I believe this information to be exactly what I have been seeking. Thoth provides detailed direction on how to reach enlightenment and it is this which I wish to persue. I do not seek that which the church or the fraternity offers, I know this for certain now. After entering into a space in meditation for the first time (literally I was in space, call me crazy if you wish) I was terrified and have yet to even try meditation again. After studying the emerald tablets there is no doubt that I am on the correct path. As it is so that I found so many similarities between Thoth’s “children of light” and the masons of the craft and how they “guard the secrets of the light” I assumed that it would be best to ask those familiar with what I speak of.

I am a non-mason, but if this site would permit me a suggestion. If you are seeking to lift a veil between your body and your spirit, there is no physical object that can aid you in obtaining the enlightenment you seek. I would suggest that you continue to meditate and clear your mind of the garbage that this world puts in your line of sight. Only then are you able to receive the wisdom of your deity and find the enlightenment on your path. Possibly even the wisdom of your emeralds…no one can say for sure. Your journey is your own. If it is in your purpose to read and understand these tablets you speak of they will be delivered to you without the aggressiveness of your current search. To lead you must first follow…and I’m afraid at this point your ego is showing. Seek enlightnment. I pray you find your way.

Posted: 23 May 2017 11:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-27

Thanks everyone for your responses and for your patience.  As the original poster is no longer a member of this site, I’m going to go ahead and close this thread down.

Signature 

Dan

2 of 2

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.6449 seconds.