Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

1 of 2
can you be in this forum if your not amason?
Posted: 29 March 2017 12:13 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2017-03-07

Hello evryone… this has been bothering me alot… can you be here if your not a mason?.. and how long does it take for the lodge members to loccate you??

Signature 

wilsone

Posted: 29 March 2017 01:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1249
Joined  2011-11-10

This site is intended to be a source of information for those who are interested in joining, so you’ll actually find that the vast majority on here are actually non-Masons (although some may have subsequently joined). If you look closely at the names of the participants, you’ll see some names crop up time and again.. Dan principally, me, and a few others. We are freemasons, and we offer our time freely to answer questions - mostly from a US viewpoint (as it’s a US forum), with a few of us from the UK, Canada, and the odd location around the world.

As to ‘finding out where you are’, we’re not bothered where you are so why on earth would we even try to look?! If someone is interested in joining, they’ll need to tell us where they are so we can point them in the right direction, but that’s it. We won’t go looking, so I’m not sure what you’re worried about.

Signature 

Richard
Past Provincial Junior Grand Warden, Provincial Grand Treasurer (Royal Arch)
Member of Craft, Royal Arch, Ancient & Accepted Rite, Mark, Royal Ark Mariner, Knight Templar, Knight Templar Priest, Order of Secret Monitor, Royal Order of Scotland
UGLE.

Posted: 29 March 2017 01:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2017-03-07
Richard George - 29 March 2017 01:13 AM

This site is intended to be a source of information for those who are interested in joining, so you’ll actually find that the vast majority on here are actually non-Masons (although some may have subsequently joined). If you look closely at the names of the participants, you’ll see some names crop up time and again.. Dan principally, me, and a few others. We are freemasons, and we offer our time freely to answer questions - mostly from a US viewpoint (as it’s a US forum), with a few of us from the UK, Canada, and the odd location around the world.

As to ‘finding out where you are’, we’re not bothered where you are so why on earth would we even try to look?! If someone is interested in joining, they’ll need to tell us where they are so we can point them in the right direction, but that’s it. We won’t go looking, so I’m not sure what you’re worried about.

ok, to me am worried coz i joined on february… i finished evrything my petitions papers and my fee… am a kenyan but am in lebanon… i did all those online… after i was promissed that the members of lebanon lodge will come for me… have been waiting from march 7,  the only thing i got is being in this forum only… muchless i havent find any memeber from lebanon to talk to… to direct me more..

Signature 

wilsone

Posted: 29 March 2017 03:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2016-10-06

You joined online you said? Did you pay anything?

Signature 

FM, United Kingdom
Currently: MM, Steward - Lodge: 8362

Posted: 29 March 2017 03:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4050
Joined  2007-09-27

You cannot join Freemasonry online.  Anyone who tells you that you can is tricking you. 

It sounds to me like someone has fooled you into thinking you have joined Freemasonry, and what troubles me is it sounds like they are using our site in order to do this.

This site is only for information purposes.  You cannot become a Freemason by joining an online forum.  I hope for your sake you did not send anyone any money because if you have it would appear you have been defrauded by someone who claims to be a Mason.  This is a scam we have seen, especially in Africa.

As a woman, you would not be allowed to join regular Freemasonry, and as a man, you most certainly would need to meet with a lodge in person before you would ever be allowed to join a lodge.  No real lodge would ever ask you to submit applications or pay fees until you have met them in person and this is not a quick process.

Sorry to hear that you have been tricked.  I wish there was someone we could do about it :(

Signature 

Dan

Past Master, Columbian Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Boston, MA
Friendship Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Wilmington, MA
32° Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Boston
Shriners International, Aleppo Temple - Wilmington, MA

Posted: 29 March 2017 03:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2017-03-07
Dan-O - 29 March 2017 03:48 AM

You cannot join Freemasonry online.  Anyone who tells you that you can is tricking you. 

It sounds to me like someone has fooled you into thinking you have joined Freemasonry, and what troubles me is it sounds like they are using our site in order to do this.

This site is only for information purposes.  You cannot become a Freemason by joining an online forum.  I hope for your sake you did not send anyone any money because if you have it would appear you have been defrauded by someone who claims to be a Mason.  This is a scam we have seen, especially in Africa.

As a woman, you would not be allowed to join regular Freemasonry, and as a man, you most certainly would need to meet with a lodge in person before you would ever be allowed to join a lodge.  No real lodge would ever ask you to submit applications or pay fees until you have met them in person and this is not a quick process.

Sorry to hear that you have been tricked.  I wish there was someone we could do about it :(

its one yr have been reading about in the internet freemason… so here i met this friend of mine… he said his a freemason and to be1ask1 we talked.. later he asked me if i can aford the petition fee.. which was $350.. i did and send it to the secretary in kenya… later i recieve.. an email from freemason membership account… we have been talking.. well antil its reaches to apoint that they are surpporst to come for me where i am.! after they forced me to pay $50 claiming its for the ring.. since then what have been getting is fault promisses.. oh my😢

Signature 

wilsone

Posted: 29 March 2017 04:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2016-10-06

I am really sorry Emmy. You have been defrauded. We don’t join Freemasonry by paying someone online. You join in person and you must meet with the Masons. It’s a lengthy process that involves meetings and face to face interviews.

Lodges never have their secretaries in other countries. If a Lodge is in Lebanon, the secretary is in Lebanon. It’s not possible for him to be in Kenya.

Also, no genuine lodge would accept someone who doesn’t regularly reside in their jurisdiction. To join a lodge in Lebanon, you need to reside for a while in Lebanon then approach personally the Lodge in order to start talking about what it takes to join.

Signature 

FM, United Kingdom

Posted: 29 March 2017 06:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-27
mystic-tie - 29 March 2017 04:58 AM

I am really sorry Emmy. You have been defrauded. We don’t join Freemasonry by paying someone online. You join in person and you must meet with the Masons. It’s a lengthy process that involves meetings and face to face interviews.

Lodges never have their secretaries in other countries. If a Lodge is in Lebanon, the secretary is in Lebanon. It’s not possible for him to be in Kenya.

Also, no genuine lodge would accept someone who doesn’t regularly reside in their jurisdiction. To join a lodge in Lebanon, you need to reside for a while in Lebanon then approach personally the Lodge in order to start talking about what it takes to join.

You would also not be allowed to join because you are female.

Signature 

Dan

Posted: 29 March 2017 09:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1249
Joined  2011-11-10

Emily; to be clear .. there is no such thing as an ‘internet mason’ - there are Freemasons who have an online presence (like here), but you cannot join online.  If you ‘joined’ as such, you’ve been duped. 

Neither is there such a thing as ‘the lebanon lodge’ - there are lodges in the Lebanon, but that’s an entirely different thing.  As a woman, as I said on your other thread, you cannot join our (male) Freemasonry - and there are no women’s lodges in the Lebanon; only in the places mentioned in the link on the other thread.

Signature 

Richard
Past Provincial Junior Grand Warden, Provincial Grand Treasurer (Royal Arch)
Member of Craft, Royal Arch, Ancient & Accepted Rite, Mark, Royal Ark Mariner, Knight Templar, Knight Templar Priest, Order of Secret Monitor, Royal Order of Scotland
UGLE.

Posted: 31 March 2017 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2017-03-07
Richard George - 29 March 2017 09:55 AM

Emily; to be clear .. there is no such thing as an ‘internet mason’ - there are Freemasons who have an online presence (like here), but you cannot join online.  If you ‘joined’ as such, you’ve been duped. 

Neither is there such a thing as ‘the lebanon lodge’ - there are lodges in the Lebanon, but that’s an entirely different thing.  As a woman, as I said on your other thread, you cannot join our (male) Freemasonry - and there are no women’s lodges in the Lebanon; only in the places mentioned in the link on the other thread.

thank you for your reply, to me i joined through a friend who is a mason.. and since i wasnt in my country.. he forwarded my petiion to grandmaster of lebanon, beirut..

i asked him if it will work he told me yes… its now one momth i dont get any messages from them.. or email.. but my friend is so much in it and willing to push it… so i dont know if i was doomed or no.. but i just believe all will be well

Signature 

wilsone

Posted: 31 March 2017 12:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2016-10-06

Sadly it confirms our fears. Masonry doesn’t accept people via remote applications like that.

To be admitted as a Mason (assuming you are a male), you need to contact your local Lodge. Joining doesn’t happen via a “friend”. Lodges want to see you in person and this is when your joining process starts.

If someone is asking you to fill forms and pay money to join a Lodge in a remote country, he is most probably defrauding you.

Signature 

FM, United Kingdom

Posted: 31 March 2017 12:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Joined  2017-03-07

Dan i send the money $400 they are using freemason lebanon email.. i wish i can post all the emails they have been sending to me here.. 😢 so painfull for me

Signature 

wilsone

Posted: 06 April 2017 03:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-27
Emmy - 31 March 2017 12:37 PM

Dan i send the money $400 they are using freemason lebanon email.. i wish i can post all the emails they have been sending to me here.. 😢 so painfull for me

You have been extorted, plain and simple.  You cannot join Freemasonry over email.  It doesn’t work that way.  So sorry this happened to you, but the people you sent your money to were clearly not Freemasons, and neither are you.  You’ve simply been defrauded out of $400.

Signature 

Dan

Posted: 06 April 2017 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  69
Joined  2017-03-07

A year ago I met a friend who told me you had to pay $ 1000 You can even organize Freemasonry and participate in the Iraq Forum It is good that I did not believe him
قبل سنة التقيت بشخص قال لي عليك ان تدفع ١٠٠٠$ حتى يمكنك الانظمام الى المتسونية وتشارك بمحفل العراق ومن الجيد اني لم اصدقه

Posted: 06 April 2017 04:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-27

Again….that is not how Freemasonry works.

Signature 

Dan

Posted: 06 April 2017 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  69
Joined  2017-03-07
Dan-O - 06 April 2017 04:30 PM

Again….that is not how Freemasonry works.

This is unfortunate when you find people dealing with money

1 of 2

‹‹ UPDATE      What are the terms of admission? ››

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.4125 seconds.