Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

UPDATE
Posted: 27 March 2017 08:59 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  62
Joined  2012-03-19

Been Busy doing my Masonic Study and work in the community and years pass me by. I was Senior Deacon for my first year and secretary for 2 years got voted in as JW of my lodge. So things are going good wanted to thank you guys. Cause when i was Black Ball from the other lodge and someone in the forum suggest i join a Prince Hall Lodge and i did and was welcome with open arms. My lodge is not recognized by Florida
Grand Lodge because my grand lodge is the MWUGL of Florida PHA. But one day we shall learn to be upright men and leave race out. I shall not fear anyone on earth.
I shall fear only god. I shall not bear ill will toward anyone.
I shall not submit to injustice from anyone. I shall conquer untruth by truth.
And in resisting untruth I shall put up with all suffering.
-Mahatma Gandhi

Signature 

Grant us brotherhood, not only for this day but for all the years a brother not of words but of acts and deeds. -Stephen Vincent Benet

E.A :10-19-12
F.C : 11-24-12
M.M :01/05/13  
JW Plant City Lodge 206 Grand Lodge MWUGL of Florida P
David L Wright Consistory#387 Valley of Plant City Orient of Florida *32
Murat Temple#180 Oasis of Wauchula Desert of Florida

Posted: 28 March 2017 09:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  372
Joined  2012-03-05

Good luck, you’re still my brother whether we can sit in lodge together or not. Southern Freemasonry is a cesspool of bigotry and hypocrisy, it disgusts me.

Signature 

Dave

Master-Elect, Garden City Lodge A.F. & A.M., Newtonville, MA—Entered: 4/12/01; Passed: 5/10/01; Raised: 6/14/01
Treasurer, Boston University Lodge A.F. & A.M, Boston, MA
Mount Lebanon Lodge A.F. & A.M., Boston, MA
Boston-Lafayette Lodge of Perfection, Scottish Rite Valley of Boston
Aleppo Shrine, Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine, Wilmington, MA

Posted: 28 March 2017 10:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  248
Joined  2014-06-15
DB32 - 28 March 2017 09:03 AM

Good luck, you’re still my brother whether we can sit in lodge together or not. Southern Freemasonry is a cesspool of bigotry and hypocrisy, it disgusts me.

Not all of us are, brother. And just so you know, I travel extensively throughout this country and have met many of those you would say swims in that same cesspool residing outside of the South. And they come in all varieties of ethnicity.

Signature 

Bro. David Howard
Jr Grand Deacon - GL of Alabama F & AM
Sr. Deacon - Howard E. Palmes Lodge #917, Mobile, Alabama

Posted: 28 March 2017 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  372
Joined  2012-03-05

I’m sure that’s a real comfort to the OP whenever he recalls being blackballed for the color of his skin.

Signature 

Dave

Master-Elect, Garden City Lodge A.F. & A.M., Newtonville, MA—Entered: 4/12/01; Passed: 5/10/01; Raised: 6/14/01
Treasurer, Boston University Lodge A.F. & A.M, Boston, MA
Mount Lebanon Lodge A.F. & A.M., Boston, MA
Boston-Lafayette Lodge of Perfection, Scottish Rite Valley of Boston
Aleppo Shrine, Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine, Wilmington, MA

Posted: 28 March 2017 03:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-06-15
DB32 - 28 March 2017 01:01 PM

I’m sure that’s a real comfort to the OP whenever he recalls being blackballed for the color of his skin.

It wasn’t meant to comfort him. If it was I would have quoted and responded to his post. It was meant to quietly let you know that I don’t appreciate you angrily lumping everyone in the southern jurisdictions of the USA under that racist umbrella, especially when that same problem exists all over the country to some degree or another. If it hadn’t existed then there would never had been a need for a PH group to have formed in the first place in any state.

Do we have a problem in the lodges here? Yes. Are some of us trying to change that? Definitely, yes. But it is a slow process and may take the dying off of the mostly older crowd. They are the ones who grew up in a different period and still harbor the misguided opinions you speak of. But since in most jurisdictions it only takes one or two of these misguided men to negate a vote on a candidate AND they do not have to own up to their vote or explain their reasons, then it will take a little effort to correct this issue.

Signature 

Bro. David Howard

Posted: 28 March 2017 03:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4039
Joined  2007-09-27

I suspect some Brothers have made further progress learning to subdue their passions than others.  One would hope that in fighting against prejudice and discrimination, a brother would not sort to that same behavior, of lumping an entire population into one snarky and trite characterization.

Painting an entire population of brothers with the same unfavorable brush is decidedly un-Masonic, and I would certainly hope that any brother doing such a thing would take due notice thereof and govern themselves accordingly.

Signature 

Dan

Past Master, Columbian Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Boston, MA
Friendship Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Wilmington, MA
32° Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Boston
Shriners International, Aleppo Temple - Wilmington, MA

Posted: 28 March 2017 04:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  62
Joined  2012-03-19

I just was doing update my brother. race don’t have to due with anyone getting black ball. I was just glad someone in the forum suggest that I try PHA and wanted to thank the forum. So let forget about who recognize or not recognize. and move on to positive fellowship on the forum

Signature 

Grant us brotherhood, not only for this day but for all the years a brother not of words but of acts and deeds. -Stephen Vincent Benet

E.A :10-19-12
F.C : 11-24-12
M.M :01/05/13  
JW Plant City Lodge 206 Grand Lodge MWUGL of Florida P
David L Wright Consistory#387 Valley of Plant City Orient of Florida *32
Murat Temple#180 Oasis of Wauchula Desert of Florida

Posted: 28 March 2017 09:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2014-06-15

I am glad that you were able to find a lodge and brothers to bond with. Maybe one day we will have a more unified brotherhood. It is getting better and closer, but there is much work to be done on all sides.

Keep us posted.

Signature 

Bro. David Howard

Posted: 29 March 2017 12:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  92
Joined  2014-08-22
Dan-O - 28 March 2017 03:42 PM

I suspect some Brothers have made further progress learning to subdue their passions than others.  One would hope that in fighting against prejudice and discrimination, a brother would not sort to that same behavior, of lumping an entire population into one snarky and trite characterization.

Painting an entire population of brothers with the same unfavorable brush is decidedly un-Masonic, and I would certainly hope that any brother doing such a thing would take due notice thereof and govern themselves accordingly.

Agreed! Just recently the Grand Lodge of Kentucky and the PH Grand Lodge have recognized each other and extended visitation privileges to each other. Slowly but surely things are getting better!

Signature 

St. Matthews Lodge 906, Louisville,Kentucky.
Suburban Lodge 740, Louisville,Kentucky
AASR, Orient of Kentucky, Valley of Louisville
Knights of St. Andrew, Orient of Kentucky, Valley of Louisville
King Solomon Chapter # 5, Royal Arch Masons
Louisville Council # 4, Royal and Select Masters
Louisville-DeMolay Commandery #12, Knights Templar

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.3668 seconds.