1) How do you find a ‘lodge’ that fits you, if you not know until you join? By meeting members of the various lodges before you join and seeing how well you get on.
2) How do you make room in your head to learn Masonic history, rules, etc? Like anything else, be it learning a guitar or skiing - practice. The human brain is capable of amazing things.
3) Are homosexuals allowed in the Masons? Difficult to answer as each member in each lodge has a veto on each applicant. There are indeed homosexuals in the Craft, just as in outside society.
4) Are the Eastern Stars basically a female version of the Masons? Not really. That question should really be asked on a Star forum.
5) What is the MOST Masonic violation? Unsure what you mean.
6) Are the Masons the religion of the New World Order? Freemasonry is not a religion and the NWO is a modern boogieman used by the paranoid and the greedy to extract respect and money fron the foolish and the fearful. So no.
7) Why do Masons refer to DMT - N-Dimethyltryptamine, so much? Never heard it mentioned by a Mason in almost 40 years In the Craft. Perhaps you could provide references or links?
8) What exactly is this “ritual” you speak of? Some sort choreography? Essentially, yes. A formalized way of doing something. Look at the opening of a legislature - very stylized. The opening and closing of a Boy Scout meeting follow a ritual.
9) Who exactly disciplines the Masons? On matters Masonic, we discipline ourselves internally. On matters civic (crime and civil lawsuitts), cops and courts, just like anyone else.
10) Do you lose your Mason membership if you are convicted of a misdemeanor or felony? Probably suspended or expelled if it is serious enough.
11) Are there Masonic wedding ceremonies, like there are for funerals? Never heard of such.
12) Is it an insult or compliment to be associated-rumored with “the Illuminati” (mysterious world power)? It is mildly amusing, in a tiresome sort of way.
13) Can someone just say they are a Mason? Who is really going to stop them? In most places, unless fraud is involved, ‘yes’ and ‘nobody’. No Mason will spend any time with them of course.
14) What is an OBVIOUS sight that someone is not a Mason? A bikini.
15) What are Masons supposed to do when they encounter a false-Mason? Generally just ignore them with the contempt they deserve.
16) Are there active Masons in prison? Not that I know of.
17) Is there a “Degree” or “Level” you attain, of which, you start your own Lodge? A rather complicated thing. New lodges can be started, but it takes more than one Mason, it takes a bunch or them. If you are thinking of one guy simply being able to wander around starting lodges, it ain’t happening.
18) Do you have to be born into the Masons? If your father or grandfather isn’t a Masons – does that hurt your chances of joining? Each applicant is judged on his own merits.
19) If you could recommend ONE Masonic book, which would it be? For a non-Mason interested in learning, perhaps Freemasonry for Dummies. Personally, I would strongly advise against Morals and Dogma, which is essentially PhD level.
20) Has anyone LOST their belief in God while in the Masons? Has anybody ever lost their faith while in a bowling league, while working as a lawyer or while cutting his lawn? The answer is, yes, probably, but it would be hard to attribute that loss to any of those things. I myself find the Craft sustaining my faith.
21) Are Masons supposed to “announce” their membership, like in a room with regular people who don’t know anything about the Masons? I thought it was a thing you kept private, unless asked. Never seen a rule saying you have to and I cannot imagine a case where I would want to announce it to a room full of strangers.