Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

The big questions.
Posted: 01 March 2017 02:05 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  30
Joined  2014-07-21

Hi.  I hope everyone is having a great day. 

Well. I haven’t posted anything since 4 or 5 months ago cause it seemed like i didnt get What’s Freemasons back days !!  Some of brothers tried to help me here and answered lots of my questions and corrected my mistakes, (Big thanks to them) and in the end they told me ” go learn more and come again ” so.  since that time and i am learning about freemasons and crafting and history of Mason’s.  (but i am still beginner i guess) ..... Anyways one of the brothers here said to me ” i see you don’t know much,  and so far you didn’t show any attention’s from people from your country so you need to learn more”

Okay…  As i said before i was learning about Freemasons in the past 5 months but i am worried about this Question. ( Why do you want to join?? )

I answerd that question since long time and it was wrong answer and i kept trying to figure out it,  post after post and i haven’t showed any attention yet. (back days)

(current time) I have lots of resouns tons,  it’s not that difficult to. Answer because i have Answers but i am afraid in the end I will not get anyone’s attention and get a rejection .!!! 

Since most of you brothers are already in,  what was your answer to That question when you wanted to join ??!!!

maybe your answers are similar to mine !!!  who knows…!

Ps.  No matter what,  i will never quite trying and i will join the end hopefully

Posted: 01 March 2017 02:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2336
Joined  2011-01-20

I’m sorry, but my answer to that question applies only to me as it came from my heart. You must formulate your own response.

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°
Master, Ancient York Lodge, Lowell, MA.

God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Posted: 01 March 2017 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  251
Joined  2014-06-15

Have you even contacted a lodge or Grand Lodge in Jordan, assuming they exist? If not then that is where you must start. If you don’t apply you will never find out if you can be accepted or not. Get a petition, complete it, then come back to us.

Signature 

Bro. David Howard
Jr Grand Deacon - GL of Alabama F & AM
Sr. Warden - Howard E. Palmes Lodge #917, Mobile, Alabama

Posted: 01 March 2017 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  30
Joined  2014-07-21

There’s the lodge Of Petra.  I already contacted with them but no one answered the phone,  and i tried contact with them on Email and haven’t got no response yet.

Some people say the lodge is closed

Posted: 01 March 2017 04:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  443
Joined  2014-03-28
Brother John - 01 March 2017 02:08 PM

I’m sorry, but my answer to that question applies only to me as it came from my heart. You must formulate your own response.

I agree completely.

Signature 

Bro. Bob
Zetland Lodge No. 83
Calgary, AB

Initiated 1 March 1979
Passed 26 May 1979
Raised 18 October 1979

Posted: 01 March 2017 10:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  88
Joined  2012-03-02

So just to throw this out there my Grandfather (master mason) asked me why I wanted to join as well. I’m going to tell you how to answer though it may not be what you expect. Answer honestly and from the heart. there is no exact right answer per say. For example when he asked me why I wanted to join I told him about my experience with the Shriners hospitals here in the states. How they gave me the gift of mobility and how I never forgot etc….as I’m sure you can gather this is a fairly unique response and everyone else’s would be different. This question is designed to weed out people who want to join for selfish reasons because Freemasonry is about helping those around you and making good men better. So if you want to join for the titles or just to be able to say that you are a member then it’s not the place for you.

This is also a question to make sure that you wish to join because you want to join and not because someone else is trying to push you in.

Signature 

I would rather be hated for who I am then loved for who I’m not
-Curt Cobain

Posted: 01 March 2017 10:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  42
Joined  2014-10-16

Good Evening Kenan,
    This is a question that’s within you. Look deep down in your heart and I think you already know why you want to join. I don’t know that you will get a right answer because to tell you the truth…there is no right answer. I can tell you that we are a strong Fraternity looking for good men to better themselves. Every brother has his own opinion on this…believe me! You just have to ask and let your experience begin. I’m glad I took that step and wish I would have years ago.

Signature 

Bro. Dave Johnson, 32°
AASR,Valley of Dayton

Lima,Oh Lodge #205 F&AM;
Junior Deacon

Initiated 1-5-2015
Passed 3-16-2015
Raised 5-13-2015
1st EA Chg 03-20-2017

Posted: 01 March 2017 11:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  251
Joined  2014-06-15

Looking at other threads on this forum, it looks like there are no masonic lodges in Jordan as they were outlawed a few years back. So if you can’t find one and you live in Jordan, then chances are they no longer exist.

I apparently was mistaken. I had read in a couple of places where after King Hussein had passed away that a rule or law had been enacted that forbid Freemasonry to be present and active. But I cannot find those sources.

Signature 

Bro. David Howard
Jr Grand Deacon - GL of Alabama F & AM
Sr. Warden - Howard E. Palmes Lodge #917, Mobile, Alabama

Posted: 02 March 2017 01:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1256
Joined  2011-11-10

David; where did you get the idea they were outlawed in Jordan? AFAIK, there is at least one under the Grand Lodge of Scotland.

Signature 

Richard
Past Provincial Junior Grand Warden, Provincial Grand Treasurer (Royal Arch)
Member of Craft, Royal Arch, Ancient & Accepted Rite, Mark, Royal Ark Mariner, Knight Templar, Knight Templar Priest, Order of Secret Monitor, Royal Order of Scotland
UGLE.

Posted: 02 March 2017 07:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  74
Joined  2013-12-02

3 as a matter of fact Richard

Signature 

Nour Al Ayyash

Lodge Trinity #1846 / Founding Member / J.W
Lodge King Hiram #1351/ Secretary
(Under the jurisdiction of the Grand Lodge Of Scotland)

Lebanon
District Grand Director Of Music

Tripoly Chapter # 773 for the Holy Royal Arch

32° AASR S.J .Valley Of Washington (DC)

March on. Do not tarry. To go forward is to move toward perfection.
“Khalil Gibran”

Posted: 02 March 2017 09:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1256
Joined  2011-11-10

I did say ‘at least one’ 😊

Signature 

Richard
Past Provincial Junior Grand Warden, Provincial Grand Treasurer (Royal Arch)
Member of Craft, Royal Arch, Ancient & Accepted Rite, Mark, Royal Ark Mariner, Knight Templar, Knight Templar Priest, Order of Secret Monitor, Royal Order of Scotland
UGLE.

Posted: 02 March 2017 09:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  74
Joined  2013-12-02

And i am absolutely agreeing to your statement :) lol

Signature 

Nour Al Ayyash

Lodge Trinity #1846 / Founding Member / J.W
Lodge King Hiram #1351/ Secretary
(Under the jurisdiction of the Grand Lodge Of Scotland)

Lebanon
District Grand Director Of Music

Tripoly Chapter # 773 for the Holy Royal Arch

32° AASR S.J .Valley Of Washington (DC)

March on. Do not tarry. To go forward is to move toward perfection.
“Khalil Gibran”

Posted: 02 March 2017 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2016-11-06

Kenan,

Your question is subjective—only you can answer it. There isn’t a set answer that’s going to help you get in. I would encourage you to ponder over the reasons why YOU want to join. As far as rejection is concerned, there is that uncomfortable feeling of uncertainty that’s outside of your control—as long as you’re honest and sincere about your motivations for joining, and you meet the basic requirements in your jurisdiction, I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

Signature 

P. Cassidy

Initiated: 11/5/16
Passed: 12/28/16
Raised:  1/25/17

St George Lodge #33

Posted: 13 March 2017 07:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2016-10-06

Post by mistake in this thread.

Mod, please delete.

Signature 

FM, United Kingdom
Currently: MM, Steward - Lodge: 8362

Posted: 19 March 2017 06:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  104
Joined  2014-08-22
Squared - 02 March 2017 11:18 AM

Kenan,

Your question is subjective—only you can answer it. There isn’t a set answer that’s going to help you get in. I would encourage you to ponder over the reasons why YOU want to join. As far as rejection is concerned, there is that uncomfortable feeling of uncertainty that’s outside of your control—as long as you’re honest and sincere about your motivations for joining, and you meet the basic requirements in your jurisdiction, I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

What he said! Really nothing more needs said.

Signature 

St. Matthews Lodge 906, Louisville,Kentucky.
Suburban Lodge 740, Louisville,Kentucky
AASR, Orient of Kentucky, Valley of Louisville
Knights of St. Andrew, Orient of Kentucky, Valley of Louisville
King Solomon Chapter # 5, Royal Arch Masons
Louisville Council # 4, Royal and Select Masters
Louisville-DeMolay Commandery #12, Knights Templar

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.4453 seconds.