Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

Becoming a freemason in Southern California
Posted: 21 February 2017 02:53 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2017-01-29

Hi,
I live in Southern California, and I’m interested in becoming a freemason.  However, I tried several times to make contact with the local lodges nearby (West Covina and Pomona), but no one responded to me, and the buildings are always closed.  So, could anybody please help me and arrange a meeting with someone here?

Posted: 21 February 2017 06:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2011-03-20

If you are not able to make contact locally yourself the Grand Lodge should be able to help you get an introduction, try contacting the Grand Lodge of California though its website here: https://www.freemason.org/index.htm

Signature 

Mike Martin
Click here for Mersey Lodge No.5434
Click here to chat about UK Freemasonry
Click here to view my Masonic watch fobs

Posted: 21 February 2017 09:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4054
Joined  2007-09-27
sheddini - 21 February 2017 02:53 AM

Hi,
I live in Southern California, and I’m interested in becoming a freemason.  However, I tried several times to make contact with the local lodges nearby (West Covina and Pomona), but no one responded to me, and the buildings are always closed.  So, could anybody please help me and arrange a meeting with someone here?

Also keep in mind that often those buildings may only be used on the days where a meeting is taking place.  Lodges tend to meet once a month.

West Covina Lodge has a Facebook Page that you might be able to use to reach them:
https://www.facebook.com/westcovina446/

Pomona Lodge also has a Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/PomonaLodge/

Have you tried messaging either of those?  I know that for some lodges, phone is actually an inefficient form of contact, as people don’t really use phonecalls as a primary form of communication anymore.  You might want to send them a message via Facebook.

If all else fails, as Mike mentioned, the Grand Lodge should be able to help you reach them.

Signature 

Dan

Past Master, Columbian Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Boston, MA
Friendship Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Wilmington, MA
32° Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Boston
Shriners International, Aleppo Temple - Wilmington, MA

Posted: 23 February 2017 03:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  239
Joined  2012-10-25

Also, keep in mind that many lodges are dark during certain times of the year. My suggestion would be to message the Grand Lodge Secretary.

Signature 

Forte est vinum fortior est rex fortiores sunt mulieres super omnia vincit veritas
(Wine is Strong, the King is Stronger, Women are Strongest: but Truth Conquers All)

Barry Goen
Boyleston Lodge 123 AFM
Balentine SC

Columbia Chapter No. 5
Royal Arch Masons
Columbia, SC

Union Council No. 5
Royal and Select Masters
Columbia, SC

Columbia Commandry No. 2
Knights Templars
Columbia, SC

Posted: 24 February 2017 03:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2017-01-29

Thank you all for the replies, I really appreciate your responses.  I contacted the West Covina Lodge a few days ago, and then I managed to meet the brothers personally at the lodge.  During my visit, I felt respected by all them, they valued my presence, and they also welcomed me to come back again.

‹‹ Lodge in Jordan      Atheist ››

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.3934 seconds.