Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

How to stop a corrupt mason
Posted: 14 February 2017 09:49 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2017-02-13

I know of a master mason who claims to be a 33 degree one that says he used to be a hit an for his frat brothers and that he is also part of the black disciples gang and blood gang. He also sells cocaine and pills but says its okay as long as it’s not a large amount. Is any of this allowed? He has also threatened to kill others. How do we put a stop to someone like that and how do we get them caught?

Posted: 14 February 2017 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  239
Joined  2012-10-25

If you have concerns about the actions of any person, you must contact the authorities. If the person you speak of is convicted of a serious crime, his Grand Lodge will most likely bring Masonic charges against him.

If he does one of these actions in the presence of a brother, we have the responsibility to report it. But we cannot take any Masonic action unless we know for sure what he has done.

Signature 

Forte est vinum fortior est rex fortiores sunt mulieres super omnia vincit veritas
(Wine is Strong, the King is Stronger, Women are Strongest: but Truth Conquers All)

Barry Goen
Boyleston Lodge 123 AFM
Balentine SC

Columbia Chapter No. 5
Royal Arch Masons
Columbia, SC

Union Council No. 5
Royal and Select Masters
Columbia, SC

Columbia Commandry No. 2
Knights Templars
Columbia, SC

Posted: 14 February 2017 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2336
Joined  2011-01-20

I agree with Brother Goen, if you know of these activities notify the police.

I suspect this person is not actually a mason. Nobody who is a 33rd that I’ve encountered would ever brag about it. Nobody who is actually a Mason would be likely to do any of the activities listed. The gentleman is spouting bs to impress those around him. He doesn’t have a clue about Masonry or gangs for that matter. I also believe the first lesson in hit man school is never to call yourself a hit man ;)

He’s a blow-hard, sic the cops on him.

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°
Master, Ancient York Lodge, Lowell, MA.

God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Posted: 14 February 2017 02:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4054
Joined  2007-09-27
Xxxx - 14 February 2017 09:49 AM

I know of a master mason who claims to be a 33 degree one that says he used to be a hit an for his frat brothers and that he is also part of the black disciples gang and blood gang. He also sells cocaine and pills but says its okay as long as it’s not a large amount. Is any of this allowed? He has also threatened to kill others. How do we put a stop to someone like that and how do we get them caught?

I guarantee you he is not a 33rd degree Mason, and if he is lying about that, he is almost certainly lying about being a Mason at all.  Some people make these claims because they are under the false impression that Masons are above the law, or that we have some sort of power over others.

He is mistaken in many ways.  There ARE, however, gangs i have heard of that PRETEND to be Masons.  There are no “black disciples” or “blood gangs” in Masonry, and I suspect this guy hasn’t the first idea what masonry is.

Signature 

Dan

Past Master, Columbian Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Boston, MA
Friendship Lodge A.F.&A.M. - Wilmington, MA
32° Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Boston
Shriners International, Aleppo Temple - Wilmington, MA

Posted: 14 February 2017 02:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  239
Joined  2012-10-25

As a Freemason, I am required to abide by the laws of the land in which I live. If he is not doing that, then you have to ask if he is really a Freemason? I would say he is pretending to be one.

Signature 

Forte est vinum fortior est rex fortiores sunt mulieres super omnia vincit veritas
(Wine is Strong, the King is Stronger, Women are Strongest: but Truth Conquers All)

Barry Goen
Boyleston Lodge 123 AFM
Balentine SC

Columbia Chapter No. 5
Royal Arch Masons
Columbia, SC

Union Council No. 5
Royal and Select Masters
Columbia, SC

Columbia Commandry No. 2
Knights Templars
Columbia, SC

Posted: 14 February 2017 04:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  443
Joined  2014-03-28

I would not say that it is impossible. There have in past been Masons who went bad, after all. But I agree with my brethren above in saying that to me it seems very, very unlikely.

In any case - Mason or fraud - if you believe he is breaking the law, then I would strongly encourage you to call the cops. Please.

Signature 

Bro. Bob
Zetland Lodge No. 83
Calgary, AB

Initiated 1 March 1979
Passed 26 May 1979
Raised 18 October 1979

Posted: 14 February 2017 07:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  962
Joined  2011-03-20

If any of what you have written is accurate, call the Police!

Signature 

Mike Martin
Click here for Mersey Lodge No.5434
Click here to chat about UK Freemasonry
Click here to view my Masonic watch fobs

Posted: 15 February 2017 11:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  92
Joined  2015-11-25

There are also many clandestine and irregular lodges. The world thinks these men are Regular and Accepted Masons because their organizations imply so.

Signature 

Entered-06-20-16
Passed-02-20-17
Raised-06-10-17
Golden City Lodge #1
Golden, CO

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.3371 seconds.