Ask a Freemason Questions and Answers Find a Lodge Near You

Can I withdraw an application and apply to another lodge?
Posted: 23 January 2017 06:38 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2017-01-21

I’ve applied to a lodge with a large volume of applicants, and the process is taking awfully long. I am pretty sure that they haven’t even looked at my application or maybe the application is lost or something. I recently knew that a couple of my friends are freemasons, and they’re members of a lodge with a low volume of applicants. I was thinking of if I could withdraw my application and apply to the other lodge?

thanks in advanced

Jo

Posted: 23 January 2017 11:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2319
Joined  2011-01-20

You certainly could ask but the lodge you applied to may have made more progression your application than you may be aware of.  In addition,  it may not look good on your application to the other lodge. The first lesson of Freemasonry is patience.

Signature 

John Ruggiero, 32°
Master, Ancient York Lodge, Lowell, MA.

God never sends us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes I wish He didn’t trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Posted: 24 January 2017 01:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Newcomer
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2017-01-21
Brother John - 23 January 2017 11:26 PM

You certainly could ask but the lodge you applied to may have made more progression your application than you may be aware of.  In addition,  it may not look good on your application to the other lodge. The first lesson of Freemasonry is patience.

thanks for your reply.
I think I know what’s going on. I just talked to one of the officers in the lodge and he said that I don’t have any existing application with their lodge or with jurisdiction.

Posted: 24 January 2017 11:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2079
Joined  2008-01-21

see this link

http://masonicinfo.com/approaching.htm

The lodge may have lost your paperwork. It is perfectly permissible, to inquire on the status of your application.  If your paperwork is missing, then submit a new form.

Signature 

Charles E. Martin
Alexandria, Virginia

My blog about Masonry in Afghanistan and Iraq:
(Send me a PM)

Bowling Green Lodge #73, Bowling Green, KY (Grand Lodge of KY, F.&A.M.;)
Macedonian Lodge, Quincy Mass. (Grand Lodge of Massachusetts, F.&A.M.;)
Alexandria, VA Scottish Rite Bodies, A.A.S.R. (Southern Jurisdiction, USA)

© 2007 - 2011 The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts.

Page rendered in 0.2081 seconds.