I am going to repost something I wrote not long ago as I think it fits here perfectly.
First… Welcome to the Craft.
Second, as a new Mason (Still an
EA FC), I will give you a couple of tips..
1) Just let it flow. When you go through your ceremony, LISTEN to what is said, THINK about what is said and (I think) PAY ATTENTION to what you do during the ceremony. (all of these will come in handy. When you start your learning, it would be easier if your able to envision what happened during your ceremony)
2) Relax and Enjoy the adventure. Many folks will not give you much insight, as letting you experience it first hand will go a long way. Please do not be discouraged by it, it truly is for your benefit.
3) Do not research anything on the internet right now. While there are some GREAT sites with perfectly accurate information (depending on jurisdiction), there are MANY MORE sites that have it partially or (worse) totally wrong.
4) Get to know all your brothers in the lodge. Learn to lean on your instructors when you have questions, that is what they are there for. While they may be unable to answer all of your questions, due to you being new to the craft, they may be able to answer some things.
5) ALWAYS KEEP IN MIND.. You are new to the craft, you are EXPECTED to not know everything. While being a quick study helps, do not let the fear of doing something wrong, keep you from trying new things.